Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

User Image
July 11th-19th
July 25th-August 2nd

Welcome to the planning thread for Gaia's first (annual?) Character Convention, hereby referred to as NPCon. It's a celebration of all things NPC, be they be from the manga, shops, events, items, promotions, or games. We welcome one and all and plan to roll this event out modelled after an actual anime convention. Come lend us a hand setting up, we welcome art, ideas, panelists, and more! Come see what role you can play in NPCon 2015!

Index
-Introduction and news (You are here)
-F.A.Q.
-Panel/Exhibition Topics and Staff Lists
-Sample Panel and Resource List
-Links

User Image

Artist Alley will consist of two components.
-Artists willing to donate their time and efforts to draw freebies of NPCs and congoers for the event
-Like a real AA, there will be fanmade 'merchandise' of NPCs for you to take home. Some samples from the wonderful [ Kate Lionheart ]:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

The meat of the event. I'd like to get other users to craft a 'panel' based on certain characters or groups of characters. These volunteers will be tasked with setting up a panel like a real convention would. Probably something along the lines of a brief introduction of their character(s), their history/current status, and then some related materials including some points of discussion to get people talking about your topic. You're also encouraged to run a game or contest related to your characters. I'll be happy to help with this part if you'd like, and I'm planning to fundraise to cover any prize costs. Fanart/fic contest or something related to your NPC(s)? If it was a thread about the Bifrost maybe a design your own alchemy recipe contest, or if it was about Nicolae or Gold Mountain, maybe something related to gambling, and a thread about Rina could involve recipes or new flower arrangements. These are just random suggestions, feel free to come up with your own plans!

My next step is reaching out to some folks that I know are huge fans as well as fanthreads/guilds themselves. I'd also be willing to accept panels about more general topics, like you'd find at a real convention. Shipping panel? zOMG panel? Gonline panel? If you have something in mind, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sample Panel Here

User Image

Feel like running a 'how to' on something? How to run a fanthread or guild, how to draw ___ NPC, a writing workshop, or something else entirely? Pitch an idea, we'd love to see folks helping others get creative! The two workshops we have so far are
-How to Make Do With the Small Amount of Info Gaia Gave for a Certain Character
-How to Organize an NPC Fanthread

User Image

Many of the panels and exhibitors will be running games and contests related to their characters, but we are also running some for the event overall. If a panellist is running an art/writing contest related to their characters, your entries will count towards both so long as you remember to enter them both places!

So maybe you can double your odds. Panellists, here's a chance to tempt people to do more of the characters you love, win-win!

I'd really like to give participation prizes based on who/what you are drawing/writing, like a little SDplus doll of one of the characters or something. Before I get 500 odes to Ladyhands, I'm not that rich so these will be small cheap participations prizes, with nicer rewards for grand prize winners.

So far we have these planned:

Art:
Committed
-A general fanart contest with a number of different prizes. Categories coming soon
-Back in the Day... [Art Contest]
Draw a character in their younger days (and keep it as canon as possible...) (I'll try to conduce my workshop first so I can help you guys with keeping things as canon as possible) -AnneLaurant
-Design the ConBadge for next year
We've had a number of beautiful designs submitted for this year, but what about next year? Design us next year's badge and win a prize!

Ideas
-NPCs at cons?

Writing
-General Writing competition.
Different categories for poems, fics, ditties, and whatnot.

Games
-Lunch for Rufus
Our resident mascot is busy entertaining fans but he's getting pretty peckish. Do him a favour and cast your line (Dice roll or RNG to be determined) to see if you caught anything then (roll or RNG) again to see what type of fish you got and what Rufus will give you as thanks.

Others
-"Gold Shop Keepers Association" (tentative title)
Your gold shop keepers are sorta having problems since the manufacturers are directing most of their goods to La Victoire. Help the shop keepers out by suggesting other ways of earning their living! (e.g. "Vanessa, your stylin's awesome; why don't you work for Gaia's celebs?" ) -AnneLaurant

Panel Contests:
- ⚓⎈This Ship Sails Itself⎈⚓ (Sheshira/Surl E. Dean Panel)
Surl E. Dean finally noticed Mr. S. Chompy! So now it's up to you to create the perfect date for the two. Feel free to write (up to 2000 words), draw, write a short comic.
- •ᴥ• The Dean's Pet •ᴥ• (Sheshira/Surl E. Dean Panel)
It's up to you to advise the Dean on the adoption process and choosing his familiar. Feel free to write (up to 2000 words), draw, write a short comic anything to have the "Dean" choose your idea.
-⚀⚀The Dean's Favorite Past-Time⚂⚂ (Sheshira/Surl E. Dean Panel)
Use 20 twenty-dice to generate a number (20 to 400). If that total matches a number I've used, you win that prize!
-♚Grand Prize♚ (Sheshira/Surl E. Dean Panel)
The winners of the other three Surl E. Dean contests will be entered into a raffle for two lovely grand prize bundles!
-Design Leon's New Armour (Gentlemanly Swindler/Leon Panel)
-Leon's Workout (Gentlemanly Swindler/Leon Panel)
-Comic Contest (Ridley Starsmore)

User Image

The cosplay contest section of the thread. This is going to be a little tricky because there are a lot of NPCs where you can dress almost exactly like the character in question due to items made based on them. I feel like there should be a number of different prizes in place.
-Best overall
-Best using only cosplay items
-Best using no cosplay items
-Best male
-Best female
-Best rule 63
-Best RIG NPC
-Best store NPC
-Best comic NPC
-Best fur
-Most creative
-Best original (but still related to an NPC group, like a new Gold Mountain employee, Kuro Gang member, etc.)
-Best alternative outfit NPC
-Best gijinka (animal/PAW NPC to human, ) and... whatever the opposite of that is. Reverse gijinka?
It would also be nice to give out some prizes to crowd favourites, we'll have to think of a good way to take votes.

Dance/Concert/Flash Spaces
Something special for the flash space fans. Over the course of the event we can plan certain times to dress up and have a party in one of Gaia's flash areas. If someone is feeling really ambitious maybe we can try to poke Without a Doubt members, otherwise we'll just have to set up our own gig. I play a mean theremin.

Plans:
-Cat Cafe (Our mascot is a fuzzy feline after all)
-The D-Party will be hosting a rave in Hassli's house
-Something with Flint Jakobs, member of Without a Doubt

Special Guests
Can we get an actual NPC to show up? Probably pretty doubtful. It'd be great to get a staff member or artist who's involved in the creation of NPCs in some way to have a little Q&A or just send us a small statement about some of their characters or their work in general.

Update:
We've got Flint Jakobs from Gaia's band Without a Doubt set to show up!
Demy-Stardust from the jousting tournament will be making an appearance.

User Image

Hmm, I'm not quite sure how to handle this one. A lot of this space at actual conventions is taken up by stores, but there are also people giving out information on other conventions and events. Maybe user run groups that don't associate themselves with a specific NPC like the Paparazzi or HBC would like to have a table here?

Aged Accumulator

F.A.Q.
I want to help but I am unable or unwilling to host a panel. Is there anything I can do?
Most importantly, drop in and enjoy the event! Beyond that, there will be a lot of things we need help with beyond just panels. If you've got a talent for art we'll need graphics and artists to do freebies. If you've got some spare time, we'll need help running some contests/dice games. If you just have some free space in your signature or an affiliates section in your thread, we'll eventually need some advertising to let more people know about what we're doing/when it is. If you think there's something you can do, just let me know.

Are you taking donations?
We are! We have a donation thread, but you can get a drop on things early by sending a trade or donations to Con Chair, our event mule. All donations will be logged and the inventory will be catalogued publicly in the guild. NPC related items are the best, but pretty much anything we can use as a prize works from charms, to fish and flowers, to RIGs/CIs, clothes, anything goes really. You'd be hard pressed to find something we can't find way to tie to an NPC somehow.

How do I make a panel?
You can check out my sample panel for Leon -here- [insert link here when completed]. Don't feel you have to follow the format to a T though, get creative!

Who or what can I choose as a topic?
Something NPC related, of course. Event NPCs, EI/REI NPCs, CI/RIG NPCs, shopkeepers, or manga characters are all fair game. If there is a particular group or duo that are related, it's A-OK to do a group theme. For example, we have someone doing the Gold Mountain employees together. If someone wants to focus on a set of NPCs from a specific RIG, shopkeepers that run a store together like Jet and Cygnus, or even a family like Ruby and Peyo, or the Gambinos, that's fine too.

More questions? Ask away!

Aged Accumulator

User Image

Characters/Topics Who Are Already Covered:
Panels
-Dietrich
-Gold Mountain (Russell Ace, Jinx, Becky, Lex, and Cardbot)
-Leon
-The Bifrost (Cresento and Nicolae)
-J-Corp
-E-Corp
-D-Party
-Gaia Cashmir Alliance
-Black Core Military
-Surl E. Dean
-Town Pride
-Timmy
-Aiden and Neon Core
-Rufus
-Brennivin
-Dearly Damned & Hoarfrost Pass (Cicero, Stieg, Roseus, and Serotina)

Workshops
-How to Make Do With the Small Amount of Info Gaia Gave for a Certain Character
-How to Organize an NPC Fanthread
-How to draw NPCs

If you are passionate about any of these, don't fret! I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure that most people would love to have a helping hand. Most real panels at conventions are run by more than one person, no shame in collaboration here.

Staff:
Convention Mule:
-ConChair

Management:
-AnneLaurant (Artist, Designer, Panelist, Miracleworker)
-Gentlemanly Swindler

Artists/Organisers:
-[ Kate Lionheart ]
-Ren Orenji Doragon
-cottoncandyFRIZZ (Tentative)
-matchaartist (Tentative)
-RouageLapin
-Leonaenae

Panelists/Exhibitors:
-J-corp
-Shrimp_Man
-Hassli (and D-Party)
-ashlex_in_pearl (E-Corp)
-Chibi Halo (Gaia Cashmir Alliance)
-Attama of the Black Core (B.C.M.)
-Sheshira
-Mrs_S_Snape
-Timmy Tao
-Demy-Stardust (and as a special guest)
-Blackrosekitten21 (J-Corp)
-MachaGirl
-Salathielly
-Ridley Starsmore
-Aoizulla

Special Guests:
-Flint Jakobs

Aged Accumulator

SAMPLE PANEL POST

Don't try to enter the contest here ya goof!
Yes this is ugly as sin and I will make improvement to this later, I just wanted to give a general idea of one kind of set up you might like to try for a panel thread. Don't feel obligated to copy this format! If you've got something creative in mind, roll with it. I believe in you, you're all capable of things so much nicer than what I can manage.

User Image
Loyal Guard and Guild Guide

Height: 6'5" (196cm)
Weight: 275 Pounds (~19.5 Stone)
Blood Type: O

User Image

Halt!

It's time you learn the basics on Leon.

One of Gaia's earliest NPCs, his design and manner of speech are a hold over from Go Gaia's original ye olde RPG theme. He was the first NPC to greet players upon the site's opening, and though his role has diminished over the years, he still patrols the streets and keeps the guilds running smoothly.

A Brief History

User Image

When players first joined in 2003, they were greeted by Leon asking them to fill out the proper forms to be allowed into Gaia and Barton. His interrogation of the player was cut short by Rina, who mocked him and told the player that getting into Gaia, and talked about all the wonderful activities that awaited. This intro was scrapped later when Gaia shed its linklist and RPG flavour. He'd reprise a similar role seven years later in the World of Style into.

User Image

When Gaia Guilds opened as a new site feature, Leon took up occupancy in the Guild Hall were he was tasked with explaining to players their function, how to use them, and how to create them. He still takes care of Guild Registry, and it's apparently on a volunteer basis as he states, 'I patrol and guard Barton and, in my spare time, I run the Gaia Guild Registry.'

User Image
His first site event was the Gaia Olympics 2k4 in which, despite his best efforts, he placed fourth.
User Image
Hey, it's hard swimming in full armour!

User Image
He was next seen with his fellow G-Team members attempting, and failing, to put a stop to Santa and Jack's destruction and then at the ensuing masquerade at Gambino mansion.

User ImageFollowing the fire at Gambino mansion, he testified at the trial of Ian in defence of his fellow Barton resident.User Image

User Image

In 2007 he was part of Team Barton for the 2K7 Summer Festival. He acted as the spokesman for his team, singing his town's praises and rallying users to soak their rivals in the water balloon fight.

Sadly, it wasn't enough to net them any better than third out of four competing towns.

User Image

In 2010, he stepped in to help whip his friend Rina's baking skills into shape so that she could pursue her dream of opening a cafe. Though the training was a bit extreme, it was apparently successful as the cafe has been running ever since.

User Image

In 2011 he was a contestant in Pie Hard, a pie eating contest featuring many of the site's NPCs. His feast was cut short during the third round of eliminations, but he did manage to reach level nine.

Flash Space Presence

User Image

Leon is one of the NPCs that greet you at the train station upon entering Towns. He warns you not to give share your password, tells you a bit about guilds, and how the features of towns work.

[Entire zOMG section written by Ren Orenji Doragon, you have my deepest gratitude]
User Image
There were several introductions/tutorials to zOMG! so this might get a bit confusing. Not to mention that my memory of some things is a bit fuzzy, so I'm going to be referencing the zOMG! Wiki for some information.
Original: You were introduced to Leon through Olivia (Leon's mom). When you entered Barton Town through the Sewers, you were told to go visit Elizabeth and she would tell you where to go. One of the quests was to visit Olivia who was infamous for her cooking. After doing her first quest, she asks you to go deliver a lunch pail to Leon who was standing outside the Barton gates. When you deliver the lunch, Leon is thrilled and then asks you to return the pail. Depending on how you did the quests, Leon would then tell you to go scout out the 3 Lawn Gnome encampments. When you were done with that, he would then tell you to defeat a Lawn Gnome Courier, and return with the scrolls it carried around. Leon thought these were battle plans against Barton and tells you to go talk to Clara to get some insight on it. After speaking with Clara, who sends you back to Leon, he tells you to go knock around the Lawn Gnome Majors which seem to patrol the encampments you scouted earlier. Once you are done with this, Leon gives you Ring: Fire Rain (or a choice of Rings) and sends you south to another Barton Regular known as Remo.

Leon's role was pretty much the same in the other versions of the introduction/tutorial... until we get to the latest.

Latest: You are literally dropped into a grassy field next to a train with a chest containing Ring: GunsGunsGuns. Once you open the chest and obtain the ring, you hear a shout for help coming from the next screen. When you reach the next screen, you see Leon running from 3 OMGs. He tells you how to use your Ring and when you defeat the OMGs, he asks you to come visit him on the next screen over. This plops you into The Village Greens. When you talk to Leon again, he tells you to... (and this is where my memory fails me and I can't seem to find info, so it's either: he tells you to knock around a few Lawn Gnomes and Pink Flamingos then tells you to go see Elizabeth, OR tells you to go see Elizabeth and then knock around a few Gnomes and Flamingos.) From there, the quests go back to what they were in the original.

***ENDGAME PLOT BELOW HERE***

When you defeat Labtech X and his gargantuan Sealab X, you are transported to Barton Bar where several of the NPCs you met along your quest, among them Leon, come to congratulate you. Leon basically tells you how proud the whole town is of you and reminds you that the Animated are not gone now that you have defeated one big bad. That it's just one piece of the puzzle.

***ENDGAME PLOT ABOVE HERE***

References:
Olivia's Cookies // Leon's Lunch Pail // An Advancing Enemy // Gnomish Battle Plans // A Call To Arms // Balance of Power // Village Training // Chapter One Finale

Relationships

User Image

Leon is most often seen with Rina. Though she mocks him, and he in turn has expressed a bit of fear of her ('*hides* Ahh.. sorry about that I thought I heard Rina coming.') they get along well. Leon seems to be something of a big brother figure to her.

User Image

Leon is a member of the less-than-secret secret organisation, the G-Team. Alongside Logan and Edmund, he vows to keep Gaia safe. Thus far, they've mostly shown up at events, consumed alcohol, and posed like action heroes but with Nyx's arrival, Gaia's going to need all the help it can get.

User Image

[Rewriting in progress]

He's not shown interacting with many other characters, though no one seems to particularly dislike him and he's expressed that he likes Ian, as he is an upstanding citizen and grants Leon discounts at his boutique. He seems to be either unlucky with or disinterested in the ladies as he has shown up to several romantic events, such as prom, balls, and the masquerade, accompanied only be his fellow G-Team members.

Trivia

User Image
  • He claims to have a photographic memory
  • He claims to know every single resident of Gaia on sight
  • He's been called a gate guard, town guard, royal guard, and commander
  • Despite being listed as three inches taller than Edmund, he's usually shorter than him in comics
  • He apparently has an iron stomach, capable of eating some truly terrible dishes
  • His rather antiquated manner of speech was a holdover from Go Gaia's early RPG theme, but has since become a bit of a running joke
  • When he's not wearing it, he uses his armour to smoke meats
  • Leon has been around since February 28th 2003, tying him with a few others for longest running NPC
  • He's featured in two items User ImageUser Image
  • The third pose of his SDPlus doll reference a comic where his armour was taken over by feral cats, this is also mentioned in the description for User Image

Contests

User Image Design a new Uniform
Leon's design hasn't really seen any updates since the site opened, perhaps it's time for a little modification? Design Leon a new uniform to wear as he patrols the streets of Barton. It can be as retro or as futuristic as you want and doesn't necessarily even have to be armour. Sketch up something, on the computer or paper matters not, and show me what you've got!
  • First Place will receive something cool when this is more that a sample post
  • Second Place will receive something cool when this is more that a sample post
  • Third Place will receive something cool when this is more that a sample post
  • All participants will receive a full set of Barton Regulars armour.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Draw Leon

It's as simple as it sounds. The lovable oaf's lacking when it comes to fan and staff attention, so shower the poor fellow with a little love in the form of some fanart, won't you? Traditional or digital are equally welcome. Double up because your entry here may also be submitted to the main convention fanart contest!

• First Place will receive boy I'll have to have really nice prizes to trick people into drawing me some Leon
    • Second Place will receive and I'm sure it'll be out of pocket ; n;
    • Third Place will receive I think assuming I'll get three entries is characteristicly overly optimistic of me
    • All participants will receive a full set of Barton Regulars armour.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Talking Points

• Which role of Leon's is the most appealing/iconic to you?
      • Have you ever confused Leon and Rina for siblings?
      • How does he manage to cook so nicely and at the same time stomach his mother's terrible not-so-good cooking?
      • We've never really seen him in action, do you think he and the rest of the G-Team are tough enough to help fight Nyx?

[Questions graciously provided by AnneLaurant]

Resources

Badges
Every attendee is free to take one of the badge templates and edit their image and name in. Staff, such as panelists and artists, will get their own special badges to use.

Pixel Badges for use in your signature, profile, or journal.
By [ Kate Lionheart ]:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
(Code with a link to the planning thread under spoiler)
1)User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh]3)[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 1_zpsqbm7lt2n.png[/img][/url]

2)User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 2_zpshkghxash.png[/img][/url

and for the last badge I've done three versions of it for people to chose from
Angel wing version:~
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 3_zpsmocnc50i.png[/img][/url

Nightmare Wing (as suggested by AnneLaurant):~
Black wing:~
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 4_zpsp1zbzjbv.png[/img][/url]

White wing:~
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 5_zpsol05cyhf.png[/img][/url]

Edit: they released a new Conbadge item so new edit! emotion_kirakira
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/Icon badge 8_zpss7eu8bgv.png[/img][/url]

Badges with space for your name and picture
[ Kate Lionheart ]:
User Image

Anne Laurant:
For general Attendees-
User Image

For staff use only-

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Examples of custom staff badges-
User ImageUser Image
Large sizes and templates under spoiler
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Font and Banners
This refers to banners for use in the thread, link banners may be found further down in the thread with codes to use.

AnneLaurant has created a font just for us! It incorporates a sort of fishtail design in honour of our feline mascot Rufus. Feel free to use it for your panel or promo.

User Image

Anne's banners for use in the event thread (spoilered for size)
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Art
Art provided for the event by our lovely artists.
Rufus by Ren Orenji Doragon:
User Image

Aged Accumulator

User Image

By Salatheilly:
User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/q4z4scq][img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg64/Salathielly/NPCon2015_zpspzseauyp.png[/img][/url]

By Ren Orenji Doragon:
User Image (570 B)
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i.imgur.com/o5rfL6E.png[/img][/url]

User Image (563 B)
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i.imgur.com/1vGfqCF.png[/img][/url]

Banner sized:
User Image (7.3 KB)
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i.imgur.com/wq0ykLJ.png[/img][/url]

User Image (7.4 KB)
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i.imgur.com/8fSEOqa.png[/img][/url]

User Image (6.8 KB)
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i.imgur.com/28yHfEy.png[/img][/url]

Plus art of Rufus she made for the event:
User Image

By AnneLaurant:
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah82/AnneLaurant/npcon_zpskq26yoas.png[/img][/url]

By [ Kate Lionheart ]:
User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/1CuQ9Fh][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/EternalBastet/rufus 007_zpsvylccbsz.png[/img][/url]

(Badge ideas coming soon!)

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

The suggestions and set up for it sounds really good. I like the different sections of a con that might be held at a IRL con. I agree that the shop thing might be difficult unless it's some sort of special sale for a fanthread. *shrugs* Am I describing that clearly? I dunno. sweatdrop

I could definitely hold some sort of contest for the Gold Mountain panel/booth thingy. I'd try and find as much information about their arrival as I could, specifically the Cards staff since the Slots game was there first.

As for prizes, I have a few extra dolls from past rigs that I could donate to the cause. And if we do get this going, we could always contact bluealaris or Zero about getting a kickstart for it like they did with the User run ball last year.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Yesssssss my body is ready! If you don't mind to wait until after Diedrich's birthday, I will bring in members if the D-Party to weigh in on what we should do.

I think for cosplay, you should say creativity matters, and warn that people using whole npc sets may not rank as well as someone who creates, say, a theme version of an npc.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Shrimp_Man

The suggestions and set up for it sounds really good. I like the different sections of a con that might be held at a IRL con. I agree that the shop thing might be difficult unless it's some sort of special sale for a fanthread. *shrugs* Am I describing that clearly? I dunno. sweatdrop

I could definitely hold some sort of contest for the Gold Mountain panel/booth thingy. I'd try and find as much information about their arrival as I could, specifically the Cards staff since the Slots game was there first.

As for prizes, I have a few extra dolls from past rigs that I could donate to the cause. And if we do get this going, we could always contact bluealaris or Zero about getting a kickstart for it like they did with the User run ball last year.

i also wanted to say that blue alarums was the first person I spoke with about setting up a kickstarter for the dparty before it was handed off to zero omega, so definitely try contacting him once there is a good time line set up in here.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Hassli
Shrimp_Man

i also wanted to say that blue alarums was the first person I spoke with about setting up a kickstarter for the dparty before it was handed off to zero omega, so definitely try contacting him once there is a good time line set up in here.

That's good to know, I was wondering who would handle it. I knew that Zero had mentioned something about contacting him, but I wasn't sure if he would be the one to actually handle it.

Aged Accumulator

Shrimp_Man

Aw, shucks! I'm glad you like what we've got so far. Ooh, I hadn't even thought of having fanthreads sales in the Dealer's Room/Exhibit Hall but that's not a bad idea. I had been thinking more like the booths that pass out info/fliers about other cons. I'd have to see what folks who are interested, if any, in that section have in mind.

Cards staff! I don't know everything, but I do remember the release of cards. It was my main source of income back then!

What I do know is that they had a RIG based on them and all the art for it can be found here:
LeXbox Images Thread
And the manga page for it is -here-
The other manga appearances I know of for them are
Becky and Jinx talk costumes
Lex's Alter Ego
Lex was in the beard contest
Lex was one of the fanservice victims
Took place at Gold Mountain and Lex is in the BG
Lex takes over Backalley Bargains
I could have sworn they were in other comics, but my memory isn't great. I'll take a look through the rest later.

Russel, Becky, Lex, and Jinx were in Pie Hard, I think. I missed this event, I don't know much about it.

Jinx was part of Isle de Gambino's team for the Summer 2007 waterballoon fight thing.
User Image

Accounts:
Becky She does Gold Mountain announcements and also dropped by the Paparazzi thread, maybe look into that?
Lex Finally got used! He posted about his new shopkeeper positions as well as playing a minor role in the 'Package for You' site... event thingy. Not sure what to call it.

I don't think Russell or CardBot have one. I thought Jinx did, but I don't have a link and it's not coming up in my search results so maybe not.

Is that helpful at all? I know there are three fanthreads for Russell Ace and two for Lex, I don't know about Becky, Jinx, and Cardbot.

And oooh, thanks for that offer! I should make an event NPC to handle donations and stuff. I don't want anything to get mixed in with my own items. What do you think would be a good name? NPCon? That's not taken and is simple and easy to remember. I've been slowly gathering SDPlus dolls as I go because I was planning an NPC art/writing contest, which is getting folded into this event so it's a start!

Oh man, a Kickstart would be fantastic! That would also help raise awareness for the event. I think I need to have way more done before I start approaching staff though, oof.

Aged Accumulator

Hassli
Yesssssss my body is ready! If you don't mind to wait until after Diedrich's birthday, I will bring in members if the D-Party to weigh in on what we should do.

I think for cosplay, you should say creativity matters, and warn that people using whole npc sets may not rank as well as someone who creates, say, a theme version of an npc.

Oh man, you've got at least two months post birthday bash before this things kicks off, so no worries on a rush. The more the merrier for planning. We can't please everyone, but getting to hear as many people's ideas of what they want is a good start.

That's a good idea, I should talk a little about the criteria costumes will be judged on in the post laying out the rules and categories. The more funds I can scrape together, the more winners I can pass out prizes to.

And thank you very much for the information on who to contact in the staff. I'm a long ways off from being ready to pitch the idea to them, but I'm sure going to try once we've got our ducks in a row.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Shrimp_Man
Hassli
Shrimp_Man

That's good to know, I was wondering who would handle it. I knew that Zero had mentioned something about contacting him, but I wasn't sure if he would be the one to actually handle it.

Bluealaris was the initial contact, but I guess he handed it off to Zero Omega, because he is who finished everything.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Gentlemanly Swindler
Shrimp_Man

Aw, shucks! I'm glad you like what we've got so far. Ooh, I hadn't even thought of having fanthreads sales in the Dealer's Room/Exhibit Hall but that's not a bad idea. I had been thinking more like the booths that pass out info/fliers about other cons. I'd have to see what folks who are interested, if any, in that section have in mind.

Cards staff! I don't know everything, but I do remember the release of cards. It was my main source of income back then!

What I do know is that they had a RIG based on them and all the art for it can be found here:
LeXbox Images Thread
And the manga page for it is -here-
The other manga appearances I know of for them are
Becky and Jinx talk costumes
Lex's Alter Ego
Lex was in the beard contest
Lex was one of the fanservice victims
Took place at Gold Mountain and Lex is in the BG
Lex takes over Backalley Bargains
I could have sworn they were in other comics, but my memory isn't great. I'll take a look through the rest later.

Russel, Becky, Lex, and Jinx were in Pie Hard, I think. I missed this event, I don't know much about it.

Jinx was part of Isle de Gambino's team for the Summer 2007 waterballoon fight thing.
User Image

Accounts:
Becky She does Gold Mountain announcements and also dropped by the Paparazzi thread, maybe look into that?
Lex Finally got used! He posted about his new shopkeeper positions as well as playing a minor role in the 'Package for You' site... event thingy. Not sure what to call it.

I don't think Russell or CardBot have one. I thought Jinx did, but I don't have a link and it's not coming up in my search results so maybe not.

Is that helpful at all? I know there are three fanthreads for Russell Ace and two for Lex, I don't know about Becky, Jinx, and Cardbot.

And oooh, thanks for that offer! I should make an event NPC to handle donations and stuff. I don't want anything to get mixed in with my own items. What do you think would be a good name? NPCon? That's not taken and is simple and easy to remember. I've been slowly gathering SDPlus dolls as I go because I was planning an NPC art/writing contest, which is getting folded into this event so it's a start!

Oh man, a Kickstart would be fantastic! That would also help raise awareness for the event. I think I need to have way more done before I start approaching staff though, oof.

Ooh, thanks for all those links, they'll help a lot for the panel. I know for sure that Russell Ace doesn't have an account, I've been asking for that for years now. xD As for the fanthreads, I thought there was just the one old one that hasn't been posted in for years. Are they in different forums? I'll have to look that up since I was planning on starting one for him in the GCD.

That name sounds good for the event mule. 3nodding I've also got the image for a post card that was sent to people that ordered from the IRL store that had Russell Ace on it.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Hassli
Shrimp_Man
Hassli
Shrimp_Man

Bluealaris was the initial contact, but I guess he handed it off to Zero Omega, because he is who finished everything.

Well blue may be too busy now with their new role as GM to take care of that personally.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I don't think you can put npc in a username

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff