Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darling Agent

23,225 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Chaos_Bunny
sobacco
Well then HOW am I supposed to enter tektek contests now? How will I check my net worth.
You know, I had hoped to still go to tektek & play with the avis once Gaia shut down, but I guess they want EVERYONE to sink with them.
This is sad & I am not okay with it.
you can use the dressup in gaia to do avatar contests. The inventory worth was super outdated and wrong. Tekton took down tektek, we dont know the full story, but we do know that gaia wanted to work it and such, but who knows why but tekton took down tektek, yes gaia "started it" but they just wanted the ads down, instead, tekton (not gaia!) took down the whole site.

Pretty much this. As far as we know Gaia only wanted the ads gone, not the entire site since I'm sure the Staff knows how many user tektek provided to GaiaOnline (me, for example), it was Tekton's decision to put it down. I still hope that they will come up with an agreement smile

Mewling Kitten

SuccuViv

God I wish but they are incredibly sloppy so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry not much to add, just wanted to be catty in case some developer is reading ;>_> I want those things Gaia!, improve yourself before you wreck yourself

Yep. If Gaia gave us what Tektek did, I wouldn't be bitching so loudly.
But they aren't. They won't. And they're not letting someone else give
us fun toys either. Like a bully on the playground.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

The Belletrist

Uhh... Have you been reading any of the given info at all? Gaia is trying to keep Tektek running with a few simple terms. The owner of the site is just giving up.

Noble Visionary

15,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
TekTek launched a competitor site that directly began featuring ads on services carrying our intellectual property What site? Where?

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Crystal_Meth13
TekTek launched a competitor site that directly began featuring ads on services carrying our intellectual property What site? Where?

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Tekton was advertising the site he created on Tektek through embedded ads.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."
The Belletrist

couldn't gaia just tektek and run it?
I mean that's how big company always buy out the smaller ones

iiEzio's Senpai

Fashionable Genius

Crystal_Meth13

The recolor.me ad.

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
In light of the new ATS information, if Gaia holds true to such a "promise", that it'd probably create an avatar maker on par with what TekTek offered, I will no longer give a single flying ******** about TekTek itself, so long as the Gaian version:

Isn't a half-assed piece of s**t they tried to rush, with every corner imaginable cut
      Isn't monetized to hell and back (e.g. you can only create one free avatar a day/week/month/etc, any more will cost GC; only a certain number of items can be equipped for free, anything more will require GC to "unlock"; so forth)
      Isn't abandoned and is updated as frequently and quickly as possible

I mean, I've found TekTek's avatar creator, general item database, and inventory calculator to be immensely invaluable over the years, but it seems to me that ever since Gaia started going down hill, so too as TekTek. I mean, unless I am completely missing it or it's tagged wildly incorrectly, I've been waiting months for [The Life Whisperer] to be added to the avatar creator so I could more easily make an avatar with it, and so far, no such luck. And it seems that way with many other items as well. Paired with multiple harddrive failures recently and Tekton immediately giving up (and trying to make it look like Gaia's forcing them to? Am I reading that right?), just let the thing die already.

Stellar Succubus

A gaia equivalent will be up to date.

Bring it on, Gaia. And soon. I dont want this sort of thing left in the hands of an unofficial site anymore.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Woo! Inventory inspector ahoy!

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
The Belletrist
SuccuViv

God I wish but they are incredibly sloppy so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry not much to add, just wanted to be catty in case some developer is reading ;>_> I want those things Gaia!, improve yourself before you wreck yourself

Except if all they wanted were the ads gone, which is reasonable, they're not really bullying. I define bullying as forcing someone to do something with malicious intent. It's been made obvious by the updates that staff didn't really want to do this. It was Tekton's choice to move on and shut down the site rather than solely taking down the ads for Recolor.me

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
Yea, don't get your hopes up about that spew of having the services put on the site.

Look, I love Gaia just as much as the next person but I cannot be a white knight and say that these people are good at giving us features we ask for in a timely manner.

We won't see these features here on Gaia for another year at the earliest unless they've already been working on them and had this whole shut down tektek thing planned out.

So, yea. Don't hold your breath unless you have a death wish, ya feel me.

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
Valkines Cryas

We won't see these features here on Gaia for another year at the earliest unless they've already been working on them and had this whole shut down tektek thing planned out.

This is probably one negative thing that I agree with. The ATS made it sound like they haven't started planning (which makes sense considering they hope that the TekTek will continue in a mutually beneficial way). So even if we do get it, it will be quite an undertaking to plan and implement and even when they do implement it, there will be bugs that need to be worked out.

Timid Smoker

This may have been mentioned in this thread, but I was unable to read all the posts. The main reason why Gaia is issuing a cease and desist on Tektek is because they are starting up a comparable site which is advertised on Tektek. Gaia doesn't want to lose users.

Edit: And the site is not using Intellectual property from Gaia, just benefiting from the Gaia users that go to Tektek to make avis by advertising their new site.

Although to be honest, the other site is pretty cool. Probably going to stop coming on Gaia to go there now that zOMG is gone. No inflation or greediness on the owners' part! Sorry Gaia you still hold a nostalgic part of my heart and it's a shame to see you go in this direction...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff