Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wigwam the Dodo
User Image
yes, yes I'm a moron. Thank you so much for your contribution.
It's completely fine. Just don't go in there making it all about you.

IE: I'M AN ASEXUAL WOMAN, I HOPE THAT'S OKAY. I'M NOT TRYING TO OVEREXTEND MY PRIVILEGE" or something...

Unless you're being hit on, literally nobody cares.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Wigwam the Dodo
Valtiel the Watcher
Look... it's like any other bar in san francisco. straight people go there all the time and hang out, especially straight women. It's better that your friend doesn't go alone anyway.
How much of a crossover is there between the gay bar/club scene and the rustic themed curmudgeon watering hole

because I want to imagine a rustic watering hole filled with older slightly surly gay men and the occasional drag queen, worn out from partying
for some reason this idea amuses me to no end and I want it to be real
Well most of the overlap happens outside of the castro. I mean all bars here are gay friendly and most of the older business crowd, gay or otherwise hangs out at bars in the financial district. If they smoke cigars the only place where anyone can go is the occidental. but what you're describing is a bear bar. I've never been to one because none of my gay friends are bears and honestly I'd be too popular there.
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo
User Image
Don't gimmie that s**t when you and I both know you'd never even accept an explanation

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why would you assume that? I saw your other response to the thread, and i get it. I am being a privileged, self-centered b***h. I came from a privledged background, I'm trying to gain some perspective, and i made this about me. I'm sorry for that, and i see how idiotic this whole thing is.
I just feel like it's better to talk about things than to ignore them.
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo
User Image
Don't gimmie that s**t when you and I both know you'd never even accept an explanation

Why would you assume that? I saw your other response to the thread, and i get it. I am being a privileged, self-centered b***h. I came from a privledged background, I'm trying to gain some perspective, and i made this about me. I'm sorry for that, and i see how idiotic this whole thing is.

Ok
Let me summarize the whole problem

The very concept of your 'privilege' is bullshit
You're not that important sweetheart

The issue you have is that you're sheltered

Granted, asking questions isn't in and of itself stupid
But your question here most definitely is ******** retarded, and belies the selfimportance of someone who takes stock in the concept of 'privilege'

There is no ethical concern in you visiting a gay bar because you don't matter honeybunch
You're just a person like anyone else
You go where you want and that's about the end of it

Pay no mind, Pelliwag. You posted the thread because you were concerned with hurting other's feelings or stepping on people's shoes. That is a gesture born of kind intentions and positivity.

Keep it that way.

Pay no mind to gestures made out of negativity in a situation that was asking how to keep things positive.

You are aiming to support your friend and that is what you should keep the focus on. So support her, have fun and live on ~

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

In my old town the only nice bar (where you didn't have to fear being raped or catching a disease) was the gay bar, lots of straight people went. Plus they have Foam parties.
Wigwam the Dodo
Keralyn Jade
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo

Ok

But your question here most definitely is ******** retarded, and belies the selfimportance of someone who takes stock in the concept of 'privilege'

There is no ethical concern in you visiting a gay bar because you don't matter honeybunch

Pay no mind, Pelliwag. You posted the thread because you were concerned with hurting other's feelings or stepping on people's shoes. That is a gesture born of kind intentions and positivity.

Keep it that way.

Pay no mind to gestures made out of negativity in a situation that was asking how to keep things positive.

You are aiming to support your friend and that is what you should keep the focus on. So support her, have fun and live on ~
And here we see another selfimportant egotist out to preserve the new status quo and not lose their inflated status
And here we see someone who has no inherent respect or sensitivity to human life. May you find that whom completes your life and shows you meaning. Whispering positive blessings your way ~
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo
Pelliwag
Wigwam the Dodo
User Image

Ok

Ok, got it. Look, I really am sorry you had to put up with my ignorance, and I'm grateful that you took the time to respond. I know it's not your job to correct my behavior, so thank you.
Mama Ame
In my old town the only nice bar (where you didn't have to fear being raped or catching a disease) was the gay bar, lots of straight people went. Plus they have Foam parties.

Foam parties sound pretty awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces