Welcome to Gaia! ::

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Salathielly
minghii
Salathielly
minghii
ripper's toolbelt.... that doesn't sound too good ಠ_ಠ

dat glitch looks awesome..... but nooooooo it's modeled after the ugly legs on the male base emo

It's the base legs of whatever base you are. Mine looks like base female legs.

I'm liking this item so far, and I'm really liking the detail put into the story behind it! <3
i know that. which is why on the male base, it's modeled like the male base, which is ugly.
but at least it's a glitch item and it doesn't look as bad as the real base rofl.

i'm looking forward to the story pieced together, this is a bit hard for me to follow even though it's really cool

Ah, sorry. If you wouldn't have posted, I wouldn't have known it was the avatar base and the legs didn't just look like that since I'd only tried it on with this avatar. sweatdrop

Agreed, the story is hard to follow...but I'm hoping it will come together in the end in a way that makes sense. I think right now information is being left out to get us intrigued in the mystery, though if they don't solve it for us at the end, I think there will be a lot of frustration. xD;;
if only it was just a bit mroe shaped like actual legs.... the annoyance of having the male base emo

i'm sure the artist won't leave us hanging xD

Divine Muse

I want this in yellow sooo freaking bad!!!!!!

Stubborn Gifter

Zero Dream
Okay, from what I can tell of the story

Watchdog Gray and Watchdog Blue (which I think is Pariah / the pov character) are sent on a mission and integrated into some sort of cyberspace to carry out a task that isn't yet clear, but in Pariah's case there were errors when she was beamed in the system. Unresolvable errors are kind of like chasing the rabbit in Pacific Rim, where she basically desync with the system and gets lost into her memories until the system sync her back in and the errors are dealt with. From Pariah's thoughts this can possibly have pretty bad concequences (You've heard stories about what happens to people caught in immersive sims. - maybe she runs the risk of being lost forever ?)

Im sure this will make more sense once we have all the pieces :3

I hope so because I'm still confused from what's going on. sweatdrop

In addition, I will admit that I'm kinda disappoint that there's no male in the story (or maybe it hasn't reveal yet?) I was hoping to see a neutral gender or maybe a male into the story, but sadly... It isn't. sweatdrop

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

minghii
Salathielly
minghii
Salathielly
minghii
ripper's toolbelt.... that doesn't sound too good ಠ_ಠ

dat glitch looks awesome..... but nooooooo it's modeled after the ugly legs on the male base emo

It's the base legs of whatever base you are. Mine looks like base female legs.

I'm liking this item so far, and I'm really liking the detail put into the story behind it! <3
i know that. which is why on the male base, it's modeled like the male base, which is ugly.
but at least it's a glitch item and it doesn't look as bad as the real base rofl.

i'm looking forward to the story pieced together, this is a bit hard for me to follow even though it's really cool

Ah, sorry. If you wouldn't have posted, I wouldn't have known it was the avatar base and the legs didn't just look like that since I'd only tried it on with this avatar. sweatdrop

Agreed, the story is hard to follow...but I'm hoping it will come together in the end in a way that makes sense. I think right now information is being left out to get us intrigued in the mystery, though if they don't solve it for us at the end, I think there will be a lot of frustration. xD;;
if only it was just a bit mroe shaped like actual legs.... the annoyance of having the male base emo

i'm sure the artist won't leave us hanging xD

I'm not a huge fan of the base legs on either gender. I mean, I have some liking of them due to nostalgia, but mods have totally spoiled me. sweatdrop

And no, I'm sure they won't!

Beloved Stargazer

Jisen Meizuki
Zero Dream
Okay, from what I can tell of the story

Watchdog Gray and Watchdog Blue (which I think is Pariah / the pov character) are sent on a mission and integrated into some sort of cyberspace to carry out a task that isn't yet clear, but in Pariah's case there were errors when she was beamed in the system. Unresolvable errors are kind of like chasing the rabbit in Pacific Rim, where she basically desync with the system and gets lost into her memories until the system sync her back in and the errors are dealt with. From Pariah's thoughts this can possibly have pretty bad concequences (You've heard stories about what happens to people caught in immersive sims. - maybe she runs the risk of being lost forever ?)

Im sure this will make more sense once we have all the pieces :3

I hope so because I'm still confused from what's going on. sweatdrop

In addition, I will admit that I'm kinda disappoint that there's no male in the story (or maybe it hasn't reveal yet?) I was hoping to see a neutral gender or maybe a male into the story, but sadly... It isn't. sweatdrop

Gray hasn't been gendered yet, I think ?

Stubborn Gifter

Zero Dream

I reread the story again, and I think I started to get what it is...

... We're not looking through Watchdog Gray and Watchdog's perspective. We're looking through Unit 487's (aka: Pariah) perspective. Both watchdogs are like us, looking at the story through Pariah's perspective.

When you reread the first story of the REI, it stated that the watchdogs had activated a memory of Pariah about the incident that happened. What was the incident? We don't know. Who was that woman that Pariah remembers her smile? We don't know.

What we do know is that whatever the incident was, it created an error to Pariah to make Pariah "forget." And it is up to the watchdog to fix the errors and try to uncover what that incident was.

I don't know if that's what the second part of the story mean... Kinda wish the artist comes and "decipher" what the story is. sweatdrop

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Oooh, I really like this new background thingus.

Yeah, the legs don't match my mod but I don't really care.

Beloved Stargazer

Jisen Meizuki
Zero Dream

... We're not looking through Watchdog Gray and Watchdog's perspective. We're looking through Unit 487's (aka: Pariah) perspective. Both watchdogs are like us, looking at the story through Pariah's perspective.

When you reread the first story of the REI, it stated that the watchdogs had activated a memory of Pariah about the incident that happened. What was the incident? We don't know. Who was that woman that Pariah remembers her smile? We don't know.

What we do know is that whatever the incident was, it created an error to Pariah to make Pariah "forget." And it is up to the watchdog to fix the errors and try to uncover what that incident was.

I don't know if that's what the second part of the story mean... Kinda wish the artist comes and "decipher" what the story is. sweatdrop

Ohhh, that's also possible. :O

Hmm. Im sure it will make sense by the end !

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
There's some (very small, possibly unhelpful) clues in the other universe item descs too, but i hope you don't mind being in suspense for a while ;D I tend to like stories you have to piece together a bit as you go and I am a big fan of ARGs/puzzles/things like that which is definitely playing into how the story's written. Also I like reading people's speculation hahaha

Stubborn Gifter

Zero Dream
Jisen Meizuki
Zero Dream

Ohhh, that's also possible. :O

Hmm. Im sure it will make sense by the end !

I just got tipped by Rejam. >__>;

But yeah, I hope it makes sense by the end of the REI.

Doc Arkham's Husband

Savage Punk

Jayce Reinhardt
I want this in yellow sooo freaking bad!!!!!!

YES PLEASE

Celestial Spirit

Okay, so...
The Vulture squad (name suggests a clean-up crew) found the implant from one Recon Unit (Pariah) and the body of the Trainee Recon Unit 482, which was missing its implant. Interesting. Why take one implant and leave the other? This may have been deliberate.

POV is Watchdog Blue, who seems to be the only one having trouble with the simulation of Pariah's memories (so far). The redactions are curious, as it suggests that either the implant is missing that information, or we ourselves are viewing a memory that has been redacted after the fact (in which case, Blue's current status is unknown as well).

The conversation may have been about removing the implants.
The danger of immersive simulation has not been stated, but we can guess by that last line that there is a potential for memories to be confused and/or integrated into the viewer's reality.
That's as far as I can speculate for now, but I have to say I find this more fun than the usual sort of REI story. ^_^

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Zero Dream
CherryblossomGoodbye
Zero Dream
Guys it's not a background

It's a mod

It layers on whatever background you want *u*

Some backgrounds don't work with it that I've found... but others work just fine.

Yeah, I ran into one that didn't work. Different layering probably ?

Probably. I was trying to use the Asphalt Jungle and it didn't work. I can't remember the names of some of the other backgrounds I was trying on the avatar dress-up screen (I was searching All Gaia).

Tree of Sylph worked, strangely, but it looked really odd. rofl
Sigh me up
I probably won't get it, but the story seems interesting
Pretty different from most REI we get

Ice-Cold Bookworm

all i think when i see this item is "zero would like that" lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers