Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Toy

11,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Well, what I mean is: With the new easy way to get like over a million in gold in less than two weeks, is anyone on Gaia actually "poor" and in need of donations or gifting anymore?

About a year ago, when I was active on another account, I used to gift every event and holiday.
I do remember some users being really rude about 'cheaper' items being gifted and not letters or CIs or EIs....they were really greedy back then. But gifting users with nice items that they couldn't afford was a big deal back then.

Discuss
SPORKS:
Do you gift anyone anymore?
Is anyone on Gaia actually "lower middle class" with this new over-golding system?
What is your opinion of gifting?

Friendly Sailor

Yeah, i remember how some people would make a huge scene tho.

Some people would make a subtle thread like, 'OMG! I JUST GOT GIFTED THIS (expensive item here)!!!" Then try to pass it off as a discussion by having spoonfeeds like 'so, have you ever been gifted before" "have you ever gift anyone?" and etc.
It always leave a bad taste in my mouth every time I see a thread like those pop up.
Just yesterday, I gave away few things but they weren't crazy expensive but everyone who received them was very super appreciative so it did leave a nice warm feeling in my heart. heart

Eloquent Lunatic

57,125 Points
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Bunstroyer 100
I haven't been very active, (Gaia's economy kind of depresses me.) But I love gifting Annon at events, it makes it that much better because no one knows it's me!! smile

Is anyone on Gaia actually "lower middle class" with this new over-golding system?
Most certainly, it seems like I can get so much gold, but I never have enough to get the items I really want.

Giving someone something with out them asking. (Not being shitty or passive aggressive and giving them a 2 coin item because they're stupid or something. I just skip them lol)

Edit: I'm guessing the gifts came from here. I am very thankful to the generosity that has been bestowed upon me by the Annons. I seriously can't thank you guys enough!
I think those threads end up in the CB anyway.

Fairies may be extinct.

Or bankrupt.

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
I'd say so! I've been in the CB more because I like anon'ing people all over because tons of people have helped me get back on my feet here. In GCD people are very nice and generous as well, but any threads about it would probably be moved to be the CB because the rules here are more strict than over there. If anyone did gift someone here, they'd probably PM them thanks rather than making it public.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I give random gifts frequently. <3 Usually for a post that's ridiculously great. xd

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I am always super-grateful to people (anon or otherwise) who gift me things or gold, because I am eternally a broke-a**; I don't spend enough time on Gaia anymore to rack up gold surfing or playing games, and I don't buy GC or vend CS items - I'm a broke-a** in real life, too, so I can't afford to buy GC anymore.

When I came back from my hiatus, I had less than 1 mil in my account; I now have just a tad over 1 bil, thanks to some very generous Gaians and selling a couple items I never used anymore. I still plan to gift when I can afford to (and I tip fairly frequently, too), and I will always appreciate gifts sent my way. heart

Timely Advisor

The "cool stuff" is still out of reach for a lot of people.
Hell, just getting something worth 10b is probably crazy for some!
(for me it is, at least)

I like to think that the random gifters moved to the dumpster diving area. :3

Wheezing Plague

Oh it happens. A lot of times people put it in their sigs, since you can't ever be sure about where you've been gifted from. Plus, if you write a thank you post in the GCD it'll be moved to the CB (since it's not a topic appropriate for the GCD).

It also happens a lot in "RANDOM GIFT GIVING THREAD" or "VALENTINES GIFT GIVING THREAD". People gift things to the left and right.

In the Paw forum you can see thank you posts. This is because the Paw community is relatively small, and the Paw forum ranges from a lot of topics including questing topics.

Another thing that has changed gifting is the "Dumpster Dive". I myself have started using this more frequently, rather than hunting down each and every person I want to gift stuff to (I'm a giant packrat and I always try to give things that people have in their wishlists.. It can be quite tiring xp
Anyway.. What I want to say is; Dumpster Diving has a very high limit on what you can dump now, so items in the billions can end up there.

High-functioning Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Do you gift anyone anymore?

Oh yes, but its done completely anonymously. I'd rather people not know who it is; its nice just to receive gifts simply for the sake of getting gifts...ya know?

I suppose it depends upon your definition of the term. Some people are item rice, but gold poor; some people have a ton of gold, but aren't doing much with it. Then there are other who only have millions of gold when the average "desirable" item is in the billions. I'd like to wager a bet that there are more Gaians out there who possess less than one billion gold than those who possess over a billion.

It should be done: everyday. I have items that I never use that are on other user wish lists...why shouldn't I give them something that they're wanting? I like the idea of hidden economies and giving folks things just for the sake of giving.

Hygienic Toy

11,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Awesome, you guys.
I agree that there are some items I am wanting that I can't see ever affording, too.
I guess I can't really define "poor'' on this site anymore with out having a good perspective of it and doing the numbers...
I had lost all gifting hopes (Former GCD Fairy) and now I will keep gifting because hey, its fun and if you don't like your gift, you can sell it!

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
There is still plenty gifting going on, it's just different than the day of the "fairies" but not worse. =P

Cygnus Fangirl

目をキラキラさせて 僕に語った君の将来図は

i always assumed people either stopped because of the hyperinflation, or it still happened but people gifted stuff as jokes, like those fairies around christmas who would gift nothing but coal and tell you you'd been naughty. at least i think that's what they did? my memory is sort of hazy.

either way, i just haven't seen any giant giftocalypses in a while.

ただ聞いてるだけで 胸が熱くなり 泣きそうになった

Tipsy Batgurl

21,390 Points
  • The Dork Knight 500
  • The Dark Side Awakens 500
  • In Squad We Trust 500
I used to!
But I recently felt bad for someone who missed the first Umbreon item and bought them one from the MP and gave it to them. Ever since I've had only around 1-20 bil at all times. RIP my gold.
TBH, I like gifting, I like doing things for friends/strangers. People deserve to feel thought about.

Angelic Nitemare

I made it rain wings in the GCD last night.

That was loads of fun. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces