Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Bidder

14,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bidding War 100
I'm eager to watch good films from your country (my goal is to watch atleast one great movie from every country). It can be cult classics, underrated gems, mainstream films, independent films, award-winning,popular abroad etcetera etcetera. Any genre. As long as it's awesome for you, and you have good taste in movies wink . Although on a side note I prefer recent films e.g. films made from 90's up to the present.
Black and white films just doesn't appeal to me that much, with a few exceptions.

So far, I've watched and liked (so you'd know the kind of movies i'll enjoy)

Japan ---- Adrift in Tokyo (2007), Eternal Zero (2013), Battle Royale (2001), Ran (1985)

India ---- 3 Idiots (2009) and Taare Zameen Par (2007)

German ----- Die Welle (2008 ), Stalingrad (1993)

GB ---- Snatch (2000), Shaun of the Dead (2004)

US ---- A lot

Indonesia ---- The Raid 1 & 2 (2011,2014)

New Zealand ---- What We Do In The Shadows (2014)

S. Korea ---- Memories of Murder (2003), The Man From Nowhere (2011), A Bittersweet Life (2005), My Sassy Girl (2001), New World (2013)

Hong Kong ---- Infernal Affairs (2002)

Thank you in advance for the suggestions emotion_awesome

Prodigal Unicorn

i'm not from France, but The Intouchables (2011) is amazing movie. c:
there's a lot of indie films i could recommend from the US, but they don't compare to The Intouchables. it's a comedy/drama, so idk if you would really like it but i wholeheartedly love it.
Terios Kidd
I'm eager to watch good films from your country (my goal is to watch atleast one great movie from every country). It can be cult classics, underrated gems, mainstream films, independent films, award-winning,popular abroad etcetera etcetera. Any genre. As long as it's awesome for you, and you have good taste in movies wink . Although on a side note I prefer recent films e.g. films made from 90's up to the present.
Black and white films just doesn't appeal to me that much, with a few exceptions.

Japan ---- Adrift in Tokyo (2007), Eternal Zero (2013), Battle Royale (2001), Ran (1985)

US ---- A lot

S. Korea ---- Memories of Murder (2003), The Man From Nowhere (2011), A Bittersweet Life (2005), My Sassy Girl (2001), New World (2013)

The Interview razz

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm from the US, but The Cuckoo [Kukushka] (2002) is a good Russian/Finnish historical comedy-drama. Tali-Ihantala 1944 (2007) is another good war flick if you're into that genre.

Oldboy (2003) from S Korea is really nice. Really dark, but captivating. I believe it's based on a manga, but I could be wrong.

Sound of Noise (2010) is an interesting Swedish movie about a group of disgruntled musicians.

Le chat du rabbin (2011) is an animated French film about a cat and his owner (a rabbi) going on adventures in early 20th century Algeria after the cat suddenly gains the ability to speak.

Ruthless Bidder

14,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bidding War 100
Prophet Jackal

i'm not from France, but The Intouchables (2011) is amazing movie. c:
there's a lot of indie films i could recommend from the US, but they don't compare to The Intouchables. it's a comedy/drama, so idk if you would really like it but i wholeheartedly love it.

I've heard that one (it got alot of awards so it's popular). I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Ruthless Bidder

14,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bidding War 100
Terrosformatte
Terios Kidd

US ---- A lot

The Interview razz

Yeah, i've watched that one already. "they hate us coz they a**s" razz

Ruthless Bidder

14,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bidding War 100
piparminttukaramelli
I'm from the US, but The Cuckoo [Kukushka] (2002) is a good Russian/Finnish historical comedy-drama. Tali-Ihantala 1944 (2007) is another good war flick if you're into that genre.

Oldboy (2003) from S Korea is really nice. Really dark, but captivating. I believe it's based on a manga, but I could be wrong.

Sound of Noise (2010) is an interesting Swedish movie about a group of disgruntled musicians.

Le chat du rabbin (2011) is an animated French film about a cat and his owner (a rabbi) going on adventures in early 20th century Algeria after the cat suddenly gains the ability to speak.

Done with Oldboy, it was good but not to my taste. sweatdrop
Sound of Noise seems interesting though...thanks for suggesting. cat_3nodding

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
you should have amélie on the list already emotion_8c

i'm scottish and live in korea but i can't think of a movie from either to recommend because i generally don't like movies ( i get impatient and can't concentrate just sitting watching something so if i like a movie it must be really awesome right ). i can probably think of less than 10 movies i actually like from any country.
From Singapore
Ilo Ilo

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Brain dead (American release Dead Alive) You may have seen it already

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/

Peter jackson, before he sold out and made those films about little men.

(NZ if it wasnt clear).
Terios Kidd
Terrosformatte
Terios Kidd

US ---- A lot

The Interview razz

Yeah, i've watched that one already. "they hate us coz they a**s" razz

That part wasnt a joke. " They hate us cause they Ain't us".

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
My favourite greek movie of all time is an old one, ''the false gold coin''.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122565/
I can you recommend some good films from my region (Latin America):
Costa Rica- El Camino
México- Como agua para chocolate
Brasil- A cidade de Deus (The City of Good)

I don't know if the first two are already dubbed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff