Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since we have several random poll pokers but no new members, why are people voting exactly?

Because I can! 0.4375 43.8% [ 7 ]
To try and bog down actual votes[doesn't work that way but w/e] 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm not sure about joining but like giving out my opinion 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
I will join..eventually 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
I told you I'm just gold hunting, don't mind me~! 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 >

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
✿It's that time✿
Some may love it, some dread it
But we all remember it
High school
that last stretch before stepping into the hard life of an "adult"
A time to make friends
To laugh
To cry
To fall in love
To fight
And most importantly
To make and keep memories to hold to our hearts years and years after
So please come, take a step into our little highschool
Fill our halls with your story and leave with your own book full of memories, both bitter and sweet

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
-School Regulations-
1) No God-moding (i.e. No "OMG! Everyone drops at my feet and loves and worships me" and trying to make it so all other players characters do exactly that regardless of the players' wishes). No cybering either, all 18+ content is left to imaginations of the players~!

2)Please keep myself and other players informed if you are going to be absent or at the very least mention what to do in case you become inactive without warning. Please also tell me if you have to drop the roleplay for whatever reason so I may take care of your character and any situation they were involved in pre-departure from the roleplay.

3) Make sure you have at least four lines per post. More is up to you, less is not necessarily accepted more than twice and only within good reason
[ I will try to add NPCs and other things to keep action going, though I will have absentee days and I apologize in advance for that ^^' ]

4)Send profiles with the subject "Young Memory Collector- (insert Male or Female depending on characters gender) [this helps me keep track of how many of each gender character we have and maintain balance] and include a cat_razz to prove to me you read the rules~!

5)Have fun and keep drama to PMs either to me or the other person involved and out of the roleplay~!

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
-To join this school-
Go here please! I will add all necessary materials over there so this can solely be for the actual roleplay

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

Every Meeting is precious and meeting again never certain...
..So always get a name..

Lilty stood out in the midst of the school grounds, looking over the building. This wasn't her first year here and she stood calmly surveying the school grounds. She took a deep breath and headed for the main entrance. She pushed the door open carefully and walked inside. The scent of paint seemed to permeate the building. She was sure this was because of the last minute banners made for orientation. She made her way to the auditorium, where the usual ceremony would be held. She felt a soft sigh slip from her as her metal prosthetic rubbed against her still flesh and bone other leg. This would be her last year before all the mayhem of getting into the world and figuring out what she would do with the rest of her life.

She entered the auditorium and found a spot near the exit that seemed the most appropriate given her leg and her personal disposition. She settled in quickly and quietly and let the silence surround her. The other students hadn't made it yet and she had a whole auditorium of infinite silence all to herself. She closed her eyes and began to nod off. Then the sound of footsteps roused her from her short lived rest and reminded her there were other students to contend with. She contorted her face in the least friendly expression she could muster and most students seemed to get her disinterest in anyone getting near her. Once the majority had taken seats far and awat from her, she relaxed again though she wondered just how long before she would have to deal with someone sitting near her, if nothing else than out of necessity. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the low, dull chatter that had risen in place of the silence.

...something to cement a fragment of existence as acquaintance or friend..

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
In the beginning, I tried to warn you
You play with fire, its gonna burn you
And here we are now, same situation,
You never listen, I never listen

Asher entered the school and made his way to the auditorium with a smirk. Once he was inside, he scanned for a vacant spot. He saw scattered gaps amid cliques but a particular spot near a blonde girl caught his attention. Her features were beautiful if strickingly cold and unfriendly. A perfect challenge! He carefully moved through the one of the walkways of an empty row before sneaking back up the side and down til he was right next her and plopped down "Hey there" he said with his friendliest smile. He awaited her reaction, while listening for the telltale start of the usual start of the year spiel.

Everybody's hurt somebody before
Everybody's been worn by somebody before
You can change but you'll always come back for more
Its a game and we're all just victims of love

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty had finally gotten accustom to tuning out the chatter when the sound of the chair beside her creaking and a male voice greeting her broke her happy silence. She turned to see what appeared to be a junior with orange eyes smiling at her as though he was trying to melt frost with the glare from his overly cheery expression. She mentally cussed and muttered a half-hearted hello before looking the opposite direction and closing her eyes as if to hopefully ward off further conversation.

She highly doubted this tactic would work on such an obviously friendly and oblivious fellow, but anything was better than trying to feign interest in conversing or moving and risk a new chatterbox trying to pry at her with social niceties. She wanted the sound of the headmaster voice to fill the auditorium already and save her from this situation. Or better yet, to simply get away with leaving. But that option was gone with the ever present teachers monitoring the doorways, ensuring only students with legitimate reasons left and would promptly come back. Afterall, must let the headmaster waste his breath with one less student to memorize whatever drivel he had prepared for this year's freshmen to bask in and elate those who'd been there for a few years. She stole a quick glance back to the young man, and sure enough, he was still giving his best excited puppy impression. She recognized his face from previous years of passing in the halls, but never knew nor wanted to know his name. Why now had he suddenly decided to thrust himself into her personal bubble and try to socialize with her? She hadn't the faintest clue nor was she sure she wanted any.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher heard her reply and his smile grew a little, though not enough to be creepy. He was glad to at least have gotten a few words out of her before she did a typical move to try and rebuff further conversation. Nothing but a flag of challenge to Asher! "You're Lilty Matsumodo, right? I watched you on the court last year and you were incredible!" He figured this wouldn't be enough to break her guard, but a girl like her certainly would appreciate someone recognizing her talents in a field she seemed passionate about. He then put his arm around her shoulders, forgetting any bit of tact he was aiming for with his words. He was well aware of the risk of possible bodily harm, but figured it more likely she'd shake him off given there was enough teachers around that she'd be in deep for any semblance of violence.

He took the silence as a moment to further examine her features, at least what was visible at the angle she'd taken and under the low lighting of the auditorium. Her golden locks were just long enough to be boyishly girly without being too short to tie up. Her figure, even with her current posture, showed her interest in athleticism without being overly brawny. Her eyes, what glimpses he'd had of them, were a lovely shade of green that seemed to draw attention and focus despite the pointedly unfriendly stares they were usual contorted into. But they looked the most graceful when she was playing basketball. He could help but think of her as a graceful warrior princess, poised and cold yet passionate about something so fiercely that all other nasty dispositions and sentiments were put aside to accomplish that one important aim that stoked that passion in her eyes and probably heart.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty heard the male's voice once more, this time addressing her by name and complimenting her performance as a basketball player last year. She was surprised he knew her by name, though not that he'd seen her play as it was common for students to watch the team, especially during home games. She gave a small "hm" of acknowledgement, trying not to give him more than a faint scrap of a reply. However the now obvious sensation of his arm around her shoulders made her shift until the weight was no longer felt, then promptly grab the cuff of his shirt and politely move his arm out from behind her and back to the arm rest of his seat. She wasn't going to have him get all touchy feel-y just because he knew her name and had watched her play basketball.

The welcomed sound of static came through the auditorium speakers and soon followed the headmaster's voice. She was right about his speech, cliche supposedly inspirational babble that intended to by hip but fell short and flat on it's 'face'. She noted that the boy no longer seemed to be bothering her and mentally thanked the timing of this boring precession finally getting underway. The other usual speeches were a blur until they were dismissed. Given it was the first day, they didn't have regular classes and were simply allowed to roam the halls. This was mainly to give new freshman a day to memorize their classes, quickest routes between them and familiarize themselves with the campus itself. Rumors circulated about on campus housing, as they had the previous years, but whether or not it was in the funding budget had always been the factor halting the project. Another rumor was uniforms, something Lilty herself wouldn't mind as it meant set utilitarian clothes and a decreased need to try and find various pieces of her own to wear, wash and interchange to keep herself from being targeted by annoying cliques. Not that playing basketball and her general lack of interest for socializing didn't already alienate her, but she didn't wish to further fuel the fire if she could help it.

She left her seat and promptly followed the flow out of the auditorium, her prosthetic reminding her why she didn't like sitting in there for very long. Sitting at desks were never as obnoxious as the cramped seating in the auditorium. She decided to head for the gym and get in a little practice before the official leave school bell kicked in. She was surprised there weren't any freshmen in the gym nor in the locker-room upon her arrival to both. Maybe there weren't that many freshmen in P.E. this year? She doubted that, probably more likely still visiting the main classrooms or being chatted up by clubs looking to score new members. She unloaded her bag from her shoulder, pulled out her gym clothes and changed into them carefully. Then she pulled an alternate prosthetic from her bag.It was light weight one designed specifically for her athletic activities. She dislodged her stump from the metal one and slide on the light one while carefully balancing. Once it was firmly set and she'd done the walk test to ensure it was properly in place and didn't have any problems before heading back into the gym. She did a few quick stretches before starting laps around the gym. This was standard training for her. A run then some dribbling practice then another set of laps then practicing shots. She only practiced passes when there was an actual team practice and actual team mates who knew well enough to focus on the training and not pointlessly yammer about anything that was irrelevant to her.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher listened halfheartedly to the head master's speech before following the crowd out once they were dismissed. He'd lost track of Lilty in the process of getting out of the auditorium. He wasn't really sure what to do. There wasn't much point in practicing and he knew they school well enough not to need to find his classrooms. He didn't have any ideas except leave early and that didn't sound like a fun plan since going home early meant dealing with chores. Maybe he'd find one of his peers and chat them up til it was ok to leave. Or he could go see if Lilty was where he thought the blond might be. It may be a little pushy to follow her around but he sincerely wanted to see her open up before she left this place. She seemed like she needed someone to push her in that respect and it was just the kind of challenge he wanted without being too much work. He decided to head to the gym using the stairs to the bleachers. That way he could watch for her without any chance of putting himself in the direct path of her or anyone else using the gym. He reached the stairs and scaled them in a heartbeat before coming into the hall just under the seating and followed it to the first entry out into the bleachers. He found a convenient spot to sit for a moment and scan the gym below. Sure enough, she was down there and going through the motions of a typical practice. He watched her eyes every lap she came straight towards his spot before a turn into the next lap of the gym. The admirable passion in her eyes was burning brightly again and he decided to settle for watching until it was time to leave. Maybe watching her train would give him a glimpse into just what might crack her icy exterior and remove her facade of wanting nothing to do with people.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty was done with running after at least fifteen laps. She came to a halt and rested hunched over. Despite her figure, she still got winded if she pushed her body too far. Once she'd caught her breath, she straightened and gave her prosthetic another quick check to make sure the run hadn't dislodged it or shifted it in an uncomfortable way. Once that was done she made her way to the supply closet, retrieved a basketball and reemerged into the gym.
Once she got to the outer corner of the gym, she took up her usual stance and began dribbling. At first stationary before slowly walking it forward then steadily picking up pace all the while trying to keep the ball in her control. she managed half a lap of running before losing control of the ball and a grumbled curse escaped her. She chased after the ball, picked it up once it had stopped and then returned to the spot she'd lost it and started again. It was in this short pause that she felt a small chill. She looked around the lower part of the gym and saw no one else. But when she looked up towards the bleachers, she spotted a figure sitting and apparently watching. She wondered if it was some lost freshman but made no attempt to call out to the figure. She hoped they'd grow bored and go do something else. She started dribbling again and once more got into the rhythm of her training.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher continue silently observing Lilty's training with a smile. He watched her fumble during hr dribble practice then suddenly look around before looking straight at him for a moment. He resisted the urge to wave or cat call as she quickly put her focus back into training. However a yawn got the better of him and the small noise that came with it echoed through the mostly quiet gym, mixing with the steady thuds of the basketball as it slammed between one of Lilty's hands and the floor beneath. He rose and stretched, figuring it was safe to leave her to it before his presence became too much of a bother. he headed back through the hall and down the steps, meeting some of his peers at the bottom and chatting for a bit before the bell sounded, telling them the first day was more or less over and to find their way elsewhere.

He headed outside and noticed the old building next door that was to be the dorm building now hung a banner saying it was ready to house students and welcomed them to come in. He decided it was good to go check it out now that he was no longer bound to the main building. He pushed open the front door and carefully shuffled through the small crowds that had gathered there before him. It seemed there was a line for registry and a document that anyone under eighteen had to turn over to their guardian for approval. Made sense, since not every family is comfortable with shuffling their child into a dorm. He took a place in the line and waited quietly for his chance to get the paperwork and give it a once over. He wasn't sure his parents would agree but at least the dorms weren't mandatory like he thought they'd be.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty heard the bell but didn't halt her training. She knew there would probably be more basketball team members coming in, probably bringing freshmen to try and get them to join. She finished her dribble practice and began working on her shots, starting from close to the basket. She needed to keep up her momentum in practice or she could lose the main thing still driving her to get through school. She made several successful baskets right up til she hit the center of the gym. It was then the sound of people coming distracted her. One of the freshmen approached her beaming and told her about the new dorms. She tilted her head to the side. So they'd finally implemented it. Before she could tell the kid to go see it by themselves and get the basketball, the younger student was dragging her out of the gym and out of the building "See? See? It's like one of those stories!" Lilty didn't want to burst the kid's bubble but a dorm on this campus would be nothing like the stories of dorms in nonsensical young adult lit.

Still, it was interesting to know the school actually got around to finish fixing that building into a proper dorm again. She wondered if it was going to be required. Not that being required to stay in a dorm would bug her, unless she had to stay with another student. Then there would be a big problem. She managed to shake off the overly friendly freshman and returned inside and to the ladies locker room. She changed her clothes and switched back to her other prosthetic, tucking the light one back into her bag. She then left the locker room and headed back outside. She decided it was good to see just what the old dorm building was like now. She made her way towards it with her mind swimming with a few questions she doubted would be answered.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher finally got to the head of the line and picked up the paperwork. He moved aside and looked them over. They were simple enough and after finding a spot he filled out the one he was required to. Now there was only the task of convincing his parents to let him live outside the house. It wasn't like his siblings needed him as they were old enough to not require supervision and his chores certainly weren't anything they couldn't divide either between themselves or his siblings. He pulled his cellphone from his pants pocket and called his parents. He explained about the day and then brought up the subject of the dorms. His mother, who was on the other end, hurriedly told him they'd discuss it at home and to wait out in front of the school for them He hung up and left the building, heading for the spot his mother told him to wait at.

Along the way he spotted Lilty and decided to take a detour long enough to surprise hug her then dash off once more to the spot outside the school gates where his parents usually picked him up. He had a driver's license but didn't utilize it for more than errand running or goofing off. driving to school seemed unsafe and parking was a pain. And it didn't help his parents needed the vehicles most days and only rarely let him borrow one or the other for those occasional errands. Goofing off was done in a friend's car and generally only if the friend's parents felt generous in loaning out their vehicles. He met his father, looking tired as always, and climbed into the vehicle and onto the passenger seat. He buckled up, shut the door and thy headed home, mumbled a few words about their day and the coming topic of his chances at getting to stay in the dormitory.

Roaming Kitten

14,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100

..So always get a name..

Lilty had almost made it to the building when a surprise embrace not only jarred her off course but onto her rear. She saw the retreating frame as none other than the male from the auditorium. She got up and brushed off her clothes with a heavy sigh before finishing her trip to the dorm building. Inside, the crowds were surprisingly small and sparse, at least compared to what she thought she may deal with. She filed in line to get paperwork and retrieved the documents upon her turn. She didn't need a guardian waver given her current age. She filled out the paperwork promptly and returned it to the girl in charge of gathering the paperwork to turn over to the head master. The girl then turned over a small key-chain with the number 16 on it. She took that as her assigned dorm number, at least until the paperwork had been sent through. She would have to check the dorm out later, but for now she would leave. She had to get back to her little 'home' and prepare for moving into the dorms tomorrow.

She left with the key-chain newly attached to her bag. A temporary fix until she could get a small bracelet to act as her key carrier. She exited the school gates and walked to the right a few blocks before stopping in a little and rather run-down house. She entered silently. There was no one to greet. She didn't live with anyone. She once lived with a doctor after her accident since her parents weren't around after the accident, but he'd gone too with time. She headed to the back and packed up what clothes she had. She only left out what was essential for tomorrow. She then took most of her clothes off til only her undergarments remained. She them headed for the bathroom. Despite the exterior, the bathroom was still in fairly good condition and had built in rails so Lilty could bathe by herself. she settled on the edge of the tube and removed her remaining garments followed by her prosthetic. She then waved the nub back and forth a few times. Sometimes she swore it was like her leg was still whole and carried the same weight. She then swung herself around so her legs were in the tub. She turned on the water and adjusted the tempurature before plugging the tub. She then carefully lowered herself into the tub and soaked in the warm bath water. She could unwind here, in her perfect solitude.

Fuzzy Businessman

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Asher and his father arrived home, parked the car and exited. Lamost immediately his younger siblings greeted him and he reciprocated before meeting gazes with his mother. She seemed less cheery than his siblings and he understood why. He was asking to essentially move out, something mothers like his just weren't comfortable with. After carefully moving his brothers aside he approached his mother and hugged her.

Once the embrace ended they all entered the house and settle on various chairs and couches and chairs in the living room. The discussion of his residing the dorms got off to a rocky start but with some haggling he got them both to agree. His siblings weren't happy with the idea that he wouldn't be living with them most days anymore. His mother was the most distressed though and made sure to hug him at least ten times before supper and at least five after. And of course she kissed him on the forehead as she had done since he was small before he curled up in his bed and fell asleep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items