Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nyadriel
Badass! I would like to see the previews before making up my mind, though.

Me too, can't wait for the previews to come out.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Wrenry
But doesn't change a thing if all he does is still talk to fish. whee

Someone in the forums here recently b***h slapped me for saying more or less that.
Followed by a long rant about all the bad a** stuff Aquaman has done.

I've only had limited exposure to aquaman - most of it as p***y version who isn't much better than a sidekick.
The image in post 1 makes it look like they are going for the badass version of Aquaman which is something I could probably enjoy.
Faustine Liem
People who don't follow comics, don't even know HOW bad a** Aquaman is. They only think of the old STUPID Justice League cartoon on how he is. Forgetting of course how DUMB it showed all the other heroes to be as well. Not to mention the villains. Lex Luthor is not a bumbling idiot. He is an actual genius. Think of him like a evil Tony Stark.

Hell in JLU cartoon HE CUTS OFF HIS OWN HAND to save his son. ((then again the cartoon portrayed his wife as a little useless...))

In brave and the bold he is a WATER BENDER. Not to mention he trained Aqualad. You know the kid in the Young Justice Cartoon people LOVE? Yeah. He aint someone to be triffled with. Plus... he HAS fought Cthulhu and WON. The deep ones HATE Aquaman because he WINS.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ummm...

*clears throat*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hilarious Puppy

David2074
Wrenry

Someone in the forums here recently b***h slapped me for saying more or less that.

I've only had limited exposure to aquaman - most of it as p***y version who isn't much better than a sidekick.
The image in post 1 makes it look like they are going for the badass version of Aquaman which is something I could probably enjoy.

For the longest time Aquaman ******** sucked a**. He has only recently impressed me with the New 52 comics and The Flashpoint Paradox. He himself wasn't cool until he got that trident of his. Then he was the one ******** s**t up. No joke. But unfortunately, no matter how hard they've tried to reboot him into a badass, fans either don't notice or care. It's all about image and merchandising. Why would I buy Aquaman apparel if I could have Batman instead? So here's to hoping he's represented properly in the new movie. Someone could use the saying "on his last legs" and not truly be describing him. He's been on crutches for years!

So I encourage you to be weary about him. This movie is his last shot at being a household name. If he sucks in the film, don't let your hopes be dashed because I sure as hell don't have my hopes high for him. Just sayin'! 3nodding

Also, almost forgot, Aquaman hasn't... had a good time being outside of comics. Does anybody remember the Battle for Atlantis game? *shudders* Uggghhhh...

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Hopefully the new movie does him justice.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

For the longest time Aquaman ******** sucked a**. He has only recently impressed me with the New 52 comics and The Flashpoint Paradox. He himself wasn't cool until he got that trident of his. Then he was the one ******** s**t up. No joke. But unfortunately, no matter how hard they've tried to reboot him into a badass, fans either don't notice or care. It's all about image and merchandising. Why would I buy Aquaman apparel if I could have Batman instead? So here's to hoping he's represented properly in the new movie. Someone could use the saying "on his last legs" and not truly be describing him. He's been on crutches for years!

So I encourage you to be weary about him. This movie is his last shot at being a household name. If he sucks in the film, don't let your hopes be dashed because I sure as hell don't have my hopes high for him. Just sayin'! 3nodding

Also, almost forgot, Aquaman hasn't... had a good time being outside of comics. Does anybody remember the Battle for Atlantis game? *shudders* Uggghhhh...

Part of the problem is the sorrowful attitude about him "talking to fish". Well pooey! Ya know... he's "the Prince of the sea" for goodness sake! What else would he be talking to under the sea if not fish and sea mammals and whatnots that live down there?! He controls the power of the sea too. What else do people expect?

Hilarious Puppy

Nyadriel
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

Part of the problem is the sorrowful attitude about him "talking to fish". Well pooey! Ya know... he's "the Prince of the sea" for goodness sake! What else would he be talking to under the sea if not fish and sea mammals and whatnots that live down there?! He controls the power of the sea too. What else do people expect?

A decent videogame for starters. *shudders* Oh it was so bad... crying

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Ember F Strife
Nyadriel
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

Obviously the makers did not have enough imagination...

Hilarious Puppy

Nyadriel
Ember F Strife
Nyadriel
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

Obviously the makers did not have enough imagination...

If they had just read ONE freaking comic book, they'd make a far better game!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

Wait, you buy Batman apparel?
It is possible you are the one putting too much hopes into super heroes. LOL rofl

I'm just teasing you.
But seriously, I don't get hung up over any of the super heroes. I just enjoy the movie if they crank out a good one and ignore them if they don't.
And most of the time I just wait and borrow the DVD from my library so I'm not even directly paying for the movie. (Which comes in very handy like a couple of days ago watching mediocrity like Hercules)

So for me - if they have a movie with a bad a** fish man dude in it I may enjoy it.
But I won't give a crap if he doesn't bear any resemblance to the original Aquaman or if they do or don't follow the canon.

Hilarious Puppy

David2074
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

It is possible you are the one putting too much hopes into super heroes. LOL rofl

I'm just teasing you.
But seriously, I don't get hung up over any of the super heroes. I just enjoy the movie if they crank out a good one and ignore them if they don't.
And most of the time I just wait and borrow the DVD from my library so I'm not even directly paying for the movie. (Which comes in very handy like a couple of days ago watching mediocrity like Hercules)

So for me - if they have a movie with a bad a** fish man dude in it I may enjoy it.
But I won't give a crap if he doesn't bear any resemblance to the original Aquaman or if they do or don't follow the canon.

You kiddin'? I was the only 5 year old girl in Batman footy-pajamas! Of course I gots me some sick Batman shirts and whatnot.

But seriously, renting from the library is one of the best things I can think of when dealing with movies I'm uncertain of. 3nodding

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It looks like Khal Drogo was resurrected by the Drowned God! BADASS!!!

The only thing I don't like about it is that he's only godlike in his element, right? 90% of the DC universe can fly, so as long as they're 100ft above sea level...what can Aquaman really do? Now if Supes knocked a baddie into the water...

Tipsy Smoker

Aquaman is lame. He's like Yamcha. Is DC doing the movie?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ember F Strife
David2074
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

I'm just teasing you.

You kiddin'? I was the only 5 year old girl in Batman footy-pajamas! Of course I gots me some sick Batman shirts and whatnot.

But seriously, renting from the library is one of the best things I can think of when dealing with movies I'm uncertain of. 3nodding

I've never been very drawn to superhero clothing.
But as a joke I do have some Hello Kitty lounge pants.

Hilarious Puppy

David2074
Ember F Strife
David2074
Ember F Strife
David2074
Wrenry

I'm just teasing you.

I've never been very drawn to superhero clothing.
But as a joke I do have some Hello Kitty lounge pants.

I'm not wild about it either. I only own one superhero shirt actually. It's a tie dye shirt with all the superheroes on it that were drawn by Alex Ross, my favorite comic book artist ever. That's it. I'm not a nerd but I love comic books enough to recognize an artist just by looking at a picture. And seriously? Hello Kitty? Ugh. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff