Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Spirit

Our latest staff update has announced the following:

Quote:
SCAS: Applications Open!

Hello Gaians! If you're an active user interested in lending a hand to Gaia Online by testing out new features and events before they're launched, help us iron out the bugs by joining SCAS, our beta testing guild! To become a member of SCAS, your account must be in good standing with Gaia Online and have no recent ToS violations. To apply, simply send an email to apply4beta@gaiaonline.com with the subject: "SCAS Application." Good luck to all our applicants!

They have clarified the application process.

Quote:
SCAS Applications: Update

Hey Gaians,

We appreciate all the applications that we have received so far! We will begin processing them soon. We did want to provide an update and clarification about the application process:

When you send in your e-mail, please include your username. If you have already sent in an e-mail and it does not include your username, simply resend it!
You must include the e-mail subject, "SCAS Application", or we will not be able to process your application.
At this time we are only able to accept Gaians that are of 18 years of age or older. Unfortunately this is a requirement as we do need you to sign a legal mutual nondisclosure agreement.

Discussion
yum_hotdog Are you applying?
yum_hotdog How much involvement do you think users will have?
yum_hotdog How many people do you think they will accept?
yum_hotdog Why am I using hotdogs instead of spoons? I just had lunch emotion_0A0

Enduring Hero

Nah i'm not applying. Too busy.
For user involvement-- hard to really say. Seems more like just testing the features and finding bugs. Dunno if they'll take any suggestions inputs or anything like that. They might, they might not-- might depend on what they're testing quite frankly.
As for the number of people they'll accept-- who knows? Could be quite a few 'cuz more peeps = easier to find bugs.
And you're using hotdogs 'cuz you're secretly still hungry for more food.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Darn
I get warned too many times to qualify whee
this is like user acceptance testin huh yum_puddi

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

I applied. But idk, if on the 1/9000 chance I get chosen I hope stuff isn't hard rofl. Maybe I should've though about how busy I am with school first pffft

I have a feeling you're hungry for other things than hotdog..... emotion_awesome

Omnipresent Spirit

minghii
I applied. But idk, if on the 1/9000 chance I get chosen I hope stuff isn't hard rofl. Maybe I should've though about how busy I am with school first pffft

I have a feeling you're hungry for other things than hotdog..... emotion_awesome
Same, I insta-applied and then I was like... I hope it's not too time consuming, especially with finals approaching.

Minghi, do not bring those things up in forums scream redface

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
I have no idea how it works. I admit, I sent in an application because I'd love to take part in testing and I'm online all the time anyway ;p But is just sending them a simple message enough? I can't imagine they want a CV or anything (not that anything I've done would help me haha)

Twilight Aria's Husbando

Man-Hungry Connoisseur

20,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It's cool that they're looking to test new features and stuff with the users, utilizing feedback is something they could stand to do. I can't guess how many people they're looking to accept. I'm considering applying, but I'm not sure... if I have the attention span. sweatdrop

Space Traveler

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I wanna be super cool and secret D:

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Time to take a endless train ride.

Have played most games to death once they were released beyond scas (like sign up rounds).

Longest time I have spent playing a game straight was when DMS opened (Played that for 40 hours before taking a break and getting some sleep).

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Gods, maybe if they have some new people in there to guide them on what to improve on, or just not make, the features that come out won't be trash. At least I hope they take suggestions, otherwise we'll just have more Tentacls.

Ink-Covered Monarch

42,750 Points
  • Inked Child 500
  • Undersea Queen 500
User Image
I'm interesting in applying, but I don't really know what is proper to send within the application...
Is it just a simple line saying "HEY. Lemme join your guild, kthxbye."? Or something far more detailed? Like a Gaian-resume or something? gonk
Though I might not apply because of the amount of film shoots I have to do coming up in Spring....

Omnipresent Spirit

Sagebomb
Time to take a endless train ride.

Have played most games to death once they were released beyond scas (like sign up rounds).

Longest time I have spent playing a game straight was when DMS opened (Played that for 40 hours before taking a break and getting some sleep).
jfc, that is some dedication! eek

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think it is great that the admins are reviving this. I noticed bluealaris mentioned several projects in the last ATS. So it is nice to see that these projects may be tested before going live. X3

Omnipresent Spirit

Kaderach
User Image
I'm interesting in applying, but I don't really know what is proper to send within the application...
Is it just a simple line saying "HEY. Lemme join your guild, kthxbye."? Or something far more detailed? Like a Gaian-resume or something? gonk
Though I might not apply because of the amount of film shoots I have to do coming up in Spring....
Honestly they weren't super specific about the application.
I just put my username in the message and stated that I wanted to apply.
I figured they'd like your username somewhere in there at least. yum_puddi

Spoopy Gekko

Quote:

yum_hotdog Are you applying?

Yes. I've been curious about SCAS for a while now but haven't had the opportunity to apply prior to this thanks to being busy with other things IRL. I just don't know how likely it is that I'll be accepted. sweatdrop
I'm guessing there isn't a form to send out in the email? I dunno. Just felt so awkward typing up a quick message for an application with like zero guidelines for it. QQ

Quote:
yum_hotdog How much involvement do you think users will have?

I'm hoping there will be a decent bit of involvement. I don't know necessarily about feedback per say but, I'm hoping they're doing this to help test new features to replace what ones were/will be lost with TekTek probably shutting down. That and to hopefully - and I mean HOPEFULLY - prevent there being as many bugs and glitches in events. They have seriously needed to test events more before launching them lately. gonk

I still think they need to make something regarding user feedback though, in terms of involvement if they haven't already. Gaia really needs to get more one on one with members about new features/events/games. It'd help them understand more of what needs to be done with certain features and it'd be a great opportunity for them to ask while they're in beta instead of hard launching it and causing the SF to explode.

Quote:
yum_hotdog How many people do you think they will accept?

Uuuuh, I'm not entirely sure. I know back in 2012 there were a LOT of inactive members in SCAS supposedly. It wouldn't surprise me if they cleaned house and accept a rather large group of members to make up for it, especially if they need hard testing for things like new events or new features they haven't dealt with yet. Maybe even some new game testing since I know they've been talking about revamping games?
We shall see. Hoping a large group of people will be accepted either way. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces