Welcome to Gaia! ::

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Fuq, idk what's wrong with me. I type in the dark on my home computer and am usually fine. This morning, I couldn't find the home row to save my life. I was typing all over the place. I whipped out a flashlight like an old person. neutral

Anyway, recommend me a keyboard that has lights on/around/below/wherever the keys so I can see what buttons I'm pressing! emotion_omnomnom

Also, pls don't let the keyboard remind me of the one I use everyday at work which is a Joe-generic black Dell with hard ugly buttons.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I understand most keyboards are black and the buttons may be hard, so it's fine if that's your recommendation, but I really don't want to be reminded of work. sweatdrop

Also, I don't want to spend too much. Like maybe a max of $125. Maybe max max max of $150? I'm hoping for under $100 though. sweatdrop
Robert Ramos
This morning, I couldn't find the home row to save my life. I was typing all over the place.
Pro tip: The letters F and J have tactile bumps on them. That's where your index fingers are supposed to rest.

Get a Ducky Shine if you really need lights. (And get it with MX White switches if you don't like noise.)

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
psychic stalker
Robert Ramos
This morning, I couldn't find the home row to save my life. I was typing all over the place.
Pro tip: The letters F and J have tactile bumps on them. That's where your index fingers are supposed to rest.

Get a Ducky Shine if you really need lights. (And get it with MX White switches if you don't like noise.)
Thanks. I'll look into it. 3nodding
Depends on your budget. There are plenty of keyboards that have LEDs on them, most of them are mechanical too.

I personally use a Razer BlackWidow Mechanical keyboard for gaming. A logitech G710 might be something to consider too.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

I can't say how good it is since I've never used it, but check out this beauty.

User Image

9,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
personally, I use the Gigabyte Aiva Osmium at home and it works well.

Dangerous Knife

Logitech G Series

Dapper Mage

Currently using a steelseries apex raw, good membrane keyboard with multiple levels of lighting for the keys. Comfortable layout if you like the spacing of standard Microsoft keyboards.

High-functioning Daredevil

15,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Probably... Very few of the Razer keyboards. The DeathStalker is okay, but it'll stay the same green color unlike the Chroma series.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

I can't say how good it is since I've never used it, but check out this beauty.

User Image

I have that exact same keyboard, cherry mx reds and all. If you've never used a mechanical keyboard before, I'd suggest getting one with browns, because the reds have no feedback at all. Once you get used to it, it's pretty good (although I still make more typos on this bad boy than I ever did on my regular keyboard), but it's a great piece of hardware!

The LEDs are kinda dim though. I'd almost suggest a Logitech G910 - and if you're on a Mac, the Corsair configuration utility doesn't work anyway.

Too bad I saw this now. Frys had a sale saturday where you get a g710+ with blue switches for $59 :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff