Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since we have several random poll pokers but no new members, why are people voting exactly?

Because I can! 0.4375 43.8% [ 7 ]
To try and bog down actual votes[doesn't work that way but w/e] 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm not sure about joining but like giving out my opinion 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
I will join..eventually 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
I told you I'm just gold hunting, don't mind me~! 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

Every Meeting is precious and meeting again never certain...
..So always get a name..

Lilty enjoyed her bath for what seemed like ages but had only been a half hour before the water had turned cool and she needed to get out before it grew cold. She unplugged the tub and let it drain before carefully using the rails to lift herself onto her one leg and steady enough to move to where she could then get to the next wall and maneuver onto the toilet. She managed to pull this off without a hitch and carefully settle atop the toilet lid, grabbing her nearby towel. It was routine to have a towel on the sink, ready for after school bathing. She wondered if the school would ensure the dorm had handicap-friendly bathrooms. She figured they would if they didn't want some activist issuing a lawsuit. She dried off and carefully put her prosthetic back on before rising, towel around herself. Not that she worried about being seen in a state of undress by anyone from within the living space, but it was a proper habit to maintain all the same. She returned to her room and put on clean garments to sleep in before curling up on her bed, drawing what covers she had over herself and falling sound asleep.

...something to cement a fragment of existence as acquaintance or friend..

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Next Day

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
In the beginning, I tried to warn you
You play with fire, its gonna burn you
And here we are now, same situation,
You never listen, I never listen

Asher awoke the next day and got ready for school as usual. He then joined his family for breakfast and ate hurriedly before heading back to his room. He packed the essential into a suitcase. He wouldn't come get them til after school but it was best to pack now. As he finished packing, his father called for him and his brothers to hurry to the car. He dashed out of his room, through the house and out to the waiting vehicle. He'd beaten his siblings to it and had the front seat yet again. He was sure that was one luxury the duo would appreciate with him at the dorms though he feared the squabbling his parents would endure. His Mother took the driver's seat, apparently wanting to see him off today. The car was set into motion once all passengers were on board and safely buckled up. The drive to school seemed to pass quicker than usual and once he arrived he gathered his school bags, kissed his mother on the cheek and departed from the vehicle to once more enter the school gates.

He had some time left before the day officially started and decided to visit the headmaster's office and directly turn over his dorm application. He reached the office in maybe fifteen minutes and found the headmaster to be surprisingly relaxed and not in the midst of anything. He gave him a quick but genuine greeting, turned over the documents and left with a polite word of goodbye. He then made a beeline for his first class. It would be rude to be anything but overly punctual on the first day of actual classes. He reached the classroom in maybe three minutes and found a proper seat to settle and carefully put his bag where it would be unobtrusive to students going and from the desks around his. He sat alert for a few minutes before the lulling hum of nothing but the clock ticking and the soft shuffling footfalls outside made him lower his head to his desk and slowly drift into a short nap.

Everybody's hurt somebody before
Everybody's been worn by somebody before
You can change but you'll always come back for more
Its a game and we're all just victims of love

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty awoke and changed quickly into the last outfit she'd ever put on in this tiny hole she'd called home. She grabbed her bag, already stuffed with all her belongings. She took a few moments to brush her hair and make herself look normal before leaving. She reached school after a brisk thirty minutes of jogging. There was still plenty of time. She was met at the gate by the girl who'd been in charge of paperwork at the dorms yesterday and passed a key. Apparently her room number wasn't changing any time soon. She just hoped no one else would be in that room with her. She finished her walk to the building and to her first class. She'd put her things in the dorm that evening. That way she knew it would be safely with her when she met any possible roommates rather than where they could be tossed around by some stranger.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher snapped from his nap as the sound of off beat and noisier footsteps passed his classroom. Sure enough, a blurry glimpse of the usual blonde had him fumbling out of his desk, in hopes to get another shot at getting closer to Lilty, only for the class bell to ring. He forced himself to settle back into his seat as the rest of the students and the teacher all filed in and took their places like actors in a play. The usual first day of class began as it always did. He received a syllabus with the immediate class rules and guidelines for what they'd cover this year. He had fallen into the lull of the teachers voice combined with the soft and occasional sounds of pencils scribbling notes, whether class related or some private babble slipped between girls and slowly nodded off again. The teacher made sure he woke with the lound smack of a ruler and used his reaction to start into the first chapter about reactions and stimuli in their psychology textbooks.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty arrived to her class in time and settled in, taking in the first day lecture. The steady droning of something she already knew was as close to silence as she'd get until the day was over. She took mental notes of anything important and ignored the irrelevant. Once lecturing was through, she received her first assignment and breezed through it after taking a pencil from her bag and setting it furiously to work. She had to maintain her grades to play basketball and maintain her chair as vice. She then found herself with nothing to do for the rest of the time til class was over. She closed her eyes and let the soft scratching of pencils and low whispers fade from her ears and turn to a bleak nothingness.

Minoko was busily copying notes to one of the few notebooks she had. She wanted to laugh a little when the teacher not only woke a sleeping classmate from nighty-night land but used it to start his lecture on stimuli. She focused on the teacher but an occasional glance drifted to the boy. She was vaguely familiar with who he was since he was popular among their classmates for being that kind of overly-friendly dork that makes mean girls laugh and shy girls blush. She fell squarely in the neutral zone. She certainly considered him attractive but not in any shade that would make her swoon. Nor did she find him unappealing enough to just find him annoying. Maybe he'd be an alright friend, if she had any guts about actually making friends. She pushed her reading glasses up and put her focus back to the lesson just as it drew to it's end, giving them free reign for the last few minutes of class.

She wouldn't waste a chance to draw and pulled out her sketchbook. She sketched the occasional expression she found on the faces of her peers, turning them into her own characters. She used one girl's annoyed expression and made the first female character she'd designed, who was pretty much a fictional version of her mom from the stories she was told as a kid. She made the hair and every bit of detail as vivid as her little pencil could on paper. She then looked to the boy again and decide to base a male straight off his current expression and mussy hair. No sense letting a little reality leak into her private works, so long as her peers didn't turn it to ammunition against her. Just the word ammunition made her let out a airy giggle.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher stayed awake til the lecture ended, his cheeks puffed a little in irritation over being used for a lecture prop essentially. He looked around the classroom, smiling and giving little waves to friends. He could remember every name and at least what club they were in since people rarely changed out their clubs since freshman year. Th only except was furiously sketching again across the room. Minoko Yanagi had been the founder for the art club til the student council wanted her as secretary and she couldn't exactly juggle both. He felt sorry for her having to drop her passion for something else, but she never seemed to hate it so he guessed it was ok. He realized she was another person he hadn't interacted with, at least outside of maybe a few chats freshman year when everyone was busy getting names and picking their cliques. He noted that she didn't join a single group, but it didn't seem to be for the same reasons as an icy lady like Lilty would eschew social company. She seemed to do it more as a natural passive survival tactic. He wondered if there was a chance to be friend her, after getting through Lilty's walls of anti-socialness of course. Going after too many people may lead to failure in befriending anyone.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty was finally retrieved from silence by the bell's ringing cutting through the comforting void she'd made in drowning out all of the usual classroom din. She rose and left, heading for her next class with quick and steady strides. She kept her usual icy stare pointed ahead, warding off anyone who might consider approaching. She felt relieved that yesterday might just have been a fluke and her normal routine would once more take over. She felt herself even smile a little on the inside, though her cold poker face remain firm externally. She reached the next classroom and took her seat, ready for more bouts with lectures and homework that she'd zip through without a single fledgling feeling of anxiety.

Minoko heard the bell just as she'd put the finishing touches on the Asher based elven character. She decided to name him Wick, as if to be her own little joke. She gathered her materials and filed out of the classroom just like everyone else. She felt a smile tugging at her lips and let it show, though not wide enough to make it an obvious point.

She muttered a few pleasant greetings to some of her passing peers as she made her way to her next class. She felt safe in the steady passage of daily classes and the common knowledge that they still had a year before worrying about end exams and post-primary education. She wasn't sure she could be like the strong and proud seniors she'd seen this year.

Especially not tough like the blond whom she passed as she continued past the geometry classroom and onto the French classroom. Lilty had been a secret role model for Minoko, particularly in the fact she never seemed to let any minor faults or failures stop her from doing what was important to her. Minoko, despite her temper, was still a pushover when it came to authority and student council was more or less a big authority on campus next to the staff and headmaster of course.

She made it to the classroom and settled for the seat nearest to the exit. She felt safe near the windows or the halls, where she could people watch and not seem odd or at least not any more odd than usual. She took out her notebook she'd divided to French and Health and Welfare, making sure French took up the first half so it matched her schedule. She then plopped her sketchbook over it and continued working on her character sketches while she awaited the lesson for the day to start

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher left and followed his classmates out once the bell had rung. HE saw both the girls he was going to befriend in front of him and a determine smirk crossed his lips. He followed the flow to his next class, losing Lilty at the Geometry classroom. He noted that he and Minoko were both bound for the French classroom. He passed her chosen seat upon entering and took the one far opposite of her. He figured it was best to maintain his routine for now. Focus on one person at a time and build them each gradually. Besides he had a whole other year to spend around Minoko so the only one to worry over was the would-be-graduate Lilty.

He settled int his chair, closing his eyes, trying to pick up on his nap from the earlier class til the lecture started and he snapped awake. He wasn't going to have round two of being made a spectacle in front of the class. He actually took out his notebook and took notes. A side-long glance at Minoko showed she was hard at work with her own thing. He had to appreciate her way of working even if it dissimilar from his own habits.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty focused her attention on the teacher the moment class was underway. She tried her hardest not to zone back into her muted world. She didn't want the risk of not catching some small detail that the teacher would use for a pop quiz. The particular teacher was notorious for pop quizzes. Speak of which, as soon as he'd finished what amounted to the first five sample problems in their textbooks the teacher had lifted papers off his desks that were no doubt pop quizzes on what miniscule material they'd just covered. She was certain there would also be questions pertaining to other math classes mixed in just to be completely sure of a students mathematical skills. Sure enough, a few Algebra and Calculus questions were amid the Geometry.

She moved through each, calculations etched carefully to the side to ensure she would at least not lose score points for the absence of work even if she didn't get every problem correct. Math was always a bit of a weak point for her academically.By the time the teacher halted them, she'd filled in all problems though she wasn't sure if she'd gotten the trick calculus question right. She had to wonder just what source he used for these quizzes and if she could find it and use it afterschool to prepare her for any more pop quizzes. the teacher collected their quizzes and it was back to lecture time. She breathed a low sigh and once more put her attention to the things spoken and scrawled on the marker board at the front of the class.

Minoko listened and took notes as the French teacher went through a refresher lesson. She'd taken French I the year before but had failed enough quizzes to bog down her score to failing and led her to retake the class. She made mental notes not to take French II her senior year. She doodled occasionally to the side of her notes, trying to put pictures to words and phrases in hopes of easier understanding and association.

She wondered if her mother ever had to study French. She supposed she might have to deal with foreign allies or question foreign enemies. Just the picture of her character trying to question an enemy spy in broken French made her softly giggle. Unfortunately it was soft enough to avoid detection and the teacher shot her a stern look "If you have time to laugh, then surely you can tell me the word for light in French?" Minoko fumbled for the word. It wasn't in her new notes and she'd given the old notebook to a Freshman who was taking the class the same period. She bite her lip before finally giving a defeated "..I don't know" The teacher shook her head "Can someone en-light-en Miss Yanagi on the proper French term for light?"

She waited and glanced around the classroom, hoping she wasn't the only one without an answer. Actually she prayed no one else would have the answer so she wouldn't feel more burning shame than she already did.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher had gotten fairly into the lecture and had kept decent notes til a girly giggle from the opposite side of the classroom apparently broke the teacher's lecture-trance and a sudden pop quiz questioned pointed to the offending party, who was surprisingly Minoko Yanagi. He wondered just what could have gotten her to giggle during a French class lecture. He also knew the answer to the teacher's question but also knew the suffering of being embarrassed in the midst of class by attention being drawn to oneself. So that answer was staying locked up. Let someone else risk further embarrassing the poor girl and possibly get a shot of her rumoured temper. He waited out the silence hoping the teacher would get tired of waiting before anyone answered.

Do not speak sweet words to me.
Do not try to say you understand me.
Do not even dare think you know me at all.
You don't know a damn thing about me.

Lucifer Whitmore

This morning seemed to drag on for Lucifer. He had a pounding headache from his stepmother's nagging the night before and it prevented him from getting an acceptable amount of sleep. Now, he was sitting in the French I class, taking notes and listening to a teacher whom he wished would be a bit quieter. He was sitting in one of the back rows, which made him almost invisible to the teacher. He heard a small giggle from the front and was wondering who in the world could be making that noise. His silver eyes scanned the classroom and locked onto the person when the teacher asked the girl for the French word for light.

He recognized her as Minoko Yanagi, the Secretary of the Student Council. When she replied that she didn't know, the teacher asked the rest of the classroom for the French word for light. He knew the answer to the question, but didn't feel like answering it. The headache was further keeping him from being social. He wrote the last of the notes on the board and waited in silence. He had to admit, the silence was welcomed, very welcomed. He put his arms up on the desk and stared at the blackboard, waiting for the class to continue.

I am trapped within the darkness.
It wants my heart and my soul to be stripped out of me.
Do you dare put yourself on the dark path
And pull me back into the light of this hellish world?

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Minoko watched the teacher continue to look around the classroom before shaking her head, disappointed in that it seemed no one knew the answer. Minoko wondered if wasn't more of a case of no one wanted to volunteer the answer and be the center of attention. The teacher turned back to the board and began writing. Once she seemed satisfied with what she'd written she turned back to the class and spoke " Since no one can come up with the answer verbally, we'll see who knows this way! and stabbed the board with her chalk piece for emphasis.In big letters the word quiz was printed on the board.

She could hear a small chorus of groans "Anyone want to give a verbal answer and stave their peers the dull fate of a written test? Minoko fidgeted in her seat. Now she wasn't going to just have the shame of not knowing the answer but may as well be the cause for a pop quiz. She half had the urge to make an angry outburst and half wanted to flee for a good hiding place She glanced around the classroom and swore she saw a few angry glares pointed her way. She took a breath and glanced around again, pleading for someone, anyone to give her a clue or to answer and keep the threat of a quiz and further damnation off her shoulders. Why couldn't I remember and avoid this all together?! was the only thing playing on repeat in her mind as further silence flowed sans the teacher tapping her foot impatiently, ready to turn and retrieve the no doubt already printed and ready quiz copies to pass out.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher watched the teacher's display to goad them into answering verbally. Then he noticed the way Minoko looked and decided that answering was better than not "Lumière!" The teacher turned his way and smiled "Well done mister Hale! Seems the threat of writing is enough to jar an answer loose from at least one person in this room" He breathed a relieved sigh as the teacher went back to her original lecture. He glanced towards Minoko and could see a wave of relief overtake her nervous expression. That made it all worth the possible crap he'd get from some of their peers later. He settled back into taking notes with a smile across his lips. He'd at least made one of his would-be friends happy today.

Anxious Rabbit

xxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                    It's Hiding In The Dark ๑๑xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    It's Teeth Are Razor Sharp *
                                                    There's No Escape For Me
                                                    It Wants My Soul It Wants My Heart ↘↘xxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxNo One Can Hear Me Scream Maybe It's Just A Dream

Eden&&AdenLocke

Hopping out the car, Eden dragged her duffle bag out of the back seat of her grandmothers car. "Hurry Aden..! You're making us late!" She yelled at her brother who gave their grandmother a kiss on the cheek before stepping out himself and tossing his bag over his shoulder. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Bye grandma!" Aden had a grin on his face as he waved before catching up to his sister who was dragging her bag on the ground from the amount of art supplies she packed in there. He leaned forward and scooped up her bag with ease and tossed that over his other shoulder. "Now you're making us late," He snickered with his goofy grin. Eden puffed out her cheeks as she quickened her pace to get a head of him. "You made us a day late," The girl was relatively shorter than her brother. He stood at 5'10" and she.. She stood at 5'3".

Aden glanced around the school as the two walked towards the main entrance of the school to search for the office to get their things. The two were late since Aden had received a lecture from their grandfather for slipping up on his lessons their grandfather gave him. The two were new to the school, even the area, so things were different than what they were used to. Eden opened up the door to the office and held it open for her brother only long enough for his to get halfway through before walking away to the counter. She peeked over and lightly tapped the counter with her hand as if she was knocking on a door and cleared her throat. "Excuse me, my brother and I are kind of late and were wondering if we could get our things here before heading to class," She asked, the woman looked away from the computer and looked between the two before asking for their names. It took a while to get the things since Eden was being rather skeptical about what the woman was doing, but Aden calmed her a bit by taking over.

After awhile, the two set off to their dorms, dropped off their things before finding each other again. "What class do you have?" Aden asked, looking down at his schedule as he walked by her side. "Physics," Eden answered, trying to memorize each class. "Alright, I'll take you there," The moment he said that, Eden snapped and told him she was fine on her own, then the two went back and forth, bickering along the way to Eden's class. Before she realized it, she was at her class and her brother's hand on her head as a way of saying "Did it anyways," with a goofy grin on his face as he walked away. Eden peeked inside the room and the teacher was in the middle of a lecture before noticing her. "Who might you be?" He demanded, glancing her over as she walked in. "Ahem.. I am Eden Locke, I just arrived on campus," She calmed introduced herself, closing the door behind her. He looked her over once more for telling her to find a seat, which she did the moment she was given the chance.

Aden on the other hand, took his time as he walked, taking in the scenery to remember the area as he walked towards his French class. Not long after, he arrived at his class and gently knocked on the door before opening it slowly, interrupting the teacher in the middle of her lecture. His first instinct was to try his best and slip by her to get to his seat, but he just arrived and didn't want to already be hated by his new teacher. "Excuse me," He spoke up, slipping inside and closing the door. "I'm Aden Locke, I just arrived and wanted to introduce myself instead of disturbing the class any further," He had a rather serious face, a blank expression to make it seem as if he wasn't interested.

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ooc;; im cutting this short here >.< otherwise i'll continue going a little longer..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff