Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, LI... I'm back. Again.

I'm sure some of you will recognize me, but here's some quick background information. My girlfriend of a year and a half broke up with me in November after her little cousin unexpectedly passed away and she explained that she was physically and emotionally unable to commit to a relationship. What started out as a mutual breakup soon got very hurtful, however, as she started to text me on and off looking for sex and putting me down. Some months went by where I didn't hear from her at all. Then I would hear from her again, usually while she was drunk, on and off with a simple "I miss you" or a "What's up?" to which I would answer but never receive a reply back on her end. About two weeks ago, her aunt, who I was quite close to, re-added me on Facebook out of the blue. Then, about a week ago, my ex started texting me again. Full conversations this time, catching up. Then she added me on a bunch of social media apps. This past Friday night, drunk, she admitted that she still loved me and hasn't stopped thinking of me, but needed time to fix herself and wasn't ready to see me or hear from me. After that, she asked me out for dinner. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen her since Halloween but it felt like no time at all had passed. It felt like coming home. When she got off the train and saw me for the first time, she came in for a kiss, which I pulled away from to her shock. Throughout the day, too, she would say things that confused the hell out of me. For example, we got to talking about babies and she told me she wanted to name her future daughter "Ipanema". Jokingly, I responded with, "You're setting her up to be a stripper. That Harvard degree is going to be used on pole dancing." She responded, "I'm glad you know I want my kids to go to Harvard. ...Well, our kids." Another time, we were talking about how much the city I'm from is gentrifying. She responded, "Perfect. In a few years, we'll be able to get an apartment there." She said some other things, too, along the same lines implying a future together. She also confided in me about a girl she was seeing while we weren't together who'd recently dumped her. As much as it hurt, I listened and offered advice. She responded, "It's weird telling you this. I feel like I might be crossing a line, but you're my best friend in the world, you know?" I asked her if I was just a rebound and she responded, "No. This girl dumped me to get back together with her ex, and it made me realize just how much I missed you." Today, we talked on the phone for almost thee hours. At one point in the conversation, she blatantly told me that she was too young to settle down and the thought of not exploring her sexuality and love life more made her feel stifled. Now, this is what's bothering me. She was literally JUST going on and on about kids, apartments, a future which she seemed to very much want me in, but was now telling me she had no interest in pursuing a stable, committed relationship. I went along with it, happy to just have her in my life at all. We got off the phone, but not before she told me she loved me, which I hadn't heard since we were together. Now I'm laying in my room, completely and totally in my head. I've cried on and off all day because while I'm just happy to have her in my life again, I'm terrified I'm just going to get hurt. I also feel like I can't ask her serious questions about anything because that's what makes her shut down and push me away. So I don't. I'm tempted to text a mutual friend that she hung out with last night and ask him if I should be worried about getting hurt, but I don't want to come off as needy or crazy. But can you blame me? The mixed signals are really killing me. Last night, before I dropped her off at her train, I asked her, "How will I know if I'll see you again?" She responded by wrapping her $150 cashmere scarf around my neck and said, "How's Friday?" Now I'm counting down the days, hours, and minutes until Friday to see her again because I'm so used to her disappearing act. It's really ******** with my head and heart and I don't know what to do. I'm so scared to let my walls down with her. I'm scared to get attached. LI, what's your take on this?

UPDATE: This past Saturday, I got to hang out with my ex and our mutual friend. We went to his apartment and just spent the day smoking and drinking and catching up. I had a lot of fun, but my ex got too drunk and I had to make her eat before I walked her home in a totally unfamiliar neighborhood. The most distressing part, though, was the walk to the pizzeria and the confessions she made when we got there. As I walked and she stumbled her way to the pizza place, she told me that getting drunk was basically her life now and that it was a "sad existence" but it stopped her from "thinking too much". She also told me that her step dad has been fighting with her to see a therapist, which she refuses to do. During dinner, she told me that if she hadn't been at my house the day she found out her cousin passed away, if she had been out with friends, drunk or high or whatever, that she would have killed herself that morning. She told me that I was her sanity and I kept her balanced. I told her she was drunk and she told me she loved me. After dinner, I offered to walk her home, even though it was dark and I was in a totally unfamiliar part of the city. She kissed me goodbye and told me to text her when I got home. It's a good 2 hour commute by public transit from where she lives to where I live and, as I mentioned, it was pretty late by this point. I texted her, like she asked, but she'd already fallen asleep. The next day (yesterday), I'd made plans to hang out with friends. She called me at one point while I was in a busy cafe and could barely hear her, so I told her I'd call her back to which she got pretty annoyed with. I called her back, like I promised, and we talked for a bit before she got off to do homework. I ended up going out with my friends about an hour outside of town when she called me again.I picked up and told her I was out to which she replied, "Why are you never home?! Just go home. Call me when you get in." and hung up on me. My friends and I were supposed to hang out longer but I was worried sick about her and ended plans early so I could get home as quick as possible. When I did get home, the first thing I did was call her. No answer. I tried again about a half hour later, and still no answer. I figured she'd fallen asleep, but she posted a snapchat around 1 in the morning about tossing and turning. I texted her right after I saw it and said, "You okay?" No reply. She usually calls me before she goes to class, but she didn't today. Now I'm worried that she's going to disappear from my life again, especially after all that she told me on Saturday. It was very unsettling and I'm genuinely concerned for her. Plus, I have no idea what I did wrong. LI, I feel like I'm going crazy... What can I do?

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
I think that you should tell her that she is confusing you, that you need a straight answer from her.

Because no one should be toyed with, even if that it isn't what is happening, no one does.

And then, if you feel like she is toying with you, as much as it hurts, you need to find a way to distance yourself from her, get your head on straight, so you can live your life without constantly waiting on her.

You deserve to be happy. She may not necessarily have to be in the equation for that to happen.
Silenced Nocturne
I think that you should tell her that she is confusing you, that you need a straight answer from her.

Because no one should be toyed with, even if that it isn't what is happening, no one does.

And then, if you feel like she is toying with you, as much as it hurts, you need to find a way to distance yourself from her, get your head on straight, so you can live your life without constantly waiting on her.

You deserve to be happy. She may not necessarily have to be in the equation for that to happen.

I basically asked her what she wanted out of seeing me again and she responded, "I don't know, I don't know. I don't like when you ask things like that. Stop being so needy."

So I did. I stopped.

Do you think texting our mutual friend is a good idea or nah? /:

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Bonjour Belle
Silenced Nocturne

I basically asked her what she wanted out of seeing me again and she responded, "I don't know, I don't know. I don't like when you ask things like that. Stop being so needy."

So I did. I stopped.

Yes, because they probably have a better idea of what is going on. Getting someone's opinion who's close to both of you would probably be helpful.
Silenced Nocturne
Bonjour Belle
Silenced Nocturne

So I did. I stopped.

Yes, because they probably have a better idea of what is going on. Getting someone's opinion who's close to both of you would probably be helpful.

Do you think I should wait and see how the rest of the week goes with my ex, or just go and text him tonight?

I'm really bad at doing things on impulse and ******** things up, so I'm hesitant.

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Bonjour Belle

Do you think I should wait and see how the rest of the week goes with my ex, or just go and text him tonight?

I'm really bad at doing things on impulse and ******** things up, so I'm hesitant.

I would say wait for tomorrow. Just try to occupy yourself, keep yourself from overthinking the whole thing. Maybe write down a list of what you do know for certain, to help you weigh your decisions better.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Id take it really slow..... And talk to her.
Its strange that she comes back after seeing someone else. ><
Them leaving for an ex doesnt mean you arent a rebound. Your familiar, of course shed turn to you after a bad breakup.

If shes serious then co gratulations^^
just be careful<333
Updated in original post.

Floppy Puppy

Honestly, this seems suspicious. She seems to be constantly flip-flopping on what she wants, and it's probably because she doesn't know what she wants. If a death in her family is truly affecting her that much, she should be in therapy. As harsh as it sounds, life shouldn't stop just because someone dies. That's life. It happens. She needs to put on her big girl panties and deal with this in a healthy way. And getting drunk, high, talking about suicide, and leading her ex on about a relationship is definitely not healthy.

It might hurt, but I think you should drop her. You don't need the emotional whiplash from her, and you shouldn't put your life on hold just because she can't make up her mind. Don't be so readily available for her; she's moved on. She's dated another person, and she only comes back to you because she has you begging for her attention. Seems like an ego boost for her. She can go do whatever she wants, and she knows you're hanging onto her. Let her go.

She needs to heal on her own. She needs to go to therapy since her cousin's death makes her want to commit suicide, which logically doesn't make a lot of sense. Death is a natural thing, and she should learn to deal with it in a healthy way. While I understand death is very sad, I don't think you can be there for her anymore. She is being heartless and selfish and kind of dramatic. She wants you but then she doesn't so she dated someone else but then she wants you again as soon as it's over. How is this not driving you insane?

You deserve someone who doesn't have to get drunk to realize they want you. Someone who isn't making themselves be emotionally dependent on you because that's a heavy burden. You are not responsible for the way she feels, and you don't need to wait for her to decide she wants you.

Moonlight Healer

I understand you want to be around her, but I agree that you deserve a straight answer. Obviously she's not in the best place right now and going through a lot, but that doesn't make it okay for her to toy around with you and your feelings. She either needs to be there for you if she wants you in her life or leave you alone. You shouldn't have to feel a deep anxiety that she may abandon you at any second, that's not cool. Tell her how you feel, say that you want to be there for her but you need a straight answer, if she blows off your feelings again and calls you "needy" then that's that. I know it's a difficult situation but it's really not a healthy one for you to keep yourself in if she doesn't want to start treating you better. If it were me personally, I don't think it should take dating someone else for my ex to realize they miss me, you know? Little too late kinda thing.

Sparkling Loiterer

The way she keeps changing her mind it seems like she's almost toying with you. She seems bossy too and doesn't seem like a very good person to be around. That she stops talking to you whenever she feels like it, yet you need to be available 24/7 for her? It doesn't seem like a very equal relationship. It seems like she just wants everything her way. She wants you to be there whenever she wants you to, but she wants to be able to throw you away whenever she wants as well. She wants to have a future with you, but then says she doesn't want to settle down and she wants to explore stuff. I think maybe it sounds like she wants to keep you on stand by as a backup choice or someone to go to when she's done playing around or feels like settling down. It's not fair to you.

It's sad she lost someone. It's always sad when people lose people they love. But it's no excuse for the way she's treating you. Personally, I think your better off finding someone else who's ready for a relationship and someone who won't jerk you around. I wouldn't have much to do with her anymore. Then again it's your choice and whatever would make you feel happy. I personally think if you stay with her your going to experience more heart break, but again only you can make this choice and who knows it could work out too. Either way I wish you the best. Good luck. =3

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Oh my....
It really seems like shes using you as a way of coping. If thats fine for you, then by all means continue. But i think youll never get a romantic relationship from this kind of thing.
If your close friends then support her, and get her help. She sounds like she needs it.
Dont date till she is better..... Or youll be back a few months later looking for more advice.
Her life is spiraling out of control, dont let her take yours with it. heart

Goodluck

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is the best way I can sum up what is going on with your relationship with this girl. I read your previous threads a few time before and finally decided to respond.

She is toxic for you, she is not treating you as a good friend either. How can you stay mutual friends if you or her keep expressing words that are suppose to initiate an intimate relationship? Not only that, you still sound hurt from being demoted from girlfriend status. Just because she treats other like crap, doesn't mean you can excuse her treatment towards you and diagnose her that she needs help. Her disrespect to you and especially her own step father who is trying to provide her help just solidifies she is doing something bad.

If you really value her, you have to make her accountable for her actions even if she needs help. Being real with her and yourself is the best honesty, gives her and you clearer and healthier boundaries, and the right help. Being an enabler does not help.

I understand you are very nurturing, you don't understand her constant changes and choices of grievance, but only she can help herself. Trying to fight her battles and sugarcoat her mistakes is doing her no favor. If she isn't ever bad, how can she know when she does actually good? It creates her an emotional limbo of confusion why she can get away with things and it seems more easier to deal with because she's not getting called out, but don't understand the guilt building up that she shouldn't be doing this. Your treatment to her is only snowballing her and yourself to be more self harm.

I have been let go, whether I was actually a bad friend, we simply couldn't get along, we had no reason to get along, I was too much of a good friend, or dropped for no reason. Having losses help me readjust and evaluate myself to decide what I can change to make myself better as a person, not for someone else. Sure it hurts and especially when I lost support from my own family, friends, mutual friends, best friends of many years, and boyfriend, I still feel like dying, but I didn't die. Your grievance of her and her own grievance has to be normalize that you may not feel 100% better making the choice of not being with each other when you both need each other, but you will not feel 120% distress and that 20% are in the "What if she ___" spectrum that you cannot change the outcome no MATTER what you do.

Sometimes staying by her side will actually make her more dependent on you and push her to suicide much more easily despite that you never left her.

You need to let go that you've been let go. You can try again when she actually apologizes and proves to YOU that she got better and willing to be close to you without having a halfhearted answer or being fickle.

You can love someone's demons, but only they can defeat or deal with their demons. Don't let her demons become yours, because you can never defeat them even more because, it's not actually part of you. She has denied you access to her heart while pouring her own demons at you, leaving you unable to deal with the source let alone defeat it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff