Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

User Image

Hello! This is a piece that isn't neccesarily new, but its one of the more recent digital drawings, and I was hoping to see what other insights people had on it! Aside from the feet- I was having a lazy day and GIMP wasn't cooperating Q Q

Dangerous Gawker

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
This is really cute. You have a great eye for clothing and such. I think the main problem you've got going on is keeping the body lined up. I suggest before drawing cloths to draw the body, making sure that your head lines up with the chest and the legs aren't in some weird proportion.

Cute style, I think with practice you can really make it something amazeballs.
Really the only thing I can point out is the eyes, something about them appears 2 dimensional...maybe practice some tutorials to add a sense of depth/flair to them?

That's a minor issue, I think this art is good! Different sort of pose, drawing loose ruffles, love it!

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

Chris_chris
This is really cute. You have a great eye for clothing and such. I think the main problem you've got going on is keeping the body lined up. I suggest before drawing cloths to draw the body, making sure that your head lines up with the chest and the legs aren't in some weird proportion.

Cute style, I think with practice you can really make it something amazeballs.

Thank you thank you! ^ ^ I couldn't find any reference photos so I did my best to freehand it in general, do you have any suggestions on what I should specifically fix in the future? o o

baby bijou
Really the only thing I can point out is the eyes, something about them appears 2 dimensional...maybe practice some tutorials to add a sense of depth/flair to them?

That's a minor issue, I think this art is good! Different sort of pose, drawing loose ruffles, love it!

Thank you for taking the time to critique!
And I'll be sure to * *)9 Haha, I had a bit of issue when it came to drawing my style of eyes in 3/4 so I think I might have butchered them by trying too hard OTL

Celestial Dog

Aw cute.

I really like the details in her dress and hair. However, the lack of toes on her feet is a really glaringly obvious thing? Feet can be tough, but it's really worth it to at least try to draw them!

Her legs are also pretty thin for the rest of her body. As are her arms.

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

Q2k
Aw cute.

I really like the details in her dress and hair. However, the lack of toes on her feet is a really glaringly obvious thing? Feet can be tough, but it's really worth it to at least try to draw them!

Yeah, haha. I think I had a momentary rage quit because GIMP froze up on me while I was drawing the toes so I think I just excluded them in general OTL Do you have any tips for drawing them? Q Q Toes and fingers are my bane OTL But additionally, thank you for the critique! ^ ^

Iraoko's Husbando

Newbie Noob

help me friend im dying emotion_zombie

Celestial Dog

Undinee
Q2k
Aw cute.

Yeah, haha. I think I had a momentary rage quit because GIMP froze up on me while I was drawing the toes so I think I just excluded them in general OTL Do you have any tips for drawing them? Q Q Toes and fingers are my bane OTL But additionally, thank you for the critique! ^ ^
LOTS OF REFERENCES! Look up refs of hands and feet and break them down into shapes! biggrin

Doing practice by drawing your non-dominant hand also helps a lot! Take a good long look at your hand, notice that it's a big almost-square-like shape with some circles at the joints, and then a collection of more rectangles with circle joints (DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I HOPE IT MAKES SENSE AHH)

Feet are basically the same, they're actually way easier to draw than hands because the digits coming off of them are so much shorter. Big rectangle-ish (or triangular, depending on the angle you're looking at) shape with tiny nubs coming off the end.

Hands are SUPER FUN to draw once you figure them out! I used to hate drawing them and avoided them at all costs by drawing characters with their hands in their pockets or behind their backs, but they're SO fun to draw now!

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

Q2k

Wowow! Thank you so much for the suggestions! Those are lots of techniques I've never heard of before and I definitely look forward to using them and applying them further ^ ^
And I feel you with the hands OTL Its such a struggle especially since I am still avoiding them OTL Q Q And I'll be sure to continue practicing them! Thank you once again for taking the time to give me such great advice!

Bajan Asian

o/

Dapper Phantom

You should check out Krita. I haven't had many problems with it so far, and the brush selection is awesome. Lots of extra features that GIMP doesn't have.

Yeah, I think my biggest issue is the toes, as well. Real feet are the best reference. But if you watch Rapunzel's feet or take a look at various tutorials or studies, they may help you. Your feet are mostly divided into thirds: the heel, the instep/arch, and the toes (beginning at the ball of the foot). They're a pain to get a handle on, much like hands, but it will definitely improve the aesthetic of your pic.

Friendly Gaian

[( Keep in mind this is the opinion from a person that cant do art for s**t but likes pretty things, just wanna make that clear)]

I really like this, it looks hella cute.
If i where to attempt to criticize it I would probably want more details on the things that flows from the dress (Got no idea what they are called) But it looks nice ether way. keep up the good work dear.

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

euclids_triangle

Oooh, thank you! I'll check it out in the future now you've mentioned it! And thank you for the critique and references as well! I've bookmarked them and I look forward to using them in the future to improve, so I'm truly grateful! * *)!

Dragonrica

No matter whether you're an artist or not! I'm sure you'd have unique viewpoints that should be considered as well * *)b
Thank you for taking the time to critique me as well as for the super duper uber nice feedback > < and I'll be sure to adjust that the next time I draw her ^ ^

Dangerous Gawker

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
just keep in mind the direction of the body and lining things up. draw it first before the clothing and you'll do fine.

Asian-ishh's Kouhai

Tipsy Bear

Chris_chris

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to do that next time * *)9

Friendly Fatcat

13,075 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ridiculously adorable. I think the only thing that's really bothering me is what looks like a shadow that outlines the bow. I feel like maybe it shouldn't be above the bow, since the light seems to be coming from above? (buuuutttt I'm not a fab artist, so it's very possible I have no idea what I'm talking about).
But I do think she's uber cute, and I love all the details elsewhere!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff