Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Humorist

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
...Because when my mom and dad divorced, my daddy never came around. I have unresolved daddy issues, but it's my mothers fault , if she had married another man i'd finally be able to fill the void of my father deserting my mother and I. Another mom couldn't fulfill my longing for my father, but I'm implying that maybe if my mom married another guy - I'd be okay. Or I might just transfer my issues into anti-blended families because step parents can't be fathers.

And LD yes I'll admit that trivializing this woman's life isn't becoming of someone, but seriously? Most children of divorce will undoubtedly come across problems growing up, especially when either one of their parents suddenly aren't a part of their life anymore. But her basis for why she is against gay marriage also throws into the mix, single parent heterosexual families as well. It's an all encompassing slap against the idea of what makes a family, because 1 or two loving and supportive parents just don't cut it anymore.

Sweetheart you cannot blame your mothers love of the muff, and her subsequent marriage to a muff-giver and their amazing job at raising you into a functioning, decent adult, for your own heterosexual father's neglect. But the psycho christians will have a field day with this one.

So LD discuss,

- Are you for or against marriage equality?

- How detrimental do you honestly believe having two moms or two dads is?

- Would you, in the future ever have divorce your partner. In your hypothetical future, and with knowing yourself, how bad do you think the divorce would get? How would it affect your hypothetical children?

- Children of divorce - how do you cope with it? How did you adjust to your parents remarrying, or remaining single? How has it affected you growing up or thus far?

- Does this woman's article make any sense whatsoever?

-From looking at the comments you can tell that the antigayers have built up this rhetoric, that magical LGBT activists will berate them for their stupidity. As much as this is true and generally understood that they are pretty dumb, how often does it actually happen? Usually in their threads, it's just a bunch of people supporting their idea about these mythical LGBT monsters coming to persecute them.

- Are you intolerant of the ignorant? How do you manifest your intolerance? Do you seek to educate and illuminate the least aggressive way you know how? Or do you go for the jugular and attack their character, with a few suggestions for suicide thrown into the stew?

- What is freedom of speech? And are you aware that with rights come responsibilities. So you have a right to be an a*****e, albeit, you'll still be an a*****e and consequently, might be treated as an a*****e. Sorry bout it.

P.S I had sex with a 30~40 year old father to be. First time doing penetrative sex, I can finally call myself a blouse. - A feminine top, get it? Yas gawd emotion_awesome

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
My mom and dad separated when I was eleven years old.

I was so happy. I never... felt sad about it, actually. I didn't have to cope. It was a positive event for me. Even later, as a teenager, I still found myself distant from my father. I tried to open up sometimes, but it was hard. We couldn't have all been a family. It wouldn't have worked out. It didn't the first time. As a kid, I never felt like I had a family. I wanted to avoid my father; my mother was busy and I viewed her more as a shield than a mother; my sister had her own preoccupations; my brother was someone I idolized, but who tried as much as possible to never be home.

I'm not sure when the divorce paperwork proper went through. Everyone treats the separation as though it were the moment of divorce, though... and I suppose that's fair. Perhaps the law has a different opinion, but really, that's when it was over.

My mom dated a couple of guys, but ultimately has decided to stop doing that, and that's fine. My dad found a screeching demon with which to punish himself, and when he died, she stole everything he owned and took to coming after me for a while. I mildly regret putting up with it.

When my parents were together, it wasn't a good time. I don't think either of them got over the other after they went their separate ways, but they simply couldn't handle being together. Fifteen years of marriage proved that. Eventually, they just had to call it quits.

I'm grateful they divorced.

And yeah, I think whoever wants to get married should be afforded that option.

Shaggy Fatcat

"Boohoo I'd rather blame my mom for my daddy issues than actually go try to fix them myself and see a counsellor because I don't want to act like an adult and blame gay marriage"

that's all I ******** read.

Versatile Vampire

not at all
- Would you, in the future ever have divorce your partner. In your hypothetical future, and with knowing yourself, how bad do you think the divorce would get? How would it affect your hypothetical children?
i cant even imagine. i dont really want a life partner. i just want someone who will raise kids with me if that makes sense. so they have two people they can rely on. idk.
- Children of divorce - how do you cope with it? How did you adjust to your parents remarrying, or remaining single? How has it affected you growing up or thus far?
not applicable
didnt read lmao
-From looking at the comments you can tell that the antigayers have built up this rhetoric, that magical LGBT activists will berate them for their stupidity. As much as this is true and generally understood that they are pretty dumb, how often does it actually happen? Usually in their threads, it's just a bunch of people supporting their idea about these mythical LGBT monsters coming to persecute them.
no idea
- Are you intolerant of the ignorant? How do you manifest your intolerance? Do you seek to educate and illuminate the least aggressive way you know how? Or do you go for the jugular and attack their character, with a few suggestions for suicide thrown into the stew?
idk i like to think i'm pretty tolerant. i try to explain things but when someone just doesnt get it i can become a bit nasty. what the ******** kind of a person tells someone to kill themselves tho?
- What is freedom of speech? And are you aware that with rights come responsibilities. So you have a right to be an a*****e, albeit, you'll still be an a*****e and consequently, might be treated as an a*****e. Sorry bout it.
there was a quote somewhere along the lines of "if freedom of speech is your only argument you didn't have a solid opinion in the first place" and i'm a pretty firm believer in that
P.S I had sex with a 30~40 year old father to be. First time doing penetrative sex, I can finally call myself a blouse. - A feminine top, get it? Yas gawd emotion_awesome
get some tbh

Invisible Humorist

Well I can now say I've met a gay person who isn't for gay marriage

Shameless Man-Lover

This girl is stupid and need ******** therapy. Her mother was going to divorce the d**k father if she was a lesbian or not. The dude was a d**k and it would have crumbled eventually.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Senator Armstrong
Raven Winter
My mom and dad separated when I was eleven years old.

Two Christmases!

s**t yeah.

Spoopy Kitten

For marriage between two consenting adults. Heck, marry multiple people if thats your life style as long as everyone is a consenting adult. Its none of my business

My mom and dad divorced when i was 11 - 12. Loved it. Loved it so much. They did not belong together and it was so obvious to me and other people, but it wasnt obvious to them. My mom was only staying because she felt she had to for me, and my dad only stayed because it costed money to get a divorce. The main problem in their marriage was how my dad viewed money. He would go out and buy a 60$ pair of shoes each month and would only allow me and my mom to split 20$ each month for whatever we needed. More often than not, my mom would spend the money on me rather than herself, even though she desperately needed new clothes (holes, holes everywhere). My mom told me the reason she finally filed for divorced was -in coming story time- when she was telling me about how i deserve to find my prince or princess charming one day and that they need to treat me like a prince/princess. Being wonderfully aspergers, i blurted out in reply "Why are you with dad then? He doesnt treat you like a princess at all." She paused, looked at me, then walked away. Not even a week later she told me she was going to file for divorce. It took another two years to finally get divorced after that becuase my dad needed so many things in their paperwork and kept demanding to go back to court. More often than not, it was because he felt like he was paying too much child support for me - he was paying the very minimum for the state we live in, and he had his own company at the time. It was terrible

Not living with him made me like him more. I cant say i really see him as a father, but i do see him as a person now instead of a giant dickwad. Hes got a girlfriend who is kind of stupid but shes super nice so i dont mind visiting them once in a while. My mom on the other hand, has another dickwad as a boyfriend/fiance. He easily won her over by spending all 10k of his savings on her by their 6 month dating mark. Not only that, he loves to pick on the dogs, and me whenever they lived closer. My mom knows i dont like him very much, but thanks me for putting up with him. I only tolerate him because my mom thinks shes in love and i wont take away her blind happiness until he hurts her

/Rant over

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
.... you guys sometimes need to read the op instead of just the title.... but anyway

well for. I mean sort of a loaded question but yes I am for anyone who is a consenting adult to marry any consenting adult they wish to. I don't care if two guys marry. I don't disagree, I don't have a problem. it doesn't gross me out or anything. I don't want to understand what it is like to have a problem with homosexuality. it baffles me that people do. I have never heard a good reason or argument against gay marriage nor homosexuality in general. I would go as far as to say it would be immoral and UnAmerican to try to make legislation inhibiting to men or women or... anyone from doing s**t that isn't causing a direct and obvious harm to someone.

Exactly as detrimental as having any other parents. I mean out of all the things that parents can be, I think the thing that will least likely ******** them up is who the parent has sex with. What might be more of a factor in ******** up the kids would be all the constant ridicule they might get for being the children of homosexual parents but... well honestly that could happen to the children of muslim parents, black parents... in some areas even irish or jewish parents.

I went through my parents divorcing. they did it well with a clean break and stayed friends. I saw what happens to kids of parents who have a shitty break. I honestly don't know how it would be. I mean if I marry someone I honestly don't think I would be doing it anticipating that we would get separated.... even though I would get a prenup...

Again I was lucky. they just decided they didn't want to be with each other. I had some issues with one of my step parents... it's a long story. It's one of those things where you eventually realize that your parents aren't these omnipotent beings that understand and grasp the entirety of existence, but just regular people with much of the same problems as anyone else. Hopefully with more experience than you but sometimes they don't learn from their mistakes.... sometimes you figure out that your parents are stupid as hell.

I understand that not everyone is responsible enough to make their decisions without injecting personal feelings into the mix. no one can be perfect parents. She is projecting her personal experiences on to society, believing that those experiences reflect the world. No one's does. Some people get born into shitty situations or to shitty people. Some people don't. it's all a crap shoot.

People get defensive.... I mean what can you do? It's this defensive stance that a lot of people use to hide behind so they can feel like they're allowed to say whatever they want, do whatever they want. they call the bullshit of "muh rite of spech is ben impeed in" when no one is guaranteed the ability to do or say whatever. people are guaranteed that the government won't lock anyone up. that no one is allowed to assault you. not that no one is allowed to tell you to shut up, to counter protest, to yell and scream at you, to picket your church. And as far as the limits of that, it's already a precedent that there is something that can be defined as harmful speech. the famous "yelling fire in a crowded theater". what we do and say has consequences. you can't always be shielded from said consequences.

Mostly I just say s**t to people online or that I happen to be having a conversation with sometimes. sometimes I simply don't have the energy for it. Mostly I would just rather people steep in their own smell. I can just hold my god damned breath.

as I said already freedom of speech is what happens when the government can't incarcerate you for stating opinions that the government doesn't agree with, unless it is causing a real and direct harm, such as inciting riots and s**t like that. there's probably more too it than that but I am not a lawyer. I don't know the specifics.

that kind of s**t just gets me miffed. especially when people get all "oh you're hurting my religion, I can say whatever i want. you're oppressing my religion" that s**t gets me angry. I appreciate what said freedoms represent and I can't stand it when people try to twist them around because they're too chicken s**t to own up to their own words. that they don't want to take ownership and pretend like the rest of the world doesn't look at them like the dubmasses they are. Like no one is laughing at how cowardly and stupid they are. I don't buy that victim bullshit one tiny bit. I will shake my head an nod listening to that bullshit but if they want to hear my opinion all I have to say they are miles and miles of dumbass.

edit: bolded the questions because it was hard to read before

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Even if her mom married another man, her biological father would still be a deadbeat who wouldn't want anything to do with her.

Interesting Phantom

For, and I don't think it's detrimental because her father would have gone off anyway, because of the divorce. If someone really wants a father or mother figure, they don't have to be parents.
I don't know how bad it'd get, and I think it'd negatively affect my children.
My parents aren't together and when I was small it made me afraid of romance because I was afraid of getting into an unhealthy relationship, but now I'm not because I trust my partner.
No this woman's article doesn't make sense. She's the kid of divorced parents, and that's not related to her moms.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff