Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitors

+1 1 100.0% [ 137 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 195 196 197 > >> >>> »|

Nimble Pants

UPDATE, October 2017:

NEW! -- An extra drawing for Valanseur's alternate outfit has been completed in a vaguely line-art fashion.
Artists who want to use this art in order to practice their coloring/shading are welcome to contact me.

Reference avatars for Valanseur have been added, revised,
and/or narrowed down to the best outfits I've been able to build thus far.
There are now also reference avatars available for Valanseur's Warlock patron,
the Archfey Lady Tesareva.

I've also added a reference avatar for
xHarleenxQuinzelx's succubus OC, Suedra, in her elven disguise.
She has a certain... association with Ielaen, and I'm hoping this might
inspire some artists on Harley's behalf, whether or not it results in couple art
(which would be amazing, but not at all expected. )

Hope this helps any interested artists!

Right then, hello to all you artists out there, and welcome to this little request thread. ^^

If anyone is seeking subjects to practice their drawing abilities, I would like to
offer up reference avatars of two OCs I'm currently running as characters in
Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition (and two associated NPCs)… in part because I'm interested in getting
some reference or representative art of them that's better quality than what I can produce. ^^;;;
I've made some attempts already, but my drawing ability can only go so far.

I'll try as best I can to offer tips where I think they're proper... and when possible,
because I tend to be extremely poor in terms of how much gold I usually have. ^^;

But I also like to think that this is as much of a chance for artists to practice as it is a request,
so what possibilities there might be when it comes to basic mediums and styles is
something I'm not terribly specific about.
Line-art, colored, traditional, digital, pixel... as long as there's a creative spark and
inspiration that appears in some way, it's all welcomed. ^^

Though if there are any questions about personality or some other detail,
I'd be happy to work with the artists and try to answer such questions
and work out possible specifics.
Likewise, while I don't think these avatars are terribly complicated in design,
I can also provide item lists if necessary.

Now, on to the references... which can be found in the following spoilered section:

~ Ielaen Rhystel ~

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Basic concept: a Half-Elf Bard with minimal training as a Fighter. While not helpless in melee combat, he's more apt to the roles of defense, healing, protecting others, ranged combat, and various kinds of spellcasting. Somewhat shy and reserved, but tries to be kind and compassionate with everyone, including so-called "monsters" and the like... though doesn't shrink away from standing up for those who are suffering in front of him.

Height: 5'7" Build: thin/slender-ish, slightly muscled

~Suedra~

User Image

Basic concept: a good-aligned Succubus (because yes, as far as I'm concerned, they *can* exist) who disguised herself as an elf in order to get to know and understand others without being judged by stereotypical demon behavior. Ielaen was one of the very few people she got to know, and who got to know her, without being afraid of her... and as a result, both wound up being a source of inspiration to the other.

Build: noticeably more curvaceous than what is the standard of elven physique, but not so much as to appear distinctly out-of-place among other elves.

~ Valanseur ~

(Note: the hairstyles shown are not exclusive to specific avatars,
and can be used in conjunction with any of the reference outfits. )

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Basic concept: Human (with some faint traces of elven ancestry), and a combination of Warlock and Monk, with an assortment of other classes' abilities thrown in. He's essentially a male version of Bayonetta (minus the firearms) in terms of personality and attitude, but has a personal code that he tends not to veer too far away from.

Height: 5'10" Build: wiry; built more for speed and agility than brute strength

~ Lady Tesareva ~

Basic concept: an Archfey who eschews the divisive politics of the Seelie and Unseelie courts in favor of working with the Faerunian deities Selune, Mystra, and Sune. A powerful wielder of both arcane and druidic magic, she is Valanseur's Warlock patron, partner, occasional muse (and sometimes guardian, when he gets in over his head.)

Her personality fluctuates between aloof, haughty, and flirtatious... but can become unsettling and dangerous when angered by seeing something she cares about (like Valanseur) being threatened ("Break him in *any* way... and I break *you* in *every* way," is one such utterance of hers.)

Height: variable, but tends to prefer heights between 5'11" and 6'7".
Build: somewhere between athletic and voluptuous; long-legged and long-handed.

For some additional references, here's a sketch for Ielaen and Valanseur, drawn by me to the best of my ability:
Ielaen
Valanseur
Alternate Valanseur
Alternate Valanseur, colored

If there are any questions or comments, or simply a wish to chat,
friends and strangers alike are welcome to stop by and converse. ^^
(And, since this is a D&D-related thread, talking about 5th Edition and Critical Role is highly encouraged. cool )

Finished pieces will be stowed away here (Thank you all so much! ^^) :

~ Art for Ielaen ~

~ Art for Suedra ~

~ Art for Valanseur ~

~ Art for Lady Tesareva ~

~Special art of Valanseur and Ielaen (drawn in the style of Naoko Takeuchi), drawn by MoonDustPower~

And lastly, I thank you all for your time and your consideration. ^^
Good Luck~

Nimble Pants

Midnight Juniper
Good Luck~

Thank you, Juni. ^^

I actually tried drawing Ielaen last night... and while I suppose I could do some decent monochrome work if I had enough time to make several attempts, I realized just how rusty at drawing I really am. xD

Nimble Pants

Nimble Pants

Nimble Pants

Nimble Pants

Nimble Pants

yum_tea

All right, that's enough nudging for today. I have places to be tomorrow, so I'd better start getting ready for that. ^^;

Tekusen's Waifu

Supreme Sex Symbol

13,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Hellraiser 500
good luck~!

Sparkly Star

30,425 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
Elliot_Rhymeless

User Image

Dangerous Lover

<.<

>.>

Oooooo nice sketch!

Nimble Pants

Belladonna the Demon
good luck~!

Thank you very much, Lady Belladonna (and a preemptive "Happy Birthday" to you as well. ^^) emotion_hug

RoyalSquishy

User Image

:: blinks :: ... eek

...Wow. That is just... wow. There are some extremely nice people in Art Freebies. ^^

Thank you so much, RoyalSquishy! I absolutely love it!! emotion_kirakira

Lavelle Esculentus
<.<

>.>

Oooooo nice sketch!

No kidding! I'm amazed! ^^;;

Dangerous Lover

Elliot_Rhymeless

I bet! I would be too were our positions reversed.

Nimble Pants

Lavelle Esculentus
Elliot_Rhymeless

I bet! I would be too were our positions reversed.

...I'm really trying not to make a saucy comment here, but I know what you mean. ^^;;;; xDDD

Nimble Pants

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces