Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
AliceLoathesWonderland
Why the f can we not unpack our gates yet?
I'm getting real impatient =/

I think they spent more time on the Trash option instead of the problem at hand.

I'm not sure, but hopefully it might be fixed tomorrow afternoon. Unless they're going the slow method. Singles today, five-packs tomorrow, ten-packs the day after... etcetera.
It's honestly a bit frustrating. We had more luck with the disabled inventory.

Dapper Shapeshifter

Akai Papillon
Katieblueeyes

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have put in more items. I have expressed my disappointment in the size of the RIG. I'm saying that people shouldn't be calling the items themselves bad or s**t on the basis of them not being worth a lot of gold. The gold value of an item doesn't make the pixeling or the shading worse, it just changes how common the item is. I'm not implying that how the gate was executed in terms of item pool vs availability or in terms of vending wasn't/isn't disappointing, I am only giving my opinion that the visual quality and usefulness of the items shouldn't be demeaned just because they happen to be worth less gold.
Oh! ((thank you for your patience in walking me through that)) I agree, the items are still beautiful and it makes me really excited that they have more than one option. When I was a young broke gaian, I would have loved seeing all these beautiful items actually available to me. I agree that the items are beautiful, I think they are great items, and if they were available in the shops at the price they are now I wouldnt complain. But their worth for actual gold is low, therefor worth-less, but their worth in terms of worth and beauty and usefulness is still high. I just wish I hadn't paid so much for items I could be buying for cheap, but I see your point and agree.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Kind of irritated I can't open my 10s or 25s yet. Almost not worth it any more =/ I'm just impatient and whiny though.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland

I think they spent more time on the Trash option instead of the problem at hand.

I'm not sure, but hopefully it might be fixed tomorrow afternoon. Unless they're going the slow method. Singles today, five-packs tomorrow, ten-packs the day after... etcetera.

Yeah.
I spent all my gold donating to that kickstarter and i cant even get to my things.
I have to be patient, i know..

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
Linka Skyloft
User ImageDarkness becomes Light...

This sucks, I finally just broke and bought the two sunny adorkables that I need for my current avi in the mp.

...Light falls into Darkness
User Image

Sorry that you ended up having to buy on the MP - although, at least you have them now. Better than ending up with a bunch of Ice Cream and Flowers to fish out just one, though, right?

Your avatar looks fantastic! Absolutely adorable! - Or should I say, Adorkable. Lovely job putting it together!

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Stanford Condition
I decided to do a little maths (because I'm crazy and weird like that). You can buy every single item that was released for less than 21B. That's a hell of a lot to pay, but let's run with it.

To get every item, you'll need to open more than 200 gates because the odds are stacks that much against you. People are selling 25 packs of unsealed gates on the marketplace for 9B and people are buying it. Why the hell would you bother when it would actually be cheaper to just buy the individual items than pay that exorbitant amount for a tiny pool of items?

Shhh, you're giving away our secrets to the masses! wink From one Gaian (who seems to understand the way these kickstart RIGs work) to another, I'll say that I've made over 30b gold on these RIGs so far, and in addition have all but one of the items I want from it. (Not to mention the still sealed Gates I have yet to dispose of.) It actually makes me sad to see so many people opening them for pennies when they could sell them for dollars...

In addition to your math, it seems obvious to me that any RIG (no matter how many items ended up in it) that gave out so many copies to the masses from the get-go would have ridiculously deflated items. (And in fact, the only reason the rarer items are still even in the multiple billions is because most of the kickstart Gates are still sealed.) Sometimes I wonder if people just don't understand economics, or if they're not paying attention to these things.

So here's some more maths (craziness is contagious, apparently), with a bit of hypothetical reasoning thrown in. For anyone who cares.

The kickstart had roughly 93 trillion gold in it when it finished. Assuming that:
1/3 of that was gold donations that granted 123 Gates to various users, and
2/3 of that was gold donations above and beyond the Gate-granting tiers,
that leaves a hypothetical (and probably low estimate) 12,900 (rounded down) sets of 123 Gates given out. That's over 1.5 million Gates. (Again, rounded down, for laziness' sake.)

Thus, even before the Gates placed in Loyal's Bazaar, the site had been flooded with over 1.5 million gates to be opened. With only 30 different items, that is a lot of duplicate copies. (I won't hazard a guess as to the probability of the rares, as that's statistics. It's still a lot.)

Add into those numbers this fact:
1 Gate of Olympus in Loyal's Bazaar = 320 million gold (if bought in 25-pack bulk)
1 Gate (for someone who donated 2.4 billion to the kickstart) = (just over) 19.5 million gold

Cost of 123 gates from the Bazaar = 39,360,000,000 (39.36 billion)
Cost of 123 gates from the kickstart = 2,400,000,000 (2.4 billion)

Thus, the cost of the Gates in the Bazaar doesn't accurately reflect their current value, due to the principles of supply and demand. Moral: all of these items are going to be cheap, and only get cheaper. It's not worth it to buy the RIG when you can buy the items you want for a fraction of the price. (Incidentally, it's also not worth it to buy them at the beginning of their MP existence. But that's a different lesson.)

But enough rambling. Maybe someone will profit from it. In the meantime, I can't figure out why people keep buying my ice cream cones on the MP. Who is wanting all this ice cream? stare

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
AliceLoathesWonderland
Lastodious Crowe
AliceLoathesWonderland

Yeah.
I spent all my gold donating to that kickstarter and i cant even get to my things.
I have to be patient, i know..

I get that, trust me. I spent a good chunk of my gold because I thought it'd be a cheaper way for me to get nice new items without "bargain hunting" on the marketplace (everything I want is upwards of billions now, for just one item. It's hardly worth it.). Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think I'd have rather just saved my gold instead. While I love the items, I don't love the wait.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
My five packs still aren't unsealed.

Some day...

... I'll probably just end up selling my Olympus thingies.

Tipsy Lunatic

All I know is that out of 30 items there are maybe 4 that I DON'T want.

So out of 123 gates I'm likely to be quite satisfied with what I get.

But just in case I really hope someone wants 100 Standby Advocates and Bishop Dolls

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Drunken Jester
All I know is that out of 30 items there are maybe 4 that I DON'T want.

So out of 123 gates I'm likely to be quite satisfied with what I get.

But just in case I really hope someone wants 100 Standby Advocates and Bishop Dolls

The Standby Advocates actually sell very well. They're not super profitable, but they sell quickly. Not the dolls, though. (People seem to buy the ice cream way more than the dolls. sweatdrop )

fatal rebellion's Partner In Crime

Garbage Lover

Katieblueeyes

Oh no, thanks for being so chill about it. o u o /
But yeah, I do understand that people wish they hadn't paid so much for items in the rig or the rig itself over deflation, but I figured that a lot of users were going to be prepared for that when they saw that 123 gates were coming out of 2.4 billion gold during the kickstart.
especially users like me that dumped many billions to hoard almost a thousand of these

I just wish I could open the things ; n ;

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I'll probably end up getting Dangerous Dame and Noon Swamplands Circe...

I'll probably have to buy them...

... since I think the Olympus I opened all contained the same thing.

(There may be some more things I want).

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
I saw a Staff notice and I got so excited expecting them to give us a tiny glimmer of hope in this situation, an update of sorts regarding the Gates opening again soon...

And was promptly disappointed.

I mean, glad that they let everyone know they fixed that huge issue with the coupon things, but... is it too much to ask that we get a tiny update saying "don't worry, we're still working on the Gates!" soon? I mean, just some minor little notice to let us hold onto some hope that it'll be re-unsealed(?) again soon.

Jo Constantine's Partner

Colorful Technician

Reed Meroe
Shhh, you're giving away our secrets to the masses! wink From one Gaian (who seems to understand the way these kickstart RIGs work) to another, I'll say that I've made over 30b gold on these RIGs so far, and in addition have all but one of the items I want from it. (Not to mention the still sealed Gates I have yet to dispose of.) It actually makes me sad to see so many people opening them for pennies when they could sell them for dollars...

In addition to your math, it seems obvious to me that any RIG (no matter how many items ended up in it) that gave out so many copies to the masses from the get-go would have ridiculously deflated items. (And in fact, the only reason the rarer items are still even in the multiple billions is because most of the kickstart Gates are still sealed.) Sometimes I wonder if people just don't understand economics, or if they're not paying attention to these things.

So here's some more maths (craziness is contagious, apparently), with a bit of hypothetical reasoning thrown in. For anyone who cares.

The kickstart had roughly 93 trillion gold in it when it finished. Assuming that:
1/3 of that was gold donations that granted 123 Gates to various users, and
2/3 of that was gold donations above and beyond the Gate-granting tiers,
that leaves a hypothetical (and probably low estimate) 12,900 (rounded down) sets of 123 Gates given out. That's over 1.5 million Gates. (Again, rounded down, for laziness' sake.)

Thus, even before the Gates placed in Loyal's Bazaar, the site had been flooded with over 1.5 million gates to be opened. With only 30 different items, that is a lot of duplicate copies. (I won't hazard a guess as to the probability of the rares, as that's statistics. It's still a lot.)

Add into those numbers this fact:
1 Gate of Olympus in Loyal's Bazaar = 320 million gold (if bought in 25-pack bulk)
1 Gate (for someone who donated 2.4 billion to the kickstart) = (just over) 19.5 million gold

Cost of 123 gates from the Bazaar = 39,360,000,000 (39.36 billion)
Cost of 123 gates from the kickstart = 2,400,000,000 (2.4 billion)

Thus, the cost of the Gates in the Bazaar doesn't accurately reflect their current value, due to the principles of supply and demand. Moral: all of these items are going to be cheap, and only get cheaper. It's not worth it to buy the RIG when you can buy the items you want for a fraction of the price. (Incidentally, it's also not worth it to buy them at the beginning of their MP existence. But that's a different lesson.)

But enough rambling. Maybe someone will profit from it. In the meantime, I can't figure out why people keep buying my ice cream cones on the MP. Who is wanting all this ice cream? stare

Completely agree with all the above. I don't know why people are so eager to have something now that in a week will be a complete waste of money. But to each their own. I've sold most of my stuff or gifted it away since most of it is not going to be worth much in the long run. but I'd like to thank all those eager beavers at the beginning of the release who have significantly increased my gaia bank account

I'm buying ice cream and dolls and bees and stuff. People keep going under the sellback price, so I'm taking the item and getting more money out of it. It's only a few thousand at a time, but every cent counts =P

High-functioning Widow

Vupie
Kind of irritated I can't open my 10s or 25s yet. Almost not worth it any more =/ I'm just impatient and whiny though.

You're lucky though
I only

Just

got to open my singles, and everything else is sealed off.
Not to mention I only got ice-cream and three of the same doll ; w ;

But yes, whiny everyone is D :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas