Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I love the SNES version. It is punishing difficulty in the mining cart level. That level does not mess around in the "memorization" and "reaction" department.

Tipsy Lunatic

IceMan PJN
Donkey Kong Country (first one, screw the other two) was one of the best games of the generation. The gameplay was excellent, the soundtrack was memorable and beautiful, and the graphics looked amazing for its time.

To be completely honest i loved the second one more than the first one. It was more challenging.

Tipsy Lunatic

kittykonataizumi
I was looking forward to the donkey kong games being available to download but then I got slapped when I saw that they didn't make the Gameboy color version of donkey kong country available sweatdrop

Why would you play it for the game boy color though. ); ?

Witty Bookworm

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User Image

I could never get past Stop & Go
I had bad timing xp

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Timid Friend

iPapiChulo
kittykonataizumi
I was looking forward to the donkey kong games being available to download but then I got slapped when I saw that they didn't make the Gameboy color version of donkey kong country available sweatdrop

cause I actually had both versions when I was little and that way I could play the game without having to carry my SNES with me everywhere o3o

Beloved Rogue

26,165 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Oh gosh yes! Dk! Donkey Kong the leader of the bunch you know him.. ninja

High five if you get that referance.
i still have the underwater BGM in my cell phone and ipod. whee

CIoud Nine's Husband

Winged Warlord

24,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
twilight_princess01
User Image
User Image

I could never get past Stop & Go
I had bad timing xp

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

I hated that level but also liked it because it was challenging.
I found a shortcut on that level by mistake which puts you at the end of the level. xD
Donkey Kong Country 2 is superior to the entire series on SO many levels.
i wish i had a snes instead of a genesis in my 16bit days. cry

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
paulnat1
the game that pushed the snes past its limits

Yeah, when everyone was into PS1 I was like big deal! The SNES can do that too! (I know it couldn't, but I was a kid and Donkey Kong looked just as good as any PS1 game!)

Tipsy Lunatic

kittykonataizumi
iPapiChulo
kittykonataizumi

cause I actually had both versions when I was little and that way I could play the game without having to carry my SNES with me everywhere o3o

I carry my snes around all the time......
Jk. I thought the dlc came out for the 3ds already. :0

Tipsy Lunatic

Lost Dynamis
Donkey Kong Country 2 is superior to the entire series on SO many levels.

oh but of course. I just left this thread because i beat DKC at that time now playing DKC2 .3. So you'll see that soon. x3
Helpful Cait Sith
paulnat1
the game that pushed the snes past its limits

Yeah, when everyone was into PS1 I was like big deal! The SNES can do that too! (I know it couldn't, but I was a kid and Donkey Kong looked just as good as any PS1 game!)

i remember reading some advertisements about that game. they used to say "who needs a 32bit system?!"

Thankful Citizen

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Battle: Mage 100
I remember playing the mine cart level in the second world and jumping down the pit (i sucked at this game so much when i was a kid) and instead of dying i had found an invisible barrel and was brought to the end of the level...good times.

I enjoy the second one the most though because it was the most challenging (imo) the secret world was so hard, could never beat it sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff