Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many of you subscribe to Gaia AutoCash for one of the following reasons?

If the developers claimed they were working on a new game title similar to zOMG! 0.28 28.0% [ 7 ]
If the developers offered closed beta access to a game title similar to zOMG! 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
You wouldn't subscribe to Gaia AutoCash no matter the relevance to zOMG! (Please tell me your reasons!) 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
I would prefer not to spend money on GaiaOnline for reasons of my own. 0.32 32.0% [ 8 ]
I'm already subscribed to Gaia AutoCash. 0.08 8.0% [ 2 ]
See my response post below. 0.16 16.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
"I made most of my friends on zOMG! and now it's gone..."

Before I get to the question at hand I just want to say that I am aware that zOMG! has been gone for a long while now. I'm not attempting to revive zOMG! and this is not a petition thread. Gaia Staff has made it clear that zOMG! will not be returning due to an exploit that would compromise all of our accounts. (A reference can be provided on request.)

I am a returning user who has been back to GaiaOnline for about 2 weeks now.

Now then, just out of curiosity... How many of you would subscribe to Gaia AutoCash if the developers released a beta for a game such as zOMG! 2 or zOMG! Reloaded? Also please remember I'm merely speculating. This post is designed to feed my own curiosity.

This question popped into my head based on the way the gaming market operates these days by selling games in beta to raise money in order to develop the full title. You can participate on the poll or leave your comments below.
I still wouldn't sign up. Never have, never will. Please remember I'm on my mule and wanted to answer this but was lazy to switch accounts.

Demonic Hellraiser

11,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I love zOMG and would if they promised to make something similar to it I'd definitely get the auto cash to help fund gaia xD

Garbage

Gaia has some problems it needs to iron out before I'd be willing to give them my money again.

Many of which non-staff are not ranked high enough to know if said problems are being dealt with, so I'd have to made a staff member again, and I'm not going back down that road unless I can pay my bills with it.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
In the words of Babette,

"I have been burned by you before."
Yeah, zOMG! rings are worthless now. What they should do is tie them into the new marriage feature.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
I, unfortunately, got to experience zOMG very little. I know a lot of people liked it, but it just didn't 'wow' me. I'd like to see something similar, maybe a little more in-depth and interesting, but I don't know if I'd give Gaia my money to make it.

Gaia lost my confidence a long time ago. I've been a member here, granted on and off, since nearly the beginning. And in my humble opinion, Gaia's priorities have fundamentally shifted from providing a fun, good site to becoming a money grabbing machine. They make enough revenue, I'm sure, to fund making any sort of reincarnation of zOMG if they so desired.

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I remember a time when there were over 100,000 Gaians on at one time -- and it was a normal, daily thing. I would think that zOMG! had to do a great deal with the active Gaian population.

I admit it's strange that they would take down zOMG! considering the fact that more users means more advertisements viewed which results in a greater income from advertising.

Still without financial transparency from GaiaOnline we are limited to mere speculation. Staff claimed it had nothing to do with money which I tend to believe; it's not that I have faith or lack of in Gaia's staff, I just understand how the coding world works.

If the exploit required so much coding as claimed by Gaia's staff, the game would take significantly longer to download. Other issues would and could arise from excess code including significant additional lag. Of course that is also dependent on how many alterations are made to the client side of the code.

Again, all this is my own speculation; more specifically me thinking aloud.

Personally I feel like even if they had to implement a read only code so that people could play zOMG! for no rewards, GaiaOnline would still have the active user population they once had. I don't exactly recommend this option but I do prefer it to zOMG being nearly completely erase aside from what was transferred over to Gaia Towns 2.

I would subscribe to GaiaOnline again if it offered a beta to a game similar to zOMG! simply because I enjoyed making friends through zOMG!. zOMG! was probably and arguably the best way to make friends on GaiaOnline and without that GaiaOnline has become that much less social.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff