Welcome to Gaia! ::

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Edit: if you're wanting to post here telling me thoughts on the other side of this matter -- don't. I've accomplished what I came here to do and so I would like this thread to die off so actual possible requests, ideas, etc. can be attended to.

Edit2: Please just move this thread to the Trash Bin. emotion_facepalm

Thanks.

Inquisitive Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Divine Donator 100
gaia_angelleft Even if they set that rule it wouldn't get followed. Most people don't read the rules.

In my opinion, just stop adhering to their threads. It's not going to kill you to ignore it. You're the only one making yourself post on their threads or quote their post. The most that Gaia could do is set a rule, and that's not going to magically make those threads/post disappear. So just ignore them. It's not hard.
gaia_angelright
Chatterbox has pretty much been a catch all for any content so long as it doesn't violate the rules/ToS since it's inception, I don't really see the point in changing that now.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Catisdel
gaia_angelleft Even if they set that rule it wouldn't get followed. Most people don't read the rules.

In my opinion, just stop adhering to their threads. It's not going to kill you to ignore it. You're the only one making yourself post on their threads or quote their post. The most that Gaia could do is set a rule, and that's not going to magically make those threads/post disappear. So just ignore them. It's not hard.
gaia_angelright
You can only ignore it so much until you conclude it's become The Exchange V2. If Gaia won't do that then can at least allow an infinate ignore list to put every eyesore on it.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

ThanatosRising
Chatterbox has pretty much been a catch all for any content so long as it doesn't violate the rules/ToS since it's inception, I don't really see the point in changing that now.
Then why did you post here?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

The whole point of the Chatterbox is for users to post anything they want there (except ToS/Rule violations). Give the forum a few page refreshes and you'll see new threads. If begging/charity/vend threads are prohibited from the CB, then CBers will then demand more topics be put in the "right" forum instead of "cluttering up" the CB. Prohibiting certain kinds of topics defeats the point of the Chatterbox. There's plenty of chatter in the Chatterbox, and if you don't see something you want to chat about, you're allowed to make your own thread for chatting. Why punish people for something that isn't that much of an issue?
Overlord Jianichie

Because you're allowed to discuss and and disagree with suggestions people make in SF and if Gaia staff ever see this thread and read through it I want them to know that I disagree with this suggestion and am fine with CB as is.

Inquisitive Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Divine Donator 100
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel

gaia_angelright
You can only ignore it so much until you conclude it's become The Exchange V2. If Gaia won't do that then can at least allow an infinate ignore list to put every eyesore on it.

gaia_angelleft From what I'm looking at right now, there are only a couple of giveaways in the Chatterbox...I see no quest threads and/or begging threads. I know the forum moves fast so I may just not have caught them, but you make it sound like it's every other post. I don't see any in the forum...I don't think it's as bad as what you think it is, I think you're just tired of people asking for charity. But it's not something to complain about. gaia_angelright

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Crystal Sparda
The whole point of the Chatterbox is for users to post anything they want there (except ToS/Rule violations). Give the forum a few page refreshes and you'll see new threads. If begging/charity/vend threads are prohibited from the CB, then CBers will then demand more topics be put in the "right" forum instead of "cluttering up" the CB. Prohibiting certain kinds of topics defeats the point of the Chatterbox. There's plenty of chatter in the Chatterbox, and if you don't see something you want to chat about, you're allowed to make your own thread for chatting. Why punish people for something that isn't that much of an issue?
I know what the Chatterbox is intended for. That doesn't mean I can't request for change because I have a different PoV about matters regarding this site.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Catisdel
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel

gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft From what I'm looking at right now, there are only a couple of giveaways in the Chatterbox...I see no quest threads and/or begging threads. I know the forum moves fast so I may just not have caught them, but you make it sound like it's every other post. I don't see any in the forum...I don't think it's as bad as what you think it is, I think you're just tired of people asking for charity. That's not the thread to do it in, but it's not something to complain about. gaia_angelright
There are fluxes in amounts. Regardless, I have every right to complain. I'm not trying to instigate a confrontation but I am going to stick to my guns about my beliefs on the matter.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

ThanatosRising
Overlord Jianichie

Because you're allowed to discuss and and disagree with suggestions people make in SF and if Gaia staff ever see this thread and read through it I want them to know that I disagree with this suggestion and am fine with CB as is.
Fair enough.

Inquisitive Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Divine Donator 100
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel

gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft From what I'm looking at right now, there are only a couple of giveaways in the Chatterbox...I see no quest threads and/or begging threads. I know the forum moves fast so I may just not have caught them, but you make it sound like it's every other post. I don't see any in the forum...I don't think it's as bad as what you think it is, I think you're just tired of people asking for charity. but it's not something to complain about. gaia_angelright
There are fluxes in amounts. Regardless, I have every right to complain. I'm not trying to instigate a confrontation but I am going to stick to my guns about my beliefs on the matter.

gaia_angelleft You have the right to your opinion, and others have the right to challenge your opinion. You can't waltz in here and assume that people who disagree with you can't post and only the ones who agree with you can talk to you. They made the chatterbox for a reason, and your beliefs won't suddenly change that reason. You're one person asking the whole Gaia team to change something they made with one specific purpose because you don't like it. The Chatterbox was made with one purpose, and you're asking that purpose to change because you can't seem to ignore the threads/post you don't like. gaia_angelright

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Catisdel
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel
Overlord Jianichie
Catisdel

gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft From what I'm looking at right now, there are only a couple of giveaways in the Chatterbox...I see no quest threads and/or begging threads. I know the forum moves fast so I may just not have caught them, but you make it sound like it's every other post. I don't see any in the forum...I don't think it's as bad as what you think it is, I think you're just tired of people asking for charity. but it's not something to complain about. gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft You have the right to your opinion, and others have the right to challenge your opinion. You can't waltz in here and assume that people who disagree with you can't post and only the ones who agree with you can talk to you. They made the chatterbox for a reason, and your beliefs won't suddenly change that reason. You're one person asking the whole Gaia team to change something they made with one specific purpose because you don't like it. The Chatterbox was made with one purpose, and you're asking that purpose to change because you can't seem to ignore the threads/post you don't like. gaia_angelright
I never assumed people couldn't or wouldn't challenge my views on the matter. As OP states, it's a pipe dream. At the end of the day this thread will die off and nothing shall change. You're right, I am, and there's nothing wrong with doing so. I've made my request, it's out in the open. I didn't post this thread to engage in debate regardless if that's an availability. Fair enough? If so, I'll gladly let this thread die off so better intended suggestions can be discussed.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Overlord Jianichie
Crystal Sparda
I know what the Chatterbox is intended for. That doesn't mean I can't request for change because I have a different PoV about matters regarding this site.

The issue is that you're asking for a miscellany catchall forum to be changed to prohibit very specific types of threads that have been made there since the forum was made. You might as well be asking for the CB to be turned into a forum that you're ONLY allowed to make small talk in and bump in (everything else is prohibited). If begging/quest, charity, and vend threads are to be prohibited, life issue threads need to go in the appropriate forum; discussion about Gaia must be made in the GCD; art shops can only be made in the Art Shops forum. Threads discussing new movies must be made in the Entertainment Discussion. ETC, ETC, ETC.

Obviously the people who run these threads in the CB that you don't like, they want their threads there. The CB is a fast moving forum, so like I said, refreshing the page after waiting 5 seconds will likely get you another page or two of new threads. These threads aren't that big of a deal that they warrant a ban on specific topics. Now, adoptable threads in the Mini Shops, that's another thing entirely... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff