ひげづらの男は君だね
                どこにいるのか今でもわからない
                友達もいく人もいるけど
                あの日のすべてが空しいものだと
                それは誰にも言えない
                今でも同じように見果てぬ夢を描いて
                走りつづけているよね どこかで

oooooooooooooooo加藤登紀子 「時には昔の話を」
          This concludes tonight's impromptu Porco Rosso ending theme concert.
          I'd promise to be less of an anime hipster tomorrow but that would be a lie.
          Goodnight, all~~

Fashionable Benefactor

I love the idea of this.
I wish I had this when I had it fresh out of high school. XD
Seven years ago. God, I feel so old... xP
Definitely subbing for later lurking. :3

Alrighty, alrighty.
            So it's Easter Break here this week and I'm going to try to write up a post today so as not to keep you waiting any longer! (and hopefully to entice others as well when they see that the role play si actually active with more than one person)

Interesting Nymph

Hrmmm... I am interested but all the Japanese I know it self taught ^^; I know the basics and not much more.
mademoiselle murasaki
          ごめん、おじいちゃんのところで手伝いに行った。

エヘヘ、「かい」っていうのはただの「か」みたいですが、とてもカジュアルなひょうげんです。
          私も元気~ 昨日はミュージカルを見に行った。歌は今も頭の中で流れている。

Elymnesis

It's too early to speak Japanese yet, but I'm glad you liked your musical! I didn't know about 'kai'. I think I'm missing a lot of Japanese particles. I failed Japanese 2, so I don't think I ever got there. I'll have to borrow my friend's Genki 2 book, which covers up through Japanese 4. =D

It was the kanji, man. Kanji eat you up and spit you out alive!
          Hello! Thanks for dropping by!
          Haha, I'm starting to feel the same way! It's been awhile...
          Lurk away~ And feel free to join in if you want to give it a shot, we don't bite.
          Kirei na Kitsune

Woo-hoo! A post!
          I'm thinking I might just have to extend the tea party into next month. I got really excited about it but March is almost over...
          x-Tariraritarara-x

Good morning! Thanks for coming by~~
          Please don't hesitate to take a swing at it if you think you'd like to try.
          It will probably be a little challenging, but I've personally found that it's much more fun to learn new words and grammar by reading/listening to real sentences and experimenting with my own. A good, growing type of challenge, I hope!
          If the thread's a little challenging, I can also write some simpler posts to respond to.
          Love Interest

Haha, too early, too early~
          Yeah, I just picked up ~kai from reading/listening. It's really, really casual but I think it's a more fun sound than just ~ka when I'm in a good mood.
          Oh, good old Genki! That was my first textbook (since we didn't use one in high school and I started in 2nd year classes at college). I found one of its sentences about Godzilla in a tumblr post making fun of language textbooks/linguists' example sentences.
          Kanji, bane of my existence, grrr! I can read a lot more kanji than I can write. Must be a 21st century thing - we have computers to convert characters for us without having to memorize the stroke order, haha.
          Elymnesis

Interesting Nymph

mademoiselle murasaki

Good morning! Thanks for coming by~~
          Please don't hesitate to take a swing at it if you think you'd like to try.
          It will probably be a little challenging, but I've personally found that it's much more fun to learn new words and grammar by reading/listening to real sentences and experimenting with my own. A good, growing type of challenge, I hope!
          If the thread's a little challenging, I can also write some simpler posts to respond to.
          Love Interest

Will you be writing in Kanji? I don't have a character converter on this computer. It would be easier to read and post in the English alphabet for me haha sweatdrop
mademoiselle murasaki

Honestly, using kanji on the computer has been the best thing I've done to learn kanji. My brain only really gets it when it's used in a practical manner. Then I can memorize anything. Context is huge though.

Have you heard of Wanikani? That's also been a huge help in my kanji right now. It's in beta, but it might as well be a finished product.
          I'm planning to use kanji, personally, but I can use less if it helps!
          The one thing I would like to do is keep the posts entirely in kana, if possible. I don't know a lot about computers, but it's fairly easy to get the Japanese keyboard on a microsoft computer? Just go into the language/keyboard settings in the control panel.

EDIT: This link may help?
          Love Interest

Right right right? I learn a lot of weird words/kanji from reading Japanese manga. Not sure when they'll ever be useful but what the heck. Also the Rose of Versailles is teaching me a lot about government and monarchies.
          I haven't! An app or a website?
          Elymnesis

mademoiselle murasaki

Elymnesis

I second that notion. You can memorize words out of a dictionary all day, but there's a good chance you're going to say something strange, or entirely miss a subtle nuance about a word.

My practice at the moment is Fire Emblem Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi. Will I ever use these weaponry/royalty/medieval words in an actual conversation? Probably not. Am I getting real world practice? Absolutely. haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff