Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I have oily hair and oily face. The rest of my skin isnt oily but is dry. So my question is what are some good face washes for oily skin to help cut down on the shinies.

Also whats good shampoo or whatever for thinning , fairy oily hair sad

(note i live in the us and im looking for something less than $5 a bottle since im poor sad )

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
hey, I feel ya, my hair and skin are oily so I could never take a shower at night and wake up in the morning and go to school/work without feeling and looking like i needed to shower again. There are a few things you can do, I'm not sure how old you are but im 25 now and my oily skin and hair died down a little and i almost have normal skin (by the way , i want to say oil is good for when you get older, you don't get as many wrinkles and your skin stays nice, while your hair always stays shiny - no matter how often you dye it or mess with it!).

1. If you wear make up, dont use the oily foundation, always use the powder -> even if you dont wear make up, having the powder around for emergencies (like after a good workout and facewash) is nice too (this works for guys as well)

2. Use a clenser that is free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and is a natural clenser, I like this one -> http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Organics-Vitamin-Refreshing-Cleansing/dp/B00015XAQ0 (you can find it at a drug store for 7$)

3. DONT OVERWASH! People think if they have oily skin/hair, drying it out is the answer but your body actually produces more to make up for the oil loss (thats why i recommend a cleanser with no harsh drying out chemicals) . I tried drying out my skin for years, only hour later looking like i dipped my face in vaseline rofl

hope this helps smile
Using hot water will probably help more than cold water when washing your face/hair too. Not scalding hot water though.

I think this is all I can contribute as Roxxyy has already brought up some other good points.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
loveroxxyy
hey, I feel ya, my hair and skin are oily so I could never take a shower at night and wake up in the morning and go to school/work without feeling and looking like i needed to shower again. There are a few things you can do, I'm not sure how old you are but im 25 now and my oily skin and hair died down a little and i almost have normal skin (by the way , i want to say oil is good for when you get older, you don't get as many wrinkles and your skin stays nice, while your hair always stays shiny - no matter how often you dye it or mess with it!).

1. If you wear make up, dont use the oily foundation, always use the powder -> even if you dont wear make up, having the powder around for emergencies (like after a good workout and facewash) is nice too (this works for guys as well)

2. Use a clenser that is free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and is a natural clenser, I like this one -> http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Organics-Vitamin-Refreshing-Cleansing/dp/B00015XAQ0 (you can find it at a drug store for 7$)

3. DONT OVERWASH! People think if they have oily skin/hair, drying it out is the answer but your body actually produces more to make up for the oil loss (thats why i recommend a cleanser with no harsh drying out chemicals) . I tried drying out my skin for years, only hour later looking like i dipped my face in vaseline rofl

hope this helps smile

worst is if I wash my hair on Saturday , by monday morning it looks like I havent washed it in a week, By Sunday night my forehead is shiny like vaseline bukkake. The only makeup I wear is chapstick/lipgloss and eyeshadow. I tried to go into the store and find a bottle but holy cupcakes theres about 50000 bottles,soaps, and cleansing cloths of "facial" crap

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff