Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Bear

Good evening to anyone who is reading this, I am Banrion na Beir and am in search of someone to role play with. I can get a wee bit busy, but am usually on at least once a day...or at the very very least thrice a week. I like to chat with my partners, it makes it easier to plot and...I like to chatter, haha.

Ah, a bit about my preferences; I prefer one on one, 'cos otherwise things can get a little crazy.. I like to play male or female characters, I'm well practiced with both, and usually will take whichever role ye wish not to have.
I like romance-y plots, and love-hate relationships.
I like action and adventure in role plays, but can get lost or impatient with it if the scene is too long. I consider myself...I guess literate-ish? Haha, I mostly mirror post length, but can be a bit stubborn if I don't like the size of my own reply. I don't really like threads, I feel odd knowing strangers can read, but am willing to do a thread in a private guild [I'll pay], I also like private messages and email.

I prefer to be messaged, if interested, it's easier to keep track, but ye could also "quote" me on this thread.
I'll post pairings and plots, but don't hesitate to come with your own idea, I'm rather open with most things.

Dapper Bear

Basic Pairing Ideas;
Warning....I've a wee...or rather...very large obsession with pirates, haha, so I have a lot of ideas for them...

Kidnapper x Royalty
Royalty x Commoner/Servant/Knight
Pirate Captain x Captive/Royalty/Stowaway/Mermaid/Bounty hunter/Peasant/Anything[love pirates xD]
Pirate lass x Merman [Plot below]
Ex or current bandit x Runaway royalty/captive
Demon x Human
Arranged marriage of some sort
Rich Man x Poor girl from a small town [have a sort of idea for this one]
Olympian god x Human
Priestess x Demon
Fantasy-Race x Human

-I'd like to do something along the lines of Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, I have a few brief ideas about it, and if anyone's interested we can discuss details.

Plots;
Titles are rubbish, they're just there so it's easier to tell me which ye be referring to if interested.
I'm wishing to do a time travel-ish plot, I have some ideas for it, if ye be interested.

I. The Pirate and the Princess
For a decade and a half, a pirate earning himself the title Sea Wolf has been terrorizing the seven seas, and any port he comes across, helping himself to whatever happens to catch his eye, whether it a ship, treasure, or a woman. Rarely ever did something he wanted slip through his fingers, that was until he came across a young woman [we'll come up with some sort of event together where they meet?]. It bothered him he hadn't obtained her, for the rest of the time they'd been in the town, he found himself searching for her, but to no avail, he didn't see her again in the pubs and docks he spent his time in. The woman he'd set his eyes on was of royalty, being forced in to a marriage she didn't agree with, her betrothed no better than a pirate with the rumors that floated around him that spoke of his ill treatment of anyone that wasn't one of his men, but he was rich, and her father needed his support. She decided, if the marriage would not be cancelled, then she'd escape, disguising herself as a male, and signing on to a ship that happened to be looking for a new cabin boy unaware that it belonged to pirates, or that the captain was the same man from days before.

II. The Merman and the Lady Pirate
Merpeople were things of legends, at least to those who weren't superstitious, but then again, women weren't pirates, and certainly not the captain of their own ships. To the merman king, pirates were to be despised and feared...and when possible, disposed of with their treatment of his ocean and the threat they posed on his kind. He hadn't expected to meet a woman that'd taken up piracy though, and his interest was perked....he couldn't help it, but he hadn't expected something that he thought of as gentle and weak to be able to capture him [we can think of something she could hold over him?].
-This one needs improvement, it's been an idea that's been on my mind for a while though. The idea is, that the mer-lad is captured by a pirate lass, by some form of blackmail, strength, or a weakness he'd have that could be taken advantage of. I think, if ye be interested, with a fair amount of brainstorming, it could be a riot to play out.

III.
She was just a commoner, well, really, less than that, spending her nights in whatever shelter she could find rather than a real home. Her luck seemed to change one day when she was taken from the streets, cleaned up, dressed in the finest of gowns, fed, and offered a great deal of money, enough to have her living comfortably for life, if she did just one thing. The offers was made by a solicitor of some lord who had been betrothed for political reasons. His wife to be had run off though, and rather than cause a war, a replacement had to be found. She was to act as wife to the lord until his real bride could be found. It seemed easy enough, he wasn't even expected to be home, and none thought he'd really take any interest in meeting his young bride. At least until an injury renders him home bound, and unable to leave for some time.

IV.
The crowned prince is under a test to earn his throne. The first task he'd been set out with? Find himself five knights to swear service to him [a knight's of the round table sort of situation, so to speak]. Becoming one of the king's knights was a luxurious position indeed, at least when it came to it's benefits. A large salary, land to call your own, and protection given by the king and your brethren. To serve such a position was said to be many young boy's dream, though only those of nobility could make it a reality.
The leading lady's village had been in trouble for some time, even those of nobility risked starving, so when a tournament was announced with the prize a position as king's knight, her older brother jumped on the opportunity. All seemed well until [some event happened] and he was unfit to compete. Unable to just let their hope of saving their village slip away, she takes his armor and sword and takes his place in the tournament. She wasn't expecting a victory, but by some means of luck [or skill?] she managed an offer to serve the prince. Women aren't allowed to serve as knights though, and she must keep her identity hidden and keep on her act as a man.

V.
As children, they'd been friends, neither caring for status, neither aware that the son of the leader of ruffians and the daughter of the king could never last, but it hadn't mattered. Until their separation was forced by both parents after an accident that revealed their friendship to the king. Years later, the boy had grown and taken command of his father's bandit camp, and she had grown in to a fine princess. The princess' kingdom was in danger though, it hadn't been long since her father's throne was taken over by a tyrant who was keeping her captive, with the intent on forcing her to marry. When she refuses, he decides some sort of scare may help and hires a group of bandits to kidnap her, with the intentions of saving her, or rather, offering to save her, but only if she'd sign the marriage license, ascertaining himself to the throne. However...the bandit he hires happens to be a familiar face. He's changed however, not the same kind boy he'd been all those years ago, and is determined to keep things all business.
[Option two] Same idea for the childhood bit, but the one who takes over the throne is her childhood friend, making their reunion a less than happy one. He's seemed to have forgotten her, and acts cold and often cruel, but she can't seem to forget how he used to be.

VI.
The young lord/prince, had always been a spoiled one, rakish, and vain, taking advantage of his beauty and youth and using it to get what he wanted. He'd gambled his fortune away, and in a revenge by a wicked debtor had been caught in a fire, scarring his once beautiful face irreparably. Even after a long painful recovery, he his himself away in his castle, losing himself to his vain thoughts, he developed a temper, turning near cruel. Without money to pay them, all, but a select few and loyal of his servants either left or were discharged, though only one was allowed to see his face. As if he hadn't thought life wasn't bad enough, his financial situation proved another problem. He needed to marry, someone with money, someone that'd be baited by his title even, he didn't care who, so long as they came with a fortune. He'd no intention of loving her, of even letting her near him, so it wouldn't matter at all who it was.
Despite being an heiress, a rumor by a spiteful suitor had ruined any chance she had of marrying. She'd longed for a real family though, and had gone as far as to hire someone to grant her her wish and was returned with an offer by a penniless lord, one with a rakish reputation at that. She knew it was a marriage for her money, but with all hopes gone, she accepted, but with every intention on making their marriage a real one, and not one in just name.
[Kind of a Beauty and the Beast sort of theme? Elements of it can be changed if ye wish]

I've been recently pushed in to watching the flick Strange Magic, and am quite in love with the plot for any familiar and craving such an idea, or interested in it. I've a few ideas for changes, so we wouldn't be doing anything exact, but I fancy the base plot.

More may be added later,
I'm up to suggestions on pairings and requests for plots as well, just let me know =]

Dapper Bear

User Image

Nothing else comes to mind, open for 'business' I suppose.

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear

Dapper Bear