Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a few days left! How's progress been?

Going well and finishing strong! 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Super far behind and in despair! 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
Oh, people are still writing? 0.3448275862069 34.5% [ 10 ]
The pom-poms are still waving. 0.31034482758621 31.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 330 331 332 > >> >>> »|

Mythical Star

Mors

I saw that earlier! LOVE IT!

Ha ha, that short was cute. Never seen teen wolf.
I actually just put up some yarn, since i'm going to do this all on the same wall, and ran out of room one way. XD

Do it girl! Art your heart out!

Lady
Clothes are stupid.
For a costumer, Im' very anti-clothing.
Even though they can be so pretty...

Dedcadent Pants

Bunny - Nope, the only area that I was thinking it could be possible in was the sanctuary. Of a specific church, as it required the MC to be able to shoot someone from cover using a distraction. I was gonna place her in the pulpit and have the victim be shot while going into the choir room.

Revered Nerd

Hells: You're character is coming off as rather... strong. Like too much body spray. Plus I'm not sure I know the exact word but the spiel about tea is kind of ... it's hard to pin down, but the whole "it's not actually a tea, it's an infusion," with using some name and a smirk at some joke about it. That's kind of not a "hi, I'm a friendly person" vibe.

At least that's the impression I got from reading it, so yeah, Jade's character's reaction seems totally reasonable from my view point. (Especially factoring in her character's mood.)

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Hellsing:
Not as jaded, but probably pretty freaked out. Adult Wymond spent 20+ years helping and eventually taking over a Medieval-era merchant business. He's well-traveled and has seen a lot of cultures he'd consider odd. Young Wymond hasn't. And his uncle...well his uncle is a more experienced mage and has better intuition than he lets on, so he'd probably sense something funny about the place before they even came in and be totally fine with it if he felt it wasn't hostile.

Well, actually, that could probably work. All these random characters and Uncle Warian just sitting there cool as ice.

Roses:
Clothes are pretty. ^-^ But they can get in the way designing a character. Character first, then some minor culture details, then outfit.

Lia:
Well, if that's what you want to do, then go for it!

Mythical Star

Lady

Agreed.
Clothes really are a bi-product of the culture and its aesthetics, hence with the coming last.

Im not looking forward to drawing out each character, I have issues figuring out what makes faces look different and translating that onto paper.

Nuclear Werewolf

Roses: Oh, faces are fun. Distances between features, amount of subcutaneous fat, bone structure, color and marks, ear shape, eyebrow shape, proportions, three-dimensionality... so many options.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Roses:
Yep! A little change in personality or situation can really affect an outfit.

Maybe start looking up characters or something that have personalities similar to the one you're creating, and see what facial features are associated with that? Or go the opposite route. Features = opposite of personality you'd associate them with. Obviously non-human characters won't be exactly the same, but it can be a starting point.

--

Hmmm, I think I'm going to think about the cafe thing and get to it Thursday. It's getting late here, and I won't be on much tomorrow.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Hellsing - So if that's your character's reaction, be true to them. This is the point of the exercise.

High-functioning Noob

User Image

Al: you mean like this?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

What do you need Lover?

Mythical Star

Alberic

Oh damn thats a lot of options, and its not all. I'm kinda bad and deciding how people look.

Oh but I do know they do not haz eyebrows! and the noses are smaller, because smell isn't a big deal.

I think i'll have to find different snakes to base people off of, and maybe find a few human references if i can. I may have the round out the species a bit more though.

But that does not sound very fun.

Lady
I think its gonna take a good chunk of research.
As long as I have a vauge idea, it should work. I hope.

Nuclear Werewolf

Tol: Precisely so. So art. Much wow. emotion_kirakira

Roses: Ah. Also, it occurs to me that you're speaking of reptilian faces? Similar principles apply, but your head is just a different shape generally.

For my pet Nazi space elf aliens, I have a great deal of fun coming up with variations on the different racial/ethnic templates. It was then that I realized what sort of variety you can get with ears, and I was saddened to realize that most people fail to exploit this.

Revered Nerd

CoRoses: But snakes are all about smell. That tongue thing is them tasting/smelling

Damn, Now I want to write about animal people doing the weird things animals do. ...although Afa has the ability to see uv light like some birds of prey... but that's because of a real human condition that makes him severely myopic instead of uber birdvision.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Tole:
Best. Face. Art. Ever.

Roses:
Best of luck with it! I actually really like snakes (the real things), so I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Thirteenth Dragon

Whimsi I'm having difficulty articulating a response. Yes, Trayce is acerbic and sarcastic, but she's also accustomed to being the one in control of a situation. When she isn't she's usually running for her life or about to be. The random factoid about tea was her way of an ice-breaker. Some of her social interactions are definitely going to be 'different,' because of her schitzotypal personality. I guess maybe I've either nailed it, or maybe I've just failed in bringing out that she does react to strange situations with sarcasm as a defense.

Lady Just have fun..?

Jade My character's responses have been called into question, suddenly. I had written a response, but I trashed it. A shouting match ending with a lightsaber buried in Greta's chest and the cafe on fire might not be the way to proceed. Though Trayce is rattling the bars of her cage and demanding retribution, I think it best that I not let her call any shots for the next little while.

Bug Tell me that Trayce isn't a bitchy flake with a nasty temper...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff