Not a Bear's Husband

Golden Rogue

18,490 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
dissweetsugar
SimonEimon
Actually it's fun working up from nothing to a respectable amount of gold. Be sure to hit all the daily chance carts every day. You can usually pick up a couple million plus maybe a charm or some ink that will sell fairly well. Then do a few minigames to try and get some game items -- Tiles give a good number of tickets, and fish from the fishing game can fetch nice prices also. And of course you can still pick up bugs and flowers in Towns. After you get a little bit of gold built up, then you can start raising your prices and dealing in larger quantities. Good luck.

yeah, I can see they've got some new games, I'll check those out. Why's zOMG down?

Technical reasons that they couldn't fix. Apparently they would have had to rebuild the game from scratch in order to close a supposed security issue. It's sad. zOMG was what got me into Gaia.
Encolla
breath. girl. breath

I wish I could like this post

Adorable Mystic

13,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dissweetsugar
Othello-chan
Yeah
I get like 1m in daily chance

my lifesavings, lol
but theres some nice people tho
All items i am wearing were from donators. Lel
FLESHkun
Don't worry, the amount of gold you get for doing stuff (posting, daily chance, etc.) has pretty much risen accordingly. o: sort of. Just be active and I think you can catch up in no time~

Yeah it has risen loads, I figured I could get a decent amount just by posting alone
nyanpaia
♡ もっともっと血がほしい けっこうけっこういい血をくれ ♡

no, stand up and invest properly
this 4b will turn into many billions in due time
User Image

♡ うまい血を探し出せ どこそこどこここ ♡

dissweetsugar
I'll just take a couple seats then.

lol I was trying to make a joke, but seriously than you so much!!

Om Nom the Cat's Husband

Dangerous Gekko

dissweetsugar
FLESHkun
Don't worry, the amount of gold you get for doing stuff (posting, daily chance, etc.) has pretty much risen accordingly. o: sort of. Just be active and I think you can catch up in no time~

Yeah it has risen loads, I figured I could get a decent amount just by posting alone

Yes. c: Good luck!
PookySocks
dissweetsugar
PookySocks
dissweetsugar
Queefinator 4000
having to have 100b to buy a couple of decent items is just downright ignorant to say. there are still many many cute cheap items. Granted, not many for 1m, but still.

From what I've seen from the exchange, It's not really that ignorant.

The Exchange has always been a place to auction higher-end items to get better notice and/or to avoid the MP tax. Like 99% of item purchases of user to user are done in the MP though.

Well things may have changed since 2010, but I can assure you that was't always the case. Yes you can could find all the higher end items there but you could also find pretty much every other item on gaia in the exchange for a reasonable price.

Not really. You can find store items there back then since they were a larger part of the economy back then, but the Wanted section has also existed for a long time for good reason.

And I disagree with another user who claimed one needs to buy from the cash shop to be wealthy. People do sell art, they play Fishing, they collect trash/bugs from Towns, etc.

Of course there's also vending/investing. Recently, a user asked me to demonstrate how to vend with a modest amount of 2 bil. I spent it buying up an item for 200 mil each and just reselling for 500 mil each afterwards due to the item's demand vs its supply. You can then proceed to use that additional gold to continue buying more investments and then repeating the process (I personally have stocked up on a lot of the Dragonslayer items and will soon enjoy selling them off for 10-40+ bil more than I bought them for each). In an economy with such rates of inflation, DO NOT hold onto gold, as the amount of buying power will decrease over time.

Yeah I was never much of a vender but I think I might actually give it a go properly. I just need to find items worth buying though, whats in demand etc. Gaia Cash isn't really an option for me since I'm still a student and I don't live in america (can you get it here in the UK).

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
The Saiyans crash landed into Earth where Vegeta and Nappa made the market place values multiplied by over 9000! Will Gaia ever be the same? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!
Othello-chan
dissweetsugar
Othello-chan
Yeah

my lifesavings, lol

That's actually really sweet!! I remember when getting 10k from a charity was a lot and it baffles me that people are so willing to give away 4 bill to a random stranger, like, prices have risen and apparently so has generosity!!

Peculiar Pal

The same happened to me... But I managed to pick myself up okay. I know the inflation seems pretty shitty now, but I think it has brought along with it a lot more ways to gain gold.

You've just gotta make the most of it because it's only going downhill from here on out... :/ Better to be an opportunist in this crisis than somebody stuck on how the old Gaia used to be.

Nobodies happy about it really but after a while we all stopped wallowing and started again. You'll find a lot of people sympathize and will help you pick yourself up off your feet if you're willing to try.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

dissweetsugar

Yeah I was never much of a vender but I think I might actually give it a go properly. I just need to find items worth buying though, whats in demand etc. Gaia Cash isn't really an option for me since I'm still a student and I don't live in america (can you get it here in the UK).

The key is research. Spend time watching the market and getting to know the usual trends for the many different types of items.

Yes, you can buy GC in the UK. razz

DJ Twissta
The Saiyans crash landed into Earth where Vegeta and Nappa made the market place values multiplied by over 9000! Will Gaia ever be the same? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Well Goku had better defeat those two quickly!

Adorable Mystic

13,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dissweetsugar
Othello-chan
dissweetsugar
Othello-chan
Yeah

my lifesavings, lol

That's actually really sweet!! I remember when getting 10k from a charity was a lot and it baffles me that people are so willing to give away 4 bill to a random stranger, like, prices have risen and apparently so has generosity!!
yeah
4b isnt much these days
Past Pavonis
The same happened to me... But I managed to pick myself up okay. I know the inflation seems pretty shitty now, but I think it has brought along with it a lot more ways to gain gold.

You've just gotta make the most of it because it's only going downhill from here on out... :/ Better to be an opportunist in this crisis than somebody stuck on how the old Gaia used to be.

Nobodies happy about it really but after a while we all stopped wallowing and started again. You'll find a lot of people sympathize and will help you pick yourself up off your feet if you're willing to try.

Yeah thank you for the motivation!! I'm just in shock at how drastic the changes seem to be, but I'll get used to it I know. But a lot has happened in 5 years that I'm learning about, especially zOMG disappearing and Lanzer gone. It's not even just about the stupid prices but like so many integral features of gaia are different now. This is just my adjustment period, I'll get over it tomorrow i promise! whee

King Shapeshifter

I turned 100M that I acquired with cash into over a trillion, you can do it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff