Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Anubutt

So all the chaos I'm seeing about Tektek being gone is a bit ridiculous. Tektek the website may be going down, but that doesn't mean we can't build dream avi's on Gaia. Under "Avatar", there is a "Search All Gaia" option when looking for items. Use that. It's so helpful to me. It may not be a full Tektek thing, but maybe someone should put in a word to the Gaia team to add some features!

Create a Dream Avi option or something. Maybe even organize the "Search All Avi" option so people can see what they can actually afford, and also establish a better tagging system that is exact on what items are a certain "color" or from a certain "RIG" or type like "Monthly Collectible".

I know it may be confusing with what all I just said, but someone get to asking Gaia about this. :/
Okay, I'm done.

Perfect Saint

There is no doubt that this feature has been broached several times as a potential alternative to the dream avatar creator of Tektek. I'm sure the admins know about it, but I am not sure what they intend to do about it. There will be an AtS tomorrow and this matter will definitely be brought up.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
its crap tho
lol

Celestial Shapeshifter

It's a pale comparison to the versatility of Tektek unfortunately. If they reworked it and expanded on it to be as versatile then it wouldn't be that bad. That's just how I feel about it.

V a r u s k u n's Princess

Sexy Kitten

Lulu Used Speak!

♥I'd really like that, and it would probably not end up in another site shut down.

It was very effective!

Hardened Humorist

I have hopes that the devs/programmers have something in the works.
Planning alongside shutting down tektek.
It would be ideal. Hoping they have strategy. X'D Tact...
I know they're do'n what they gotta. I support that. I wish they'd work on the site as efficiently as they push product.

There would be no use for tektek if they did so. And it would appease the majority.
Ppl buy your items, spend time here, upgrade and release features related to them too!

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
BigJuicySushi
I have hopes that the devs/programmers have something in the works.
Planning alongside shutting down tektek.
It would be ideal. Hoping they have strategy. X'D Tact...
I know they're do'n what they gotta. I support that. I wish they'd work on the site as efficiently as they push product.

There would be no use for tektek if they did so. And it would appease the majority.
Ppl buy your items, spend time here, upgrade and release features related to them too!

There has not been enough Devs to do much of anything for years now. They laid off some Artists a couple of weeks ago. The other site I frequent just laid off most of their staff.

Unstoppable Krampus

The only problem is, that feature is an inadequate piece of junk that's majorly inconvenient to use.

User Image
My biggest issue with the search all feature is, even though your previewing poses you don't own anyway, you still can't equip more than one pose per item.

As for a decent tagging system for searching, I think the only way Gaia's going to get a half decent list of tags working is if they start crowd-sourcing it to the users.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
right because the tag system isn't broken, and i can't see more then 600 items at a time.

good luck for me to sort out between and paw and hoomin item, let alone find the specific color, pose, item(shoe, hat, hair, etc.).

it's useless.

i have a hard enough time going through the items i own, and remember what has what for poses! mad

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
aj OwO
right because the tag system isn't broken, and i can't see more then 600 items at a time.

good luck for me to sort out between and paw and hoomin item, let alone find the specific color, pose, item(shoe, hat, hair, etc.).

it's useless.

i have a hard enough time going through the items i own, and remember what has what for poses! mad

Search in the dress-up helps a bit with that if you use the right keywords such as hair or wig or.. whatever. I even use it to get it to track down a particular color. What is more frustrating to me is that when I am trying to find something... and I dont have it because it does not exist yet.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Well, the only problem I do have about that option is the limited locker space, when you intend to post dream avatars for yourself or others... when the locker's full, it's full. Deleting older outfits means, they'll be gone in your earlier post as well.
Sure, you could do/use Mules, but to switch around from one locker to the next is rather complicated and/or annoying.

It is an alternative option for now, but it's not satisfiying on the long run for these that did Dream Avatar services and these things. I don't count to these people and I myself don't care all too much about this entire thing (except I'd welcome unlimited or at least more room in my locker 8D), but I know how it is, for I did Dream Avatars for others in the past.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
aj OwO

it's useless.

You find a good portion of paw items under the 'pawstamp' tag
at least worked for me a few times to sort out paw items from human base items

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Lord Elwrind
aj OwO

it's useless.

Search in the dress-up helps a bit with that if you use the right keywords such as hair or wig or.. whatever. I even use it to get it to track down a particular color. What is more frustrating to me is that when I am trying to find something... and I dont have it because it does not exist yet.

ok, that's all well and good, but i want a paw "light blue wig". typing that in won't give me the hair i am currently wearing. in fact the whole list that gives me only brings up 2 paw items, and only 1 of those has hair that matches my search tag. *yes i already own this hair, but if i didn't i would have a very hard time finding it with the current dressing room set up.

so can you tell me how to get paw items in my search results?
paw items in the color pose and item (wig, pants, etc.) that i want.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Arthuhr
aj OwO

it's useless.

You find a good portion of paw items under the 'pawstamp' tag
at least worked for me a few times to sort out paw items from human base items

i do type pawstamp in.

that works fine, if i'm not looking for something specific.
also it only lists 600 items, many of which i already own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff