Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Gaian

❀ ✿

If I hate something you posted or said to me I will ignore you. I do it on facebook as well. I am pregnant so I get flustered easily so I rather just block someone than see something that makes me mad or annoys me.

Sincerely,
Anne

Big Noob

I zap trolls and spammers.
I get zapped by people who don't like criticism. rofl

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

Never seen the use of an ignore function. I don't use mine and I'm not on anyone's list that I'm aware of.

Unbeatable Vampire

18,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
They have to be an obvious troll or something similarly annoying and/or insulting. I only have two people on the ignore list and I've been on Gaia for a while...

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
One time, I saw someone who self-identified as a fascist, "race realist" and anti-feminist in Site Feedback.

I was like "NOPE NOPE I NEVER WANT TO HAVE TO TALK TO YOU EVER YOU NAZI ********."

So now they are on my ignore list.

King Noob

- - -
Like most people, I ignore harassers. People who just keep on and keep on bothering you, and it's just nothing but boring. The kind of people who stalk or get their friends in on it. But that hasn't happened for some years.

Other than that type of situation, in all my years here since o3, I have only once ignored someone.
He was a douche for no reason. Everything he said was stupid, everything mean-spirited and it wasn't even funny. Or constructive. Every time I saw his ugly mug post around it did nothing but annoy me and bum my mood. This guy went out of his way to be an unfunny, dim-witted douche. At one point he even sought out an avatar I submitted in the arena (you know how rarely I do that? I wasn't even serious about it, just bored when I did it) just to say something like "Ew crossdressers are gross 1/5". So I ignored him, and nothing of value was lost that day. No regrets.

See, it's not that he made posts I disagreed with. I can respect when I see someone post their opinion on something, even if I disagree with it. It can still be constructive and fair. That's true for everybody but that guy. His posts were never constructive or worthwhile. Just ********' dumb, mean, and annoying. And he wasn't just some throw-away account of a troll, he was pretty decked out and serious about himself.

Now having said that. I actually have once more - just yesterday in fact - felt like ignoring someone again. I didn't, but goddamn that's the closest i've ever come. Without naming any names, she was a dumb c**t with a narrow mind. surprised She had this hands-over-ears and blah-blah drowning out anyone else's points way about her. Couldn't take 'er seriously at all, not constructive conversation, just damn near trollish. And an attention-whore routine on top of that. Blegh.
- - -

Divine Hellhound

I mostly use it to ignore mules that violate the TOS by dropping really disgusting images.

Actually I don't think I've ignore listed anyone besides that though I have been ignore listed a few times for my views / opinions.

Also once I told someone the comic they dropped was hella NSFW and they could get banned for it because it was against the TOS and they quoted me (couldn't see it) and ignored me because of it.

Even though THEY were the ones breaking the rules. I was even nice enough to NOT report them and tell them they should remove the NSFW link which had explicit masturbation / sexual themes because even though they were trying to make a point, it went against Gaia's NSFW TOS and someone less forgiving might come along and report them.

Sorry I guess...?

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

K i n g X u m o t - XVI
People who think they're funny by making a mockery of themselves.
Troll wannabe's
Arrogant people

Also, if I could ignore everyone in the Chatterbox I would.

Same here on the arrogant people. The update brought out a lot of people who are kinda like that, but only one or two users were bad enough to warrant blocking them.

Generally I only block people if they've blocked me. One of them was particularly petty because the reason they blocked me was essentially I didn't like their item idea and they thought blocking me instead of politely asking me to delete my post would solve their problems. Over time I found they had a slew of other personality issues so they'd stay blocked regardless of whether they unblocked me.

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I'm really nosy, and hate to be out of the loop, so my ignore list stays empty. Anyone who goes on it is removed rather quickly.

I used to set people to ignore on zOMG if they were being really spammy, but would remove them not long after.

I've only legitimately put someone on my ignore once, and that was because he had threatened me with physical harm. I know this is a forum site but I am not going to put up with that. I removed him a month or two later and no issue since.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
I only have two people on my ignore list..
One because she is a two faced asshat, and the other because hes a habitual liar and a general annoyance.

I tend to now use it.. I really don't give a rats a** if someone likes me or not.. because if someones not going to like me, they better have a damn good reason.. Not for something petty.

Anti Hero

34,725 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Winged 100
People who harrass me personally and are unreasonable, Spamming blocks of text in flash spaces, People who try to pw fish or con, Really bad roleplayers (takes alot of bullshit for me to ignore them though, usually. You'd have to derail the entire plot to my thread or cause a s**t ton of drama in OCC ) I don't remove people after ignoring them, better off without them.

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Dark_Maiden_Queen
Okay so I've recently been ignored by some one I am not fond of the function myself but I've used it before . What does it take for you to use it.

I personally use it to ignore people who scam others so I don't get scammed myself and it takes a lot but i use it also for people who really are either idiot trolls

So how many people do you ignore
And you believe in second chances and unignore them at a later time.

I rarely, if ever, put people on ignore on any sort of forum.

The last time I actually bothered to put someone on ignore was on Habbo, when people would enter a room & spam.

Otherwise, I have no real reason to. /shrug

Popular Sex Symbol

well back when i was more active on here, i was a big time vendor/exchanger so i always dealt with some a*****e vendor/exchanger. most, if not all, the ignored people on my list were from the Exchange forum lol

Mysterious Traveler

46,475 Points
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I have 477 people on my list and I'm always adding. I'll ignore anyone who shows any sign of racism/sexism/etc because I don't need to see that ever if I have a choice. I never unblock.

Jo Constantine's Partner

Colorful Technician

Because I see people being all super serious about their ignore button, I think it'll be fun to hear of another use.

When I'm RPing (on certain accounts more than others), I use the ignore button to the tune of being able to ignore over 100 users in the space of a month. It's not because I don't like them or they've been trolling or said something offensive, it's just because the recruitment threads can become overrun really easily with threads that I really don't care about. Especially back in the day when there were a tonne of request threads, since I didn't have an option to block the threads I wasn't interested in, I'd just block the user. It clears up the front page super fast. Every couple of months or so, I'd go through my list and unblock the people added at the beginning since tastes change and I might find something that I'll like. However, looking at a massive list of blocked people is really, really fun for whatever reason.

As far for ignoring people and keeping them ignored, I don't really do it. I think I've 'perma-ignored' maybe 5 users in the 11 years I've been on Gaia, and I removed them after a few years if I couldn't remember why I had blocked them in the first place. For most of those people, it was just that we didn't get along at all and I decided it would be easier to ignore them than bump into them again and have to rehash the same arguments over and over again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff