Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

The only times I've really put people on ignore were spammers or the occasional "Devil's Advocate" that you know is just there to stir up the hornet's nest and is being a bit too confrontational... (And that's not even when interacting with me, that's just me reading threads.)

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Jinglybell
I ignore pretty liberally on here. I do it so I dont accidentally donate to asses/idiots. So if I saw people saying crap like vendors deserve to have all their gold deleted, I put them on ignore so they dont get any of my vendor gold donated to their quests so win-win for everyone! heart
i approve of your avi

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I rarely ever ignore. I only ignore people who constantly troll or can't type a single sentence without using the words "f*ck" or "s**t." (Kids these days... they think they are so edgy. lol ) I believe I have 4 people currently on my ignore list? I'm sure at least one of them has been banned by now. xp Probably even more then once.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd I think I put some people in ignore because reading their posts mushes my brain...

xd I'm not a native english speaker much less a thugspeak/ghetto/ebonics(?) speaker (if this sounds racially biased my apologies then) so clearing out the worst offenders in my list just makes me more confident talking to others here.

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
xx I met my fate xx
I only put people on my ignore list if they've harassed me to the point of Pming me multiple times. I can get away from threads or just not read their crap but my inbox is my space. If they invade it they get ignored.

The only other person I have on ignore is my ex best friend of 10 years. She tried to ruin my marriage. She didn't like us together so she plotted with his ex and two people we thought were friends to break us up. Since the two people lived with us (We'd given them our extra room and even let them use our car.) they were able to catch us alone and sew doubt in my husband. I didn't ever trust them but they'd been friends with my husband far longer.

In the end they didn't count on us being the type of couple who actually talks but we are. We figured it out and cut them out of our lives.

Anyway, I have her on ignore because I don't want her knowing any details of my personal life. I don't think she's even active on gaia anymore but you never know.

then I've got one guy and no fewer than 20-something mules he made just to harass me.
i had someone I unadded after 7 years, my she was a catfish for one thing I never outed her but she was a huge begged when my mom got breast cancer she basicly took my moms issue and used it on herself for donations . That crossed the line

Tiny Shapeshifter

Well, it really depends on the situation at hand. The ignore feature is really useful when dealing with folks who spam up the forum with multiple advertising threads, but those are only temporary though. Those with permanent spots on my ignore list are ones I often come across as overly negative. Very few end up on my ignore list right off the bat.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dark_Maiden_Queen
xx I met my fate xx
I only put people on my ignore list if they've harassed me to the point of Pming me multiple times. I can get away from threads or just not read their crap but my inbox is my space. If they invade it they get ignored.

The only other person I have on ignore is my ex best friend of 10 years. She tried to ruin my marriage. She didn't like us together so she plotted with his ex and two people we thought were friends to break us up. Since the two people lived with us (We'd given them our extra room and even let them use our car.) they were able to catch us alone and sew doubt in my husband. I didn't ever trust them but they'd been friends with my husband far longer.

In the end they didn't count on us being the type of couple who actually talks but we are. We figured it out and cut them out of our lives.

Anyway, I have her on ignore because I don't want her knowing any details of my personal life. I don't think she's even active on gaia anymore but you never know.

then I've got one guy and no fewer than 20-something mules he made just to harass me.
i had someone I unadded after 7 years, my she was a catfish for one thing I never outed her but she was a huge begged when my mom got breast cancer she basicly took my moms issue and used it on herself for donations . That crossed the line

Ewww...I hope she got banned!

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
xx I met my fate xx
Dark_Maiden_Queen
xx I met my fate xx

Ewww...I hope she got banned!
i doubt she did she never was before so it's likely she didn't

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
It takes a lot for me to ignore someone because honestly I just don't care that much most of the time. It may have been different in my younger years on this site when I had more of a temper, but these days I'm more inclined to just say "meh." and let it go.

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
I have people on my ignore list, that have been there probably 6+ years.
I'm not even sure they're active anymore.

I've only put two on ignore, as of recently. Mainly because their responses are filled with four letter words, when they're not needed.
You can express yourself how you wish but, when it's something a bit more serious, you don't need F-Bombs or the C word.

I found out recently, someone has me on ignore, and I have no idea why. I don't believe I've ever spoke to that person before, ever.
Must have a friend or something that dislikes me, or I've said something they dislike. *Shrug* C'est la vi.

Beloved Stargazer

Being harassed in pms and accused of reporting them when I hadn't, apparently. emotion_awesome

But yeah. I only have one person on my ignore list right now for the above reason, among others.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I usually don't put people on ignore anymore because I don't want a list to help me remember them lol. My forgetfulness is my best ignore feature.

JohnKC8JZO's Wife

Sparkling Star

22,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Mostly spammers & a few people who I found to be incredibly rude or nastily mean. They weren't so to me or anyone I knew personally, but I found that I wished I had not encountered their posts, so chose to make sure I wouldn't again.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Other than spambot accounts...There's only too people on my ignore list.

One was from somebody I wasn't entirely sure they were trolling or not but had some pretty problematic views and opinions ("If you weren't asking to be raped, maybe you shouldn't dress that way", this was a thread in the GCD too holy hell.) I didn't even have a conversation with them but I just put them on their to save myself from the shitbomb that would happen if we were to meet. Prophylactic stress reduction, as I see it.

The other is someone pretty regular around here. And I actually did have a conversation with them and they were just so downright stubborn and inconsolable that I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. All they do is quite literally s**t on everything that isn't what they like and blame the artists for everything. Every now and again I see someone quote them and arging with this person and I just smile and say to myself "yeeeeep, still a piece of s**t".

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Always Be True To Yourself

I ignore people who spam tons of bubbles or letters in towns 2- it messes up the chatlog which is how I follow conversation with my friends. So it's more of a necessity than a want. I always remove them after as it was only for that session.

I have four people right now on mine, I clear it off once a week- just in case someone was being silly or having a bad day. Only people who are being vulgar, utterly abhorrent in their speech or are harassing me will get put on ignore for longer.

No Matter Who You Are

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces