Welcome to Gaia! ::

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I can't see me using some of the poses on well a lot of user created items but I see other people use the really well.

I honestly kinda want 411 for the jacket poses smile

Adventuring Cat

A lot of them don't impress me all that much. Especially the very similar recolors. Some are ok though. I do like the green Reve Rouille.

That Brain stuff gives me a brain ache. But maybe that's the point of them. They're outrageous for the sake of being outrageous.

Salty Gawker

You were expecting the creative people to pay for an expensive as ******** ticket.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
B R A I N
i like .. if you meant my current new item
its the best ..but all my items are the best imho redface
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Oh...My...God...is that an army of...you? emotion_zombie

of the House of Demonic Dreams

thurz's Pardner

Indebted Egg

13,175 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Married 100
i think theyre all ******** garbage, such a waste of an item

Hellraiser

When these tickets were new thing and we didn't have many of them used yet, I kinda used to think, or hope, that I actually liked and wanted to own at least few items these tickets are gonna be used to create for.

You know, now that it's not Gaia creating designs they think make most money for them, maybe we would see ideas other than "edgy and sexy" and "frilly and cute".

Though I haven't been exited of any user created item, that doesn't mean they are bad or people who make them selfish. I'm still hella happy these express items exist, for so many reasons.

Obviously users who have made their items must like it and feel pretty happy and accomplished. I know it's not entirely unheard of that in multi-pose items people dedicate pose or two to their friends, which sounds like facking sweet thing to do. I still personally appreciate the diversity these items bring to the announcements, because it is still true that Gaia would not have made those items, and in their stead it would be another advertisement of their generic money maker item.

Moreover! Well, I'm sure that while You may not like some user created item, maybe you don't like any of them, you bet your a** there are people who do.

I prefer to magnify the positive effect of ticket items, and the joy they bring. And as bonus, bitching about them never fails to awaken this small question in my head: are they salty because their item quest isn't going so well, or has failed altogether.

Original ticket items are great! ...but on one I gotta agree: those halo/headphone/wing/headband recolors need to stop and burn.

Stellar Succubus

Im fine with folks expressing this opinion, after all, a lot of of us have no qualms about being vocal if we dont like something a gaia artist has made. Its still a human being behind those designs, whether they work for gaia or not. Criticism is natural for us, so long as were not being rude about the person.

Cant say it makes me want to cry, I appreciate weird items, just adds to the variety, though some of them are really quite unappealing to me. Then again, users creating items dont ~have~ to appeal to the whole of Gaia in the same way staff artists would. So I can cut them a whole lotta slack. If they love it, then thats what matters.

Gotta be honest, if I had a ticket, what everyone else thought of my design wouldnt factor as highly as if I loved it. But I guarantee you, many folks would want my item, because its generic, uses a popular theme and is pretty basic in terms of colour. So itd hold appeal in that right.

Demonic Lover

I'm like, so into being catty to those who remake/recolor the:

angelic halo, devil tail, alchemy wings, DJ headphones (yes I'm sure it's your favorite, if Gaia makes them tank I'm suuure you'll not stop wearing them /s) and any other '03/'04.

But new items?, that Gaia wouldn't have made by itself?, that's the whole point of tickets imo!, not beat Gaia to a recolor XD

Alien Egg

"i dont like this item you created with a ticket you worked hard for waah waaaahh"

if you like a user created item, great! if you dont, just shut up and move on with your life, its not like its going to affect you in any real way

Muscular Streaker

I don't see them as "GOD AWFUL", although both of them aren't really usable or even appealing for me.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

Eurydice Evyn

The only item I was willing to pay 350bil gold for. THE ONE AND ONLY.

If that doesn't say something about how much I cherish and adore this item I don't know what does.

I wouldn't say the only item, but.. yeah I love it xd

OcTrollBer-Mule's Partner

Wheezing Loiterer

Frankly,

this jacket is everything! I had to immediately get it when I saw it.
And then cried a little bit 'cause Joss Whedon is a b*****d who likes to break hearts.

Shirtless Bard

As long as the makers like them, it's fine in my opinion ^.^ If I made an item, I'm not sure everyone would like it either. It would be either based off my OC or a character I really like, so it'd be mostly meant for my enjoyment.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
I think it's pretty sh*tty how people bash user created items. I get it; you don't like the idea or the design or whatever. It's no different than Gaia releasing an item you don't care for. You say 'meh, it's not for me' and move on, right? So, why is it so different when you find out there's a user behind that item?

I guess I'm biased, but, whatever.

I will say, however: I have seen that a lot of the quality of the user items are usually much lower than the items that Gaia releases. If I had to guess, it has something to do with the artists. You tend to do a worse job when you're making something you don't really want to make. Either that, or they hand the lower quality artists to user designed items. *shrugs*

Edit: I wanted to add this for people that think users holding golden tickets aren't creative.

A lot of my creative ideas ended up being shot down or watered down by the end of the process. Just an example:

I remember wanting to create a bare arm mod as a hidden pose. I asked if it could be done via email on April 1, 2014. Then literally, like, three weeks later, they released the Bare Arms RIG. It made me feel a little weird, but I was like, whatever. And, even worse, my item ended up without the arm mod. Now, look where we are. Sooooo many bare mods. Gaia won't admit they got the idea from me, I'm sure, but I did find that veeeeeeery coincidental.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I think they're more hit or miss.

Obviously the Umbreon item was very popular with the masses, but I was disgusted by the blatant ripoff of the design. I liked the one Zelda/Link item, though it wasn't very popular. Some of them are a little bit selfish, like catering only to themselves and not to anyone else (the blue item that came out the other day....), but that one posed jacket item I felt bad for because you cant really make a good item with just one pose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff