Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image

Sword Art Online: The Spirit Eclipse

The end is nigh.

One year and six months ago, a private server of the once fatal game, Sword Art Online, was established out of the blue. There was no website, no information, nothing. From sheer curiosity, a fair number of people decided to give the game a shot. After some careful exploration and experimentation, players found the game to be completely safe - they could respawn after dying, and could log out freely. Being that it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore a piece of VRMMO history, players went to work tackling the many challenges laying in wait.

In the present day, much of the game has been cleared. The community has reached the 99th floor and the end is in sight. Though the mystery of the game's purpose lingers, most people have come to ignore it in favor of simply enjoying the experience. So come, adventurer, and see What Aincrad has in store for you...

« RP » | OOC | Profiles

Lightbringer

User Image

1. Be respectful to all players (in an OOC context at least), even during disagreements.

2. No canon characters (Kirito, Asuna, etc.), only original characters.

3a. This RP is semi-lit. One paragraph minimum, three maximum.

3b. Write as best as you can. To delve into this rule a bit, this means:
    • No godmodding (making your character infallible, unreasonably strong, things like that)
    • No powerplaying (taking control of another character's actions without permission)
    • No autohitting (landing a strike without giving the other player a chance to defend first)
    • No metagaming (using OOC information to give your character some sort of advantage)

This also means that you should provide a reasonable amount of content in your posts (what your character is doing, thinking, seeing, things like that. No one-liners.), and use spelling, grammar, and punctuation properly (typos and the like are forgiven, but when it comes to proofreading your post, check if it sounds strange when read aloud. That is usually a decent indicator of a problem).

Lastly, this means that your posts should be working toward building a better story, not showing off how great your character is. I will likely provide -constructive- criticism to what I find to be poor quality posts, but if I'm frequently doing it, I'm going to ask you to leave the RP. I'm sorry in advance, but I've grown too tired of it. That said, don't think that I'm out to get you. Most people are fine writers and won't hear anything from me. Just consider this my promise of quality control.

4. Be reasonably active. When someone is waiting on you to post, such as in a battle or conversation, you have two days to respond before that person has permission to move on without you, assuming you don't give some sort of notice in the OOC or a PM. I won't be chasing anyone on the subject, it's your own desire to be here.

5. This RP is story driven. I have a plot in mind that I want to work toward. Developing your character, having relationships, and things like that are perfectly welcome, but if you have no interest in actually progressing through the story/game, this RP is not for you.

6. Please indicate your character's location at the beginning or end of your posts for convenience.

This is just some general stuff to know about the RP.

• This is a standard version of Aincrad, so there are sword skills, but no magic, wings, guns, or anything of the sort.

• A reminder, players respawn after dying and can log out any time. When characters die, they lose some experience and Col.

• Col is the currency (money) used in Aincrad.

• A player's health bar is visible, but their name is not (unless you are in a party). You have to ask someone's name to know it.

• All extra and unique skills are available to all players, including Dual Wielding, Katana, Holy Sword, and things like that. (A note, if I find people are being idiots with the freedom of having these skills available, I will revoke them.)

• Tracking things like HP, experience, Col, and so on isn't necessary. It's just to add depth to the RP if you like doing it.

• Standard monsters can be created and controlled by each RPer, but I play the role of bosses.

I will add and change rules/information as it becomes necessary.

Lightbringer

User Image

You are welcome to add other information, such as a biography, if you like. Erase anything in brackets when sending in the profile for cleanliness. When approved, you can post your character in the character thread. Please PM me the profile with the title 'SAO Application'.

[b]Gaia username:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (A written description, a picture, or both are fine. Please don't use photos of real people.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] (Swords, Axes, Claws, Maces, whatever you can think of. If you have a skill like Dual Wielding, mention it here.)
[b]Extra information:[/b] (Optional)

Since some people like to use it, I made a little status display that you can use in your posts. It's not required or anything, it's just for fun. Play with it as you like, and feel free to ask questions if you wanna know how I use it. c:

[size=11]_____________________________________

[list][b]Name[/b] [color=#68A01D]██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color][color=#8BB256]▀[/color]
[color=white]_________________[/color][b]250 / 250 | LV: 1[/b]
[/list]_____________________________________

Lightbringer

User Image

None as of yet.

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer

Lightbringer