Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome ladies and gents!

Quote:
Items
Since President's Day is over, and we celebrated it with out good ol' Prez, I was wondering if the human version of the Diedrich halo will ever be released? It was leaked, back in Sept. (Sept 29, 14, for an EI recolor Rig, to be exact.)

We have plans for that halo! (:

Quote:
Items

I've got a few questions, bear with me. xD

Why is it exactly that the one-three pose tickets exclude companion items? I mean, I'd be willing to quest for one if I could finally make a Russell Ace companion. Or in the case of the three pose ticket, a three pose Russell Ace reference item, including the companion.

Companion items take significantly more time to complete and run into many complexities that aren't apparent at first glance. Because we want to make sure that the requested items are able to be completed in a timely fashion (we're trying our best!) we decided to exclude companion items for any golden ticket. However, we have discussed the concept of a companion-only ticket that would allow you to create a companion, which may be something we'll approach in the future.

Quote:
Art
Any chances for new wallpapers from the last gaia event? I haven't seen new arts for us to save

We'll update the downloads page shortly with some new artwork from Bitter Slumber, our xmas 2k14, and the Without a Doubt band poster featuring our very own Rina. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Features
First of all, I wanted to thank you for you, Gaia staff, for finally implementing the marriage system! My question, though, is about something you posted with the marriage system. "This feature does not support polygamous relationships at this time."
Question: Does this mean that there are actually plans to support polygamous relationships; or just being able to marry your close friends just for fun?

Yes, we have plans to expand the marriage system, including other relationship categories and a potential for multiple relationships. It will take more time from a coding standpoint, that is what was meant by the comment.

Quote:
Games
Could we please get some new artwork to choose from in Jigsaw?
The artwork that's there now (old gaia pieces, as well as user submitted art) has been there for ages without getting replaced, and it would be nice to see something new. Maybe art from the CI, RIGs etc. or a new contest for users to submit art?

Sure! We're looking into updating Jigsaw's payout and replacing the art. This feature probably won't have an update until after April, but its something we would like to do.

Quote:
What's going on with the TekTek situation?

First, we'll start off my re-iterating our Staff Notice from earlier:

Quote:
We wanted to take a moment to provide some transparency in our recent letter sent to TekTek, what it means for the site, and why we sent it. As you may know, we are currently contacting TekTek over its usage of our intellectual property (IP). Let's outline the basic reasons: for a very long time, TekTek has benefited from the traffic generated by users travelling to their site from Gaia Online, and users have been able to utilize TekTek to craft dream Gaia Online avatars. In fact, many users aren’t even aware that it is an entirely separate site from Gaia, and one we have no input on. In general, there has been a healthy relationship between TekTek and Gaia Online as we have allowed this. Many, many months ago, TekTek launched a competitor site that directly began featuring ads on services carrying our intellectual property. As a business practice, this is not okay and we would like to resolve the matter with TekTek in a way that allows their site to remain up, and our property to stay protected. We are waiting for them to reply to our initial letter, taking the site down is our final resort if we are unable to come to a mutually beneficial decision.

We would like to thank Gaians for their understanding as we continue to work through this. We will update you all when we have a resolution to this.

That being said, we are still waiting to hear back from TekTek about reaching a compromise that is mutual beneficial. This would mean finding a way to keep the site up and accessible for users. We understand that there are users that find features of TekTek, such as the dream avatar creator and account worth calculator, very valuable and useful. As a result, should the worst come to worst and the site get shut down, then we will start exploring the possibilities of creating these features for Gaia Online. Should this happen, we will not be able to deliver an exact replica of them, however, their function will be comparable.
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question multiple times on the same day may result in the additional posts being deleted or in your loss of being able to post to the thread. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    There are a few reasons why a question might not be answered. Here are some of the most common reasons why that happens:

There are questions that are asked that have been asked and answered previously and the answer given there hasn't changed, therefore we don't answer that.

There are questions that we simply do not have an answer to at the moment.

There are questions asked in a format other than the one that we recommend you post in.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.

7. Item suggestions and requests.
    Questions specifically asking for item requests will be tipped to let you know they've been seen! They may not be responded to individually in the interest of getting to other questions. You may also post your item request and suggestions in the Item Request Thread in Site Feedback!
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • Events
  • Manga

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,425 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
Items/Features
One of the things I noticed was the new little "Pay for another chance" thing on the Monthly CI.
However... When you spend it on there it doesn't count for the tiers.
Can you fix this or was that intentional also why can't that be a gold option instead?
Features/Games

Hello, Gaia Staff!

A few weeks back, Bluealaris said she would put GoFusion Charms in Booty Grab fish drops. I was just wondering if this has been implemented yet and what fish drops contain the GoFusion Charms? I opened up a few Witch Doctor fish drops after Bluealaris' answer and I did not get any GoFushion Charms out of them.

Thank you!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Items
Hi, staff! In honor of LabTech Week, I have to ask: will you ever release a LabTech Hat? The ElfTech Hat comes close, but that curlicue thing has to go!

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Features/Guilds

In the past people have requested updates to guilds. I understand from previous answers this is not a current project, however I would like to link you to this thread which has a lot of good ideas for updates to be made to the guilds system.
It also links in one post to a bunch of other peoples threads about updates to guilds too.

Just thought it would be a good idea to show you the ideas people are after for the guilds, so if guilds do ever (hopefully) get updated you know what we're after <3

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Shops
LV, the cash shop, needs updated filters.
At the moment the ones we have, to put it plainly, suck.
I would suggest removing the current filters we have and changing them to the following:
Feature (which would have the latest updates)
All (everything)
Bundles
Recolours
LQI
and Chance.

We don't need any others. like 'fun' or 'birthdays' as those arent even used.
These 6 filters will hold everything that gets released, as those are usually the only kind of items that we get in LV anyway.
It would make it waaay easier to find the stuff we're after.

And if you really loved us, you would add a search bar that you can type in!

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
marketplace

What is the status on fixing the price in the market place listings and wish list on mp? And the graphs?

Posting from phone

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Features
Hi, staff! I often buy things off the MP and then forget to take them off my wishlist. Could you add a feature that asks you if you want to remove a wishlisted item off your wishlist when you buy it in the MP?

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Features

I would like to request a change so that we see peoples Avatars when gifting and sending a PM.
We already have them with Trades and this is very handy.
Sometimes I am copying a username, spelling from memory or going off information from another user.
Being able to see the Avatar of the person before I send them anything would be a great way to add that extra bit of confirmation. (in my mind)

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Features

Is there any way we can get a Marriage Forum? I think it would be a great idea because Gaians could announce their marriages in it in threads and possibly even hold parties, contests, and people could give gifts to the couples in their threads because of their marriage. It could be a big party forum! Maybe there could be another forum within the marriage forum to look for a marriage partner as well? I think these two forums would be awesome to have!

Thank you!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Forums
The GCD has an awful lot of stickies. Maybe it's time to take down the ones that regard the President's Day event? As much as I love that mystery, it's been over and done with for a while!

Alien Bookworm

Items
      Yes, I'm back to wreak havoc with the same totally insane, long-winded question. You're probably not even surprised anymore. I'd ask if you have this post memorized, but I know it's only one question per post and I'm not that curious. (Attempting for the seventeenth consecutive week! I will also be hitting below the emotional belt towards the end, as usual. Fair warning.) Sorry! It's only because I care about the community and love the site. (That means I love you, too, even it doesn't seem like it.)

In response to my question at the ATS on 10/27/14 (Why can’t you remove gold generators?), you said that the major reason for not removing them was that gold generators are popular (read: people like them!) and that they help to fund your site. I have no quarrel with the second portion of this argument. I like this site and I would like for it to be here for many years to come.

I do, however, have to heartily disagree with the idea that people like gold generators. As I mentioned previously, the current statistic is that 90-92% of those polled (by Gaians) hate gold generators. (Many of these polls are linked here but I'm sure there are more recent ones that can be found quite easily.) That means that only 8-10% of your population likes them. There are multiple petitions begging for the removal of gold generators, here (2,600+ votes*) and here (1,760+ votes*) to list two of the larger ones. There are even two that I've seen asking for Gaia itself to be deleted or reset entirely. (I believe these threads were deleted.) In the past, there was also a poll here with people predicting Gaia’s imminent downfall (82.4% believe the outcome is either grim or destined for failure). Likewise, many users have vowed not to purchase GC until things change (though the OP isn’t editing her first post to reflect the numbers, there are ~174 pages of signatures). And, honestly, you can't go more than a day in the Gaia Community Discussion without seeing a post that essentially says "Hey, I've just returned from hiatus. What's going on with this ridiculous inflation?"

If you get a moment, please also check out the results of this related survey. Many of the comments reflect that we want gold generators to stop. (Other common points include hope for a greater focus on the community, less emphasis on the cash shop, and honest, more transparent communication with the user-base.) There was also recently a poll here in Site Feedback rating trust and our willingness to spend money on this website. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest, 88% rate you as being untrustworthy to some degree (adding up 1, 2, 3, and 4).

So I don’t buy the premise that “people like them.” It could well be that people are buying them because they feel they have no other choice. Not everyone understands vending and not everyone has the patience for fishing. And, let’s face it: the output from the other games is worthless nowadays. (With the sole exception being Booty Grab.) Gold generators are pretty much the only way that some people have to get the items that they want on this site (if they want to pay with gold) and that’s not right, considering that they’re what wrecked the economy in the first place.

The actual question is this: Have you considered having a neutral third party conduct a survey requesting feedback on gold generators and feelings about the state of the site in general or hosting a poll of your own (without any cop-out neutral answers) and then sharing the results of that survey with us?

Your sales might reflect that these items are popular- but that might be for the reason I mentioned above. Or, worse, it could be because the item descriptions in the cash shop are vague and some people don’t know what they’re buying until after they open the item. It could be because they are usually on sale or have some sort of increased chance at the bonus prize. There are tons of conspiracy theories out there- I won't list them all. (I've wasted enough of your time.) Hosting a poll and having solid proof that you’re willing to share with the community could not only help to weaken one side’s argument (I don’t even care if it’s my side), it could also show the community that you care about our opinions and are genuinely willing to listen to us about matters other than recolors… something that some of us feel isn’t present at this particular moment. (If you frequent Site Feedback, that is, or if you take a look at that off-site poll.)

I understand that you're going to continue to sell these things regardless of whether or not we like them -- what I'm begging for here is for you to give us some sort of table-scrap, some little tidbit, to show us that you've heard and considered our feedback on this important matter. I do sincerely apologize if this comes across poorly but, as I said, I care about us, about this community, and this is one of those issues that a good many of us are deeply concerned about. We want to be heard, listened to. We want to know that you care about us. Your lack of response, of acknowledgement regarding this glaring issue, hurts everyone who wants to know that we still matter to you as more than a dollar sign.

Thanks in advance for any answer!

*Note that these signatures are not regularly counted and so I cannot account for the accuracy of these numbers, although I do check frequently.

Note #2: I did notice that you haven’t sold any pure gold generators recently and I am grateful for this… but I ultimately decided to post the question again, as there hasn’t yet been a clear statement to the effect that they will not ever be sold in any form again.

Intellectual Humorist

Items/Features

Is removing the EI a few days before the evolution going to become a regular thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff