Welcome to Gaia! ::

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
I appreciate that there are nice men out there, but I'm not ready to be in a relationship of any kind. I mean we all have to do what we have to do. I believe feminism gives me the independence to chose, and if it never existed I'd be stuck in a nasty place.

If you want to dub me evil and abusive for being a feminist. I guess I'm okay with that. I guess we all have to accept we are evil abusive people for needing feminism to get out of abusive situations? (lol) Okay well I am not going to return to that hell no matter what anyone says.

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
Wigwam the Dodo
No
If anything it will drive you further in

Feminism as it stands today will take every opportunity to remind you how heavily putupon you are, how terribly oppressed you are, and how ever man out there is hunting you down like a hoard of wild beasts craving flesh

Feminsm was never responsible for women's ability to choose their partners
Women have always had that choice
Rape has never been legal so long as the concept has been considered by civilizations using laws

It's not that I would label you evil
I would label you as a fool, walking into a life of endless abuse and mental torture

Make use of feminism, but please, don't become one
Don't let their gender politics infect your way of thinking, don't let them prescribe to you a course of paranoia and hatred.
Think for yourself.

Thanks for your replies. I'm speaking for places that are not advanced as the US or EU. Not everyone lives in a paradise. That includes many many many homes in the US too though.

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
Wigwam the Dodo
sarita caprico
Wigwam the Dodo
No
If anything it will drive you further in

Feminism as it stands today will take every opportunity to remind you how heavily putupon you are, how terribly oppressed you are, and how ever man out there is hunting you down like a hoard of wild beasts craving flesh

Feminsm was never responsible for women's ability to choose their partners
Rape has never been legal so long as the concept has been considered by civilizations using laws

It's not that I would label you evil
I would label you as a fool, walking into a life of endless abuse and mental torture

Make use of feminism, but please, don't become one
Don't let their gender politics infect your way of thinking, don't let them prescribe to you a course of paranoia and hatred.
Think for yourself.

Thanks for your replies. I'm speaking for places that are not advanced as the US or EU. Not everyone lives in a paradise. That includes many many many homes in the US too though.

In those places I have simply yet to see feminists provide results of their activities at all
But again, if you have them, make use of their resources
Just do yourself a favour and hold off on subscribing to their infections politics

Thank you for your input

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I have to admit, I'm a little confused as to how subscribing to a particular ideology actually alters your experience of the world itself insofar as the treatment you receive from others is significantly changed.
To clarify, if it is within your power to receive this more-favorable treatment, then is it specifically due to the beliefs you hold that it is so? If you were and behaved exactly as you are and do now with the sole difference being that you did not call yourself a feminist or believe in feminist rhetoric, would this shield dissipate or remain? Is it that you hold this title that protects you from the abuses of others, or is it that you have somehow protected yourself?

Perhaps it's a catch-22, but it seems to me that if adopting an ideology suddenly protects you from abuse, then it was always within your power to escape it; however, if the abuse is inescapable through any other means, then declaring that you believe in an idea would do absolutely nothing to protect you.

Shy Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
Don't let anyone tell you feminism doesn't fight abuse. It sure as hell does. Its a liberation. Just because some people think its a cuss word doesn't mean you don't have rights. People who forget that women oppressive actions are not rare. You go girl!

Hallowed Lunatic

People hate feminism because it empowers the women they've been taught to degrade.

Abusers hate it; it fights abuse.

Go for it, ladies.

Spoopy Kitten

snowflake_eel
Don't let anyone tell you feminism doesn't fight abuse. It sure as hell does.

When i identified as a feminist, i was sexually and mentally abused for 3 years. I wasnt abused because of my beliefs back then, just like i am not free because of my different beliefs now. What helped me get free is my boyfriend. He listened to me and helped me figure out who i was as a person. I would not be here today if it werent for me meeting him in the first place

What people need is not feminism or masculinism; they need equalism. Males have as many issues they need fixed as females due. For example, one i hold onto highly, there is very little help for males who are sexually or physically abused by a female. Another example i hold onto highly: "a man isnt a man if hes feminine"

Shy Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
xChibi Cannibalx
snowflake_eel
Don't let anyone tell you feminism doesn't fight abuse. It sure as hell does.

When i identified as a feminist, i was sexually and mentally abused for 3 years. I wasnt abused because of my beliefs back then, just like i am not free because of my different beliefs now. What helped me get free is my boyfriend. He listened to me and helped me figure out who i was as a person. I would not be here today if it werent for me meeting him in the first place

What people need is not feminism or masculinism; they need equalism. Males have as many issues they need fixed as females due. For example, one i hold onto highly, there is very little help for males who are sexually or physically abused by a female. Another example i hold onto highly: "a man isnt a man if hes feminine"

I agree with this post

Spoopy Kitten

They Came to Kill GSK
Wigwam the Dodo

So arranged marriages were never a thing. Riiiiiight.

Very obviously, males are forced into those as well

Quote:
Rape has never been legal

So how did the Japanese army get away with it in Nanking? Were they prosecuted? I think not.
Quote:

Just because they get away with it does not mean it is legal. Females also rape just as much as males do. I read an article where - outside of prisons and jails - females rape more often than males in some areas of the USA

Quote:
]
Unless it's with pro-male gender politics, of course.

Im pretty sure Dodo means that one should not fallow blindly into something that will greatly effect others as it will the person themselves. If OP learned about everything feminists are doing (some groups are attacking males for their gender. many groups dont allow MtF members. many groups dont allow male members. some groups require you to be a lesbian, or "you arnt feminist enough". most groups are fighting for outrageous things such as the freedom to walk naked outside when they could be fighting for equal pay. theres more - google is your friend), she may not feel the need to identify as them, because the femnazi/radicals have destroyed what feminism used to be

Cuddly Bear

Feminism is not a way to escape something abusive or distasteful in your life. Feminism is the strive for equal rights between all genders and to eliminate gender roles and all that great stuff. What you are looking for is confidence, strength, and self-worth.

Really, if you want to think "outside the galaxy", feminism is a social construct which means a person or group of people decided "hey, this should be a thing because we are treated so and so and we don't like that". So, really, feminism is only what you make of it just like any other kind of social ideal. You could literally make up a new kind of ideal and it would be all fine and dandy. Feminism and more well known ideas are simply just that-- they are widely known or accepted. Each person should have their own set of ideals and saying that feminism completely fills all those ideals you are looking for isn't quite fair. You are your own person with widely different ideals than someone else who would embrace feminism.

So, like, what I'm trying to say is... treat yourself correctly. If you don't want something to happen to you, make it so that it doesn't happen to you. Find a partner that gives a s**t and make sure they know you're worth treating correctly. Understand that you are wroth treating in a good way and be confident that this is true. Always make a stand for your well-being. You deserve to be treated how you want to be treated and if your partner doesn't agree with that, then they are a sack of unwanted, rotten jelly beans that really need to be thrown in the trash.

And, yeah, this works for any kind of relationship-- friend, family, partner, ect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff