Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://tektek.org/site/takedown1.jpg

http://tektek.org/site/takedown2-censored.jpg

Other sites who have use fan made sites would consider this very bad choices that gaia staff has done. This site allows for people to monition gaiaonline items. Look at a preview of the items. And allow for people to find items base on gold or not gold selling items. This is basically a noob hand book to gaia. The release date of the items from the past. And a history of gaiaonline.com. I am very upset that gaia had this site taken down.

I've see other companies enjoy fan made sites. Because they help the players. Gaia actions have proven they do not want the fans of gaia to be happy. And they only care about our money and nothing else. Greed is base on what gaia has become. In the past gaia care and listen to us. Now it feels like gaia online has become more of a robot site and our opinions don't matter. It also feels like this forum site feedback is a wasted spaced. Why not take down feed back as well. Since it proven gaia doesn't care about us anymore.

I am on 50 other sites. And from the actions this site alone has taken alone proves they care not for the fans.

I do not see other sites taken down there fan sites. This site alone is the only one that has done that.

Companies normally love fansites. It means less worry for them explaining and more profit in there own hands. Fansites are made by the fans who support the official site.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
TekTek wasn't shut down for being a fansite, it was shut down for directly advertising a competitor (even if there is a huge size difference) and Tekron refused to change that. In business that's a huge no-no and Tekron is acting pretty shady in this case.

Offensive Fatcat

Gaia made a dumb move. (Sorry.)
Once the owner of Tektek started their own avatar site, it became a huge conflict of interest for them to lure Gaia's users over to their own avatar site. I don't really blame Gaia for putting a stop to that.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
This problem arose when Tekton started advertising his own site on Tektek. It has nothing to do with Tektek being a fansite. He was making money using Gaia's intellectual property, purposely using Tektek to gain users from Gaia for his competing site, something Gaia has all the legal right in the world to fight against. That letter they sent him was more than likely NOT the first time they tried to contact him, as a cease and desist is certainly not the first step anyone wants to make in legal issues like this. He also received an email he chose not to share. Gaia did not force Tekton to take down anything. They wanted a meeting with him, he decided not to respond and take down his site himself. Gaia wanted an agreement that would keep it running, Tekton did not.
OtakuJeannie
TekTek wasn't shut down for being a fansite, it was shut down for directly advertising a competitor (even if there is a huge size difference) and Tekron refused to change that. In business that's a huge no-no and Tekron is acting pretty shady in this case.

Now that I didn't know. My apologize gaia.
Yokies
This problem arose when Tekton started advertising his own site on Tektek. It has nothing to do with Tektek being a fansite. He was making money using Gaia's intellectual property, purposely using Tektek to gain users from Gaia for his competing site, something Gaia has all the legal right in the world to fight against. That letter they sent him was more than likely NOT the first time they tried to contact him, as a cease and desist is certainly not the first step anyone wants to make in legal issues like this. He also received an email he chose not to share. Gaia did not force Tekton to take down anything. They wanted a meeting with him, he decided not to respond and take down his site himself. Gaia wanted an agreement that would keep it running, Tekton did not.

Ah. Something else I didn't know. Now that makes more sense. Making profit off of gaia? Now that disturbing.
RatCookie
Once the owner of Tektek started their own avatar site, it became a huge conflict of interest for them to lure Gaia's users over to their own avatar site. I don't really blame Gaia for putting a stop to that.

So there own avi site was made. Hmmm... That means tek was in the wrong.
thank you all for putting in more data for me to understand. I thank you all. My apologize gaia. I thought it was taken down because it was a fansite.
Tektek was dying since a year ago from server crashes and lack of updates and Tekton was looking for a way out. He was massively pissed when he got his hand caught in the cookie jar with his ad advertising a rival site. He found a way to get cakes, lots of cakes. But we all know his cake is a lie.
By blaming Gaia, he's now using the intrigue and rage to make people come to his site even more.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
Between My Legs
Ah. Something else I didn't know. Now that makes more sense. Making profit off of gaia? Now that disturbing.

It's all a very sad situation to see unfold. I get that some people might not see it as a big deal, as his own avatar site is obviously much smaller and not as well known, but it still doesn't make it right what he was doing. I feel like him refusing to speak to Gaia at all about the matter and just taking Tektek down makes it seem like he's the one who really didn't care. Tektek certainly had been declining the last year or so, it didn't seem like he was too concerned about it's current state. How he really feels about the situation, we don't know, but his actions certainly imply that all he's concerned with is his avatar site, and that Tektek was just a liability he wasn't interested in dealing with anymore. Posting the letter and then jumping ship seemed like a last ditch effort to take as many users as he could with him out of anger for Gaia for "taking Tektek down".

I understand people being sad about Tektek, but I'm also just as sad that people want to make Gaia the big baddy when they're just trying to protect their IP. I know they've made some really bad decisions in the last year, but we've got plenty enough to rag on Gaia about, and this situation isn't one of them. xd But hey, I'm very pleased to see that you're understanding of the situation, I've seen many users fighting tooth and nail about this for the last couple of days and it's intense. ._.

Rainbow Wrangler

13,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
For me it means doing what I used to do back I 0'3, get items I thought looked good and try them out. I understand the convenience of Tektek, hell I used it. But in the end I'm not suffering because I can still make avatars. It'll be a bit rougher, but manageable.

Gracious Muse

Wheter Tekton doings were shady or not, I think it's very rich from Gaia asking a site to shut down due to "copyright infringement" when they are making actual money from rip-offs of other trademarks... This is giving me secondhand embarrassment for this site neutral

Perfect Saint

Schierke Le Britannia
Wheter Tekton doings were shady or not, I think it's very rich from Gaia asking a site to shut down due to "copyright infringement" when they are making actual money from rip-offs of other trademarks... This is giving me secondhand embarrassment for this site neutral
Difference there is Tekton uses actual images and it functioned as an accessory site to Gaia, while Gaia (unless it's a sponsorship) uses parodies, tributes, derivatives, their own interpretations, etc. The issue there is he used his Gaia Dream Avatar site to advertise his own rival site and it was poaching users from Gaia who go there. That does translate to a threat to or an actual lose of income. People wouldn't really go to his site if not for Gaia. Like someone mentioned, it was like putting a Pepsi vending machine in a Coke plant.

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
OtakuJeannie

Gaia didn't pay Tekron for what Tekron did so Tekron has the right to take money from a competitor for advertising space.

It's called business.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces