Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a few days left! How's progress been?

Going well and finishing strong! 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Super far behind and in despair! 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
Oh, people are still writing? 0.3448275862069 34.5% [ 10 ]
The pom-poms are still waving. 0.31034482758621 31.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 330 331 332 > >> >>> »|

High-functioning Noob

User Image

-rolls in as the top of Al's bitches- emotion_donotwant

and i have returned. tacos were a success, thanks to Al. <3

and now I have... 6-7 hours to kill. someone should kick my a** into writing. >w>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mythical Star

Whimsi
Ok so,
Went with a planet, makes a lot of things so much easier.
I like the idea of a rice field like structure,
the layered idea kinda gets at how I had the platform in my head.
Well, so I guess it is kinda mountain like, actually.

I cannot decide if its in a desert or forest.
Either way, this is getting a bit of tribal feel I think,
which I'm not hip to. At least, not 100%.
The aesthetic I had going before was some sort of
Victorianesce type thing.

And apparently were going out to noms.
So I'll be back in a bit.

-moves to kick t o l e k s z i, tickles instead-
Write, women!

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Aurin: Hellz yeah.

Tole:
You can be master of the Albitches.

Roses:
Enjoy your noms. It sounds like you have a lot of work to go yet, and I know you've done a lot already.

For forest vs. desert, maybe consider how much the landscape plays a factor in to the culture. A desert is barren, but it also shifts in appearance a lot if it has a lot of sand. Lots of wind erosion, too. A forest wouldn't change as drastically, but plants and trees growing and dying would have a huge impact, as well as rainfall and temperature.

Random:
My captcha is "cabbage borsht." Weird.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

*gets an Albitches tat on bicep*

Revered Nerd

Albitches, that strangely does not sound weird. I'm digging that noun.

And 1216 words written today. *dusts off hands because that's it, the idea there has run dry*

CoRoses: Maybe tweak some things then to give it the feel you want then? Just be aware that Victorian era stuff tends to be associated with steampunk, which may be something you want or not. (Or to have to explain to people who see Victorian and jump to steampunk that it's not steampunk, unless you are going in that direction.)

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Sweet tat, Aurin.

Impressive wordcount Whimsi. I don't blame you for dusting off your hands, there. My wordcount's only going to be a few hundred today, but I'm organizing and feel more productive because of that. I also need to cave and throw my characters into the cafe.
> - >

Actually, now I'm hesitating with that. There's so much going on already. I'm not sure if my characters could really add anything.

Thirteenth Dragon

t o l e k s z i
hellsing: well i'd hope forms, control, and power would be staple for any style. 'unarmed Medieval swordsmanship' or 'swordplay' rather would fit under today's MARE (martial arts of renaissance Europe.) he may enjoy joining something like ARMA if he's not already in classes for it. 3nodding
interesting, what are his eastern influences, or by that did you just mean that he practices with bokken? what does he practice with bokken?

Sorry, the male companion hauled me away...
*Shrugs* All I know is he's better than me, and he scares the local SCA people. They fight dirty against him because of it. They're push-overs anyway. You'd have to ask him.

High-functioning Noob

User Image

roses: well i'm doing some writing today. gonk but i do need to make actual chapter progress. i just feel so...
-rolls around in bed flaily lazy style- namsayin'?

hey hellsing. i don't want to sound like a broken record incase someone else has said it, but we usually don't quote here. The SCA... i'm not very familiar with it. from what I can gather, it's not really something with MARE classes or real sparring/tournaments for these weapons? well whatever kind of fighting or fight re-enacting they're doing, i hope they're careful enough. long swords are heavy and it's dangerous to swing something like that around when you don't know what you're doing or haven't been properly instructed on how to use the weapon.

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

Hello people. I am here to lurk and think.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Evening, Zy.
It's pretty quiet in here right now. Hopefully that means everyone's writing?

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

Hey Lago! It is and i hope so too. Like I said, I'm thinking about my story and just making sure I know how it will lie.

Mythical Star

SURE take the trying-to-go-paleo person to Cici's.
Bloody brilliant idea.

Lady

I think i'm going to have to weigh how each environment would effect them, and go from there.
I'm thinking maybe the mountain can be surrounded by a field and a forest beyond that.
I don't know. I seem to have more options to weigh.
Again.
God this never ends

Whimsi

Im going to disagree with you, actually. While they do share elements, people seem to understand Victorian and Steampunk are different styles.

Regardless, I may though it out the window. I think victorian is far to lavish.
I don't know. I'm confused, again.

Awesome word count!
You go girl!

t o l e k s z i
-jumps on the bed-

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Zy:
Similar here, though I'm also kind of unwinding from the week.

I'm currently trying to finish some lyrics to a children's rhyme-style song from my story's history/kingdom. I don't know if I have the inspiration for it tonight.

Roses:
Huh. The Cici's Pizza by my house was actually just closed by the franchise. No clue why. It was always busy.

Well, you at least have a start of an idea, then. You can always change it if it doesn't work.

Nuclear Werewolf

Evenin', folks!

Lago, you should know by now that that's a little optimistic. emotion_awesome Next month, though, there are no excuses.

None. emotion_donotwant

Got ideas percolating, Zy?

Revered Nerd

CoRoses: Then you've apparently run into the right people/I've run into the wrong people. (Although there are also the people who don't get what steampunk it even when you explain it to them a million times, but sometimes there are idiots who are statistical outliers and should not be counted.)

What's too lavish about Victorian Era stuff? If the answer is everything, maybe just pull the details that made you want to use it and leave out the rest? OR, if you've got a class system going, maybe the Victorianesque stuff is coming back into fashion and so only the rich/affluent can have the lavish stuff?

Lago: Were you the one with that bit of awesome sounding line that was going to turn it into lore/poem/something?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff