Welcome to Gaia! ::

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Holy balls! Is my inventory seriously worth 30tril? I appreciate this update. heart Thanks for getting it out relatively fast guys. Look forward to the update where we can sort by item value.

Not really, it would only be worth 30tril if I sold everything. MUST KEEP HOARDING.

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

Madam Ace
At least it's somewhat more accurate than the Tektek one, I guess.

Last time I did the Tektek one it put me at 100tril something which is GROSSLY inaccurate.

Yeah, looking at mine here I still feel like it's way, WAY too high compared to what I own, and the most expensive item I possess (Perfect Parcel) has no ABP as no one has ever purchased it at market so that can't be throwing it off either. I'm genuinely confused about what items are driving my price through the roof.

TekTek was more useful in that I could see why it was so high. I remember it once told me I was worth hundreds of trillions but looking at it, 95% of that value was multiple copies of a shitty little 5B bundle that TekTek got confused about and was all 'it's worth 8x more than an angelic halo!' when... no, no it was not.

I am happy to see this feature happen so fast though, that's wonderful! It does make me a little nervous that it took several minutes for my inventory to load. If that's an hourly thing, oof I have concerns for their servers.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Neat! I wasn't expecting anything like this so soon.

Dailanie 's Waifu

Generous Fashionista

nmyhv1

I decided to break out my calculator and found that the worth that I got divided by my amount of items puts it as each items being worth an average 5,785,172,770 gold.

If I took 15% off of the 5124 total items to (more or less) remove game/trash items, that would make each item worth about 6,806,085,612 gold.

That... actually would make sense. While I have a lot of items worth 100m-2b, I also have a fair number worth a bit more than that in addition to my big(ger) ticket items like Ramona and my various recolor set collections. Those could easily increase the average item worth...

Holy damn, am I really worth that much? burning_eyes
I guess the little things really do add up. lol

I still remember turning this account from a mule into my primary account after my old one got banned in '07. Going from one outfit to the next and selling/buying items every time I wanted to change my avi was pretty brutal until I decided to start hoarding every item I got. rolleyes

Heart Tamer

Does this count things you have up on the MP and/or your gold?

Dailanie 's Waifu

Generous Fashionista

MingSao

Not really, it would only be worth 30tril if I sold everything. MUST KEEP HOARDING.

Story of my life. lol

Hoard ALL THE THINGS! classified_fu

Tipsy Batgurl

21,390 Points
  • The Dork Knight 500
  • The Dark Side Awakens 500
  • In Squad We Trust 500
Total inventory items: 2,295 Total inventory Worth: ~23,253,444,069,676 Gold

IDK if that's right. But I liked tektek's better because I used it to figure out what INDIVIDUAL items are worth so I could sell them. It's nice getting a list when you're broke and need gold.

Stubborn Gifter

Gash Thrashum
Does this count things you have up on the MP and/or your gold?

... I'm pretty sure it won't count the items from the MP you're selling. But for the gold... You've made a good point. >.>;
Does this count special items like bundles and RIG?
cause I have a lot of those laying around

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It's been a long time since I've been able to see my worth. 17 trillion now. Last time I was able to look I think I was worth around 250 billion.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Considering the fact that my misguided idea to buy out the gold shops broke Tektek's inventory inspector for me, I'm pleased that this actually works. I'm still floundering trying to sort all these items I bought. Buying out the gold shops is a bad idea. Don't do it. I'm genuinely surprised at how much I'm worth though. I can only account for about half my worth in what would be considered 'big ticket' items these days (things over 100bil). I do have a lot of 'stuff', but I had no idea that it was this much. Though as someone pointed out, the ABP of gold shop items can be all kinds of messed up, so it may be a bit of an overestimate.

It's actually sent me off on a weird tangent thinking about how a lot of my 'big ticket' purchases are relatively affordable now. I remember saving up like crazy for say my Lovely Lucie which was worth about the equivalent of $160 of GC at the time ($10 GC was pretty steady at 1 mil gold for ages), and is now worth about the equivalent of $1 of GC. I don't consider it a poor investment or anything, I have got vast amounts of enjoyment out of the item, but it's odd how these things work out.

It's a nice little feature! Being able to see a breakdown would be nice, but this is always a fun curiosity thing.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
hiimbeary
Sweet Angel Mary
I was happy about it until I saw the last sentence of narumi's dev alert. So good they provided a quick fix, bad that narumi couldn't jut stop the unneeded comment on the whole situation. Well I guess it just reenforces the fact that my time is better spent on things other than gaia. My money is definitely better spent on anime stuff anyway.

I do thank the staff for the effort in trying to improve the user experience here. Now I know which mules are worth purging stuff from since i'm in the mood to clean out as much junk as possible.

Am I missing something? The last sentence I see is a reference to Scrooge McDuck, I think?

TheLostNobody
Am I the only one who thought "this is what tektek had"? Because that's what I first thought upon seeing this feature. And shortly after they had tektek taken down. Hmm..

There's a lot more to it, if you haven't checked out some of the summary threads for the Tektek thing I would suggest looking into them since they do describe the situation in depth c:

But I think it's a good thing if they're trying to provide these features onsite.

I have and I've shared my opinion on it in one such thread. Which is why, to me, it's almost laughable that they're doing essentially he same thing they complained about; they're now taking the design that Tekon created on tektek and using it for themselves and their own website/financial gain. But as I said in my opinion in that thread and I'll say it again here, my opinion is probably in the minority and I'm okay with that.

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
It's nice they added it so fast. I hope it's accurate. I thought I'd be worth more, but that's no big deal for me.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Wow this is an extremely depressing and I hope I can disable it from showing. I don't want to know how little my almost eleven years and monthly monetary contributions are worth. I preferred my ignorant bliss. Give it back.

Time-traveling Gaian

Pretty simple but long over due addition

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas