• Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
all i know is that because of gaia shutting down tektek, i finally decided to check out recolor.me

if gaia hadn't made a fuss, most of us wouldn't have even bothered

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Actually if it wasn't for Tekton posting private legal documents on his site you wouldn't have a reason to check out Recolor.me.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."
No. If it wasn't for gaia posting about it, I'd have never known about it, since I don't frequent tektek.

why are u ppl so concerned with semantics, damn

Gaia only posted something about it because Tekton posted the legal documents on his site. Legal documents that should've stayed private.

gaia had zero obligation to post about it.

They did if we, Gaians, were deflaming them due to misunderstanding the situation.

Aged Zealot

Calelith

They did if we, Gaians, were deflaming them due to misunderstanding the situation.

User Image
Which people were.
tiptiptiptip

Accursed Spirit

I actually never bothered to check recolor.me ever since it started showing up on Tektek. Now I been thinking to check it out with all this issues going on. rofl

skvllkid's Fav

Mythical Unicorn

21,225 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
all i know is that because of gaia shutting down tektek, i finally decided to check out recolor.me

if gaia hadn't made a fuss, most of us wouldn't have even bothered

Actually if it wasn't for Tekton posting private legal documents on his site you wouldn't have a reason to check out Recolor.me.

No. If it wasn't for gaia posting about it, I'd have never known about it, since I don't frequent tektek.

Gaia only posted something about it because Tekton posted the legal documents on his site. Legal documents that should've stayed private.

idk if it's willful obtuseness or something else, but my entire point is that idc about defaming or tektek or whatever crap is going on tbh. my point is that if gaia hadn't kowtowed to all this nonsense and made a fuss, i would never have known or heard of recolor.me

Bashful Pumpkin

33,725 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Master Slayer 200
1. We don't know if this is the first time Gaia has contacted Tekton or not.

2. Either way, it probably took time for Gaia to decide how to handle this, considering how long they've allowed tektek to exist and even had a good relationship.

3. Gaia actually has been listening to our concerns. Gold generators have slowed down considerably and are giving significanly smaller payouts on average, which, while not precisely what most of us wanted, is certainly better than nothing. They have also been listening to our requests for items and re-releases, and also made an effort to resolve the drama that occurred over the recent flags. They have even tried to make their cash shop announcements more concise by including most daily updates in one announcement. This could admittedly be better still, but acting as though they aren't listening to us at all is ridiculous.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre

idk if it's willful obtuseness or something else, but my entire point is that idc about defaming or tektek or whatever crap is going on tbh. my point is that if gaia hadn't kowtowed to all this nonsense and made a fuss, i would never have known or heard of recolor.me

That doesn't change the point I was trying to make and the reason for Gaia posting the staff update.

skvllkid's Fav

Mythical Unicorn

21,225 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre

That doesn't change the point I was trying to make and the reason for Gaia posting the staff update.

but who cares? lol, i was never arguing your point.

Playful Kitten

Let's be real.... once you've been on gaia, all those other sites just don't measure up. You get a temporary thrill by the lack of GC/inflation bullshit, but the graphics and communities just don't cut it in comparison and you end up back home. All those competitor sites keep going out of business pretty quickly so yep.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre

Some do care and will use your post as a way to attack Gaia and blame them.

souchisen's Husband

Dapper Genius

Frozen Mist
Let's be real.... once you've been on gaia, all those other sites just don't measure up. You get a temporary thrill by the lack of GC/inflation bullshit, but the graphics and communities just don't cut it in comparison and you end up back home. All those competitor sites keep going out of business pretty quickly so yep.

Which is why gaia needs to fix its s**t. not even just the inflation, but chilling out with the gc stuff already. release some damn gold items more than once in a blue moon, ones that are actually good that people want. i get they need money but holy crap. most of the items in the cash shop are not worth the REAL money you have to pay to get them, and most of the chance items give you animations and faces more often than not, which is an incredible ripoff.

If Gaia is upset about legal matters and all that, they could at LEAST put up an avatar generator of their own, because they have the data on ALL the items. i mean if an item can show up in the marketplace, you should be able to use it in the avatar creator without worrying about it having to 'update', the way we had to wait for tektek to update.

If that's a thing they're working on, great. We needed one onsite for a loooong time. but if not, then i'm not surprised because gaia doesnt care about things that are actually useful.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Koda Crest

User Image
jfc this 1000x over.
Adding on to this point:
Why is it so hard to believe gaia is just trying to make a profit to make a profit and stay afloat?
You know, as opposed the Gaia only wanting to make a profit because they enjoy suckering money out of people.
This whole thread annoys me because for some reason people think Gaia should just ignore the law and use of its own property as an ad funnel because someone was providing a drastically diminishing in quality service?
Even worse now Gaia is at fault in a lot of people's eyes because people are unwilling to see that Tekton is the only reason we know about any of this. He did the following:
1) Never responded to the initial letter sent on February 25th, 2015 that willed him to take down just the ad.
2) Instead of taking what he could get by just removing that one freaking ad, he posted up a private legal document on his site for the public to see. Let me point out for the first hour or two he hadn't even blanked out names on the statement.
3) Opted to take down his site instead of leaving it up like he had the option to do, and let Gaia take the heat while he got away with essentially theft of their IP for personal gain.

So now gaia is dealing with a fairly serious legal issue while the other side of it is leaking all the details. And their users are demanding them to offer services they have never previously offered because a third party decided to break the law. I've said it before, I'll say it again.

You want tektek dream avatar back? Yes? Me too. Now just figure out the finances at Gaia, and what amount of money per pay period the can afford in man hours to give without taking a hit. Now try and buy the base code from Tekton for Tektek. Chances are he'll say no. So now find a small team of web developers that are willing to build tektek from the ground up, and upkeep it, for the price you have allotted for that service.

Tektek is not just a "slap this thing together" project. It is massive, and intricate, and that is why Gaia was going to such lengths to keep Tektek running. So if you want to pitch a fit, and run to Recolor.me, remember that the owner of that site is the whole reason you're so upset.

Why is it so hard to believe? Because of the changes they've made. Or have you been absent for a long time and completely missed the constant cash sale announcements which irritated the hell out of people. Receiving ten cash sale/cash shop/limiters/Recolor updates a day or every other day? Or their lack of concern or response to the peoples concerns e.g. The economy, gold generators. Hell they removed ata even, leaving users no way to talk to staff directly save for site feedback which they largely ignored, for awhile. After bringing in some new hot shot guy we couldn't even mention by name because he'd get butthurt that people actually *gasp* disagreed with him and his practices.

The only way I and many others knew anything about this was because of Gaia posting about it. And tbh Gaias nice sugar coating over it ( "we're trying to work things out with him" ) is just as bad as posting the letter online, although putting it on there was showing people the proof of why the site had to be taken down (I don't like that he didn't block out names and addresses and the like either).

I know my opinion is in the minority here because I do think Gaia is just complaining because now Tekon has his own site that they have to make a stink about tektek now. Tektek been around for over ten years and Gaia said it was fine. Even after they got ads, Gaia didn't care. It wasn't until Tekon made his own site and advertised it on tektek that Gaia said "no way!"

Honestly if it was all about intellectual property, I could respect that. I wouldn't want anybody copying my stuff either and making money off of it. But I don't feel it is. Why? Because when tektek was first created, they would've shut it down IMMEDIATELY. There would be no wiggle room. No ifs, ands or buts. If it was about the ads and making money that bothered them? Ok I could understand that too. But how many years has Gaia known he has ads on tektek? Awhile. And you can't tell me mister money hungry CEO wouldn't have known and taken that down if he wanted to. But no, they allowed it to exist. It wasn't until he started his own site and advertising for it that Gaia finally makes a stink.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it. I'm not buying Gaias story. Their innocent little me story. Given what I stated above.

I think people are just frustrated with Gaias constant cash shop updates and not listening to their concerns. They have yet to do anything to really fix the economy and they abandon every new thing they come up with. They try new things and also abandon the old stuff, ignoring bug and glitch reports (unless it affects their bottom dollar or prevents people from playing completely. Because no players = no money for them) and people stop playing and Gaias scratching it's head like ghee why did people stop playing?

If Gaia actually did some positive things or things we've been asking for, then people would have far less (notice I didn't say nothing) to complain about. There was only one staffer I felt actually listened and made changes in the past few years. Actually went into site feedback and responded regularly. When I mentioned a glitch, it was fixed the same day. Sadly that person is no longer with Gaia. That's why so many people yearn for how Gaia use to be in many ways. Because there were still options to buy cash and cash shop items but they weren't repeatedly rammed down your throat multiple times a day.

skvllkid's Fav

Mythical Unicorn

21,225 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre
Calelith
Queen Alexandre

Some do care and will use your post as a way to attack Gaia and blame them.

lol

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
TheLostNobody
Koda Crest

User Image
jfc this 1000x over.
Adding on to this point:
Why is it so hard to believe gaia is just trying to make a profit to make a profit and stay afloat?
You know, as opposed the Gaia only wanting to make a profit because they enjoy suckering money out of people.
This whole thread annoys me because for some reason people think Gaia should just ignore the law and use of its own property as an ad funnel because someone was providing a drastically diminishing in quality service?
Even worse now Gaia is at fault in a lot of people's eyes because people are unwilling to see that Tekton is the only reason we know about any of this. He did the following:
1) Never responded to the initial letter sent on February 25th, 2015 that willed him to take down just the ad.
2) Instead of taking what he could get by just removing that one freaking ad, he posted up a private legal document on his site for the public to see. Let me point out for the first hour or two he hadn't even blanked out names on the statement.
3) Opted to take down his site instead of leaving it up like he had the option to do, and let Gaia take the heat while he got away with essentially theft of their IP for personal gain.

So now gaia is dealing with a fairly serious legal issue while the other side of it is leaking all the details. And their users are demanding them to offer services they have never previously offered because a third party decided to break the law. I've said it before, I'll say it again.

You want tektek dream avatar back? Yes? Me too. Now just figure out the finances at Gaia, and what amount of money per pay period the can afford in man hours to give without taking a hit. Now try and buy the base code from Tekton for Tektek. Chances are he'll say no. So now find a small team of web developers that are willing to build tektek from the ground up, and upkeep it, for the price you have allotted for that service.

Tektek is not just a "slap this thing together" project. It is massive, and intricate, and that is why Gaia was going to such lengths to keep Tektek running. So if you want to pitch a fit, and run to Recolor.me, remember that the owner of that site is the whole reason you're so upset.

Why is it so hard to believe? Because of the changes they've made. Or have you been absent for a long time and completely missed the constant cash sale announcements which irritated the hell out of people. Receiving ten cash sale/cash shop/limiters/Recolor updates a day or every other day? Or their lack of concern or response to the peoples concerns e.g. The economy, gold generators. Hell they removed ata even, leaving users no way to talk to staff directly save for site feedback which they largely ignored, for awhile. After bringing in some new hot shot guy we couldn't even mention by name because he'd get butthurt that people actually *gasp* disagreed with him and his practices.

The only way I and many others knew anything about this was because of Gaia posting about it. And tbh Gaias nice sugar coating over it ( "we're trying to work things out with him" ) is just as bad as posting the letter online, although putting it on there was showing people the proof of why the site had to be taken down (I don't like that he didn't block out names and addresses and the like either).

I know my opinion is in the minority here because I do think Gaia is just complaining because now Tekon has his own site that they have to make a stink about tektek now. Tektek been around for over ten years and Gaia said it was fine. Even after they got ads, Gaia didn't care. It wasn't until Tekon made his own site and advertised it on tektek that Gaia said "no way!"

Honestly if it was all about intellectual property, I could respect that. I wouldn't want anybody copying my stuff either and making money off of it. But I don't feel it is. Why? Because when tektek was first created, they would've shut it down IMMEDIATELY. There would be no wiggle room. No ifs, ands or buts. If it was about the ads and making money that bothered them? Ok I could understand that too. But how many years has Gaia known he has ads on tektek? Awhile. And you can't tell me mister money hungry CEO wouldn't have known and taken that down if he wanted to. But no, they allowed it to exist. It wasn't until he started his own site and advertising for it that Gaia finally makes a stink.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it. I'm not buying Gaias story. Their innocent little me story. Given what I stated above.

I think people are just frustrated with Gaias constant cash shop updates and not listening to their concerns. They have yet to do anything to really fix the economy and they abandon every new thing they come up with. They try new things and also abandon the old stuff, ignoring bug and glitch reports (unless it affects their bottom dollar or prevents people from playing completely. Because no players = no money for them) and people stop playing and Gaias scratching it's head like ghee why did people stop playing?

If Gaia actually did some positive things or things we've been asking for, then people would have far less (notice I didn't say nothing) to complain about. There was only one staffer I felt actually listened and made changes in the past few years. Actually went into site feedback and responded regularly. When I mentioned a glitch, it was fixed the same day. Sadly that person is no longer with Gaia. That's why so many people yearn for how Gaia use to be in many ways. Because there were still options to buy cash and cash shop items but they weren't repeatedly rammed down your throat multiple times a day.
Seems you've worded my frustration perfectly. Mind if I put this in my OP? People keep quoting me with little to no rebuttal after I have already answered the same argument over and over and it is getting annoying so I am hoping if I put this in the OP, it will shut a few up. Of course, you will get full credit for the lovely wording.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Sithis the Dread Lord
Seems you've worded my frustration perfectly. Mind if I put this in my OP? People keep quoting me with little to no rebuttal after I have already answered the same argument over and over and it is getting annoying so I am hoping if I put this in the OP, it will shut a few up. Of course, you will get full credit for the lovely wording.

Go for it smile Like I said I know I'm probably in the minority but I've always been the type to say what I feel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff