Welcome to Gaia! ::

Energetic Bunny

19,650 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • The Sweetest 250

Oh no, the Seraphim is gone-- this is going to definitely complicate things.

Ranko-twin

Oh gosh, thank you! Yours is really cute as well. <3
Yes, it would be so adorable, sob. The Saints really are her family though;
I can't imagine anyone in the Saints really disliking her. The sad thing is,
that Judah isn't honest with anyone at all-- his outward personality is nothing
compared to his dull, empty self, sob. But I feel like Eden would know about
that side along with the Seraphim? Either way, he will try to keep her out of
it despite her stubborness. ; O; I can see a moment where she's like, "don't
treat me like a child" when they're arguing or something, ouch.

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100

I'm going to actually respond to quotes in the morning, but...
      There are relationship pictures for Chichiro, Eden, Angela and Taylor. In the Profile Topic now.
      I will get one for Judah after Rabbits finishes her profile/she puts one up in her profile topic

Utsuha Moon
      Ranko-twin
      Hope you two don't mind that I made them ^^;
      If you want a different one, feel free to put your own up
      or toss me a link to a picture you want cropped and I'll do it for you~

Bashful Regular

So many folks disappearing ;-;
Also, sorry once more for the delay, I've been feeling pretty uninspired lately but I'm getting my head back into the game~

Blonde and beastly's Significant Otter

Dapper Shapeshifter

Dangerosa

Actually, I'm going to have to thank you for making the relationship photo for Eden ^^ It kept slipping my mind and I forgot to actually do it sweatdrop

pastel rabbits

Oh yeah >< Poor Judah, I feel like Eden would try to hard to get some kind of reaction out of him by saying or doing stupid things. And that is true, huh? I mean, if Judah has been best friends with the Seraphim for years than Eden would know him just as long so she would know how he acts. X3 Yes, that is definitely something Eden would say. Maybe Judah in response to that would say something like, "But you are just a child."

esude

They are both kind of super sweet and innocent >< In their own way. Maybe, do you think they would have been friends in school?

Timid Newb

9,000 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Imma reply as Eva soon~! finally got through the stage of oblivion created by homework and such emotion_c8

oh and new peeps, I PLAY EVA ZE PRINCESS
HIT ME UP FOR PLOTSU AND SHAT emotion_dowant

Deldreni

Welcome back~! //cuddles
I only need to have a layout for angela~! after that we can totes start our kawaii journey for Wyatt and angela

btw they need to have a ship name xD
Angett
Wyela? XD

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100

BofaDeezeNutz
      What about Bob ? or John (Doe) ? xD I’m sure he’d call Roach ‘Dude’
      occasionally, but more as a nickname than anything. The way he now calls
      most people ‘b***h’ but still would occasionally use their name when speaking
      with them. Or in his head — gotta be able to differentiate between them all xD

Ranko-twin
      Glad to hear you’re enjoying the job! That’s always something I think is
      important >.<
      I’m sure you’ll be able to find someone to make a layout. Maybe someone will
      surprise you!

Utsuha Moon
      -waves cheering flag- you can do it!

Oh dear… now I really want to see that series.
      So many things to catch up on/start during the summer!

While a lack of or an extra amount of hormones could result in disability, there’s
      also the fact that certain hormones do decrease as we age. I know for sure that
      men lose testosterone and women lose estrogen as they get older. Course
      that’s like usually in their 50s for women but it’s possible that there are other
      hormones that people lose (first thing that i’m thinking of right now is the growth
      hormone, but then I believe that most people stop growing between 16-18. Is
      there anyone in this thing who got infected after the age of 18?). So it might not
      result in a disability depending on which hormone it is. Actually now that I think
      about it, the growth hormone might be close enough to the answer. I mean the
      growth hormone would allow most children to survive and all adults to die when
      they contract the disease. Then throw in the gene and that would reduce the
      chances of survival because not everyone has that passive gene.
      But grown hormone level + rare gene seems like it would be too simple of an
      answer xD

—————

I’ve used rate my professor but… this isn’t the English program xD I think that
      in the states there will be more of a variety of professors so I wouldn’t run into
      this problem xD Since my degree has always had a high level of French and
      the number of french professors are rather limited. There’s a professor I had
      first year who I tried to avoid this year cause he’s unorganized but… I got stuck
      with him again. I need the class and no other professor teaches it in French.

Ah but the difference between a Vermonter accent and a British Accent is that
      it’s native to the region and everyone speaks it. You wouldn’t say that someone
      in Vermont speaks bad english right? But if you started speaking slang all the
      time, I think people would say that even if it’s natural you should try to change
      it. Idk some people say it’s slang and others say it’s just a way of speaking so
      for joual i just kinda ignore it.

Also because of our weapon discussion, I had such a hard time deciding
      between a sword and a bow for my new character xD Decided to go with a bow
      for awesome Eva - Taylor face offs. I actually think facing off against utensil
      armed Saints would be terrifying. Imagine them throwing knives and just think
      of all the weapons they would have! Infected may have the power, but they gots
      the ammo.

-Catches box of cookies- thank you~ 4laugh
      For all the talk about Canada being bilingual… Outside of Québec, New
      Brunswick, and Ottawa, it sucks.

Jump into the scene! -offers box of chocolate for you to do it-
      Sometimes there’s just a conversation you just want to be a part of lol.
      And maybe Zeph told Chi to go into Alliance territory the day before. Or Eva
      did. Or Roach xD The Alliance has most of the malls and stores, so maybe the
      Royals need to find new clothes (for all the infected orphans and stuffs) -shrug-

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Dangerosa

I did it!
*rolls over and dies*

Yesss! Or you could potentially watch one episode a day. Watch it as you eat! That's what I do. orz

Testosterone doesn't really decrease a lot (it does a little), but estrogen is definitely a yes (in fact, after menopause, a woman's estrogen levels remain very constant). I don't think we should focus on estrogen or testosterone, because then no matter how we explain it, we would see more of one sex surviving over the other. Other hormones that decrease with age are aldosterone, calcitonin, and renin (source from Medline Plus). The growth hormone is slightly trickier, because the graph resembles a negative exponential function. Those below the age of 15-16 will have a significantly larger concentration of the hormone, secreted the most during the hours of 11pm to 3am (the peak occurs, on average, at around 1:40-1:45am). But the secretion of GH doesn't necessarily stop, and it only dips below 1,000 ug at around the age of 21 (in comparison, a 10 year old can easily secrete 2,000 ug of GH). If we're going for "the more we have, the better the chances of survival" like a chance game or something, and compounded by the fact that the immune system is not entirely developed until the ages of 12-14 (thus the strongest), then someone between the ages of 12 and 16 will have the highest chances of survival. An interesting factoid would be that women produce a significantly larger amount of GH than men (I read somewhere that it can be as high as 120x fold), so premenstrual girls would have a definite advantage despite their underdeveloped immune system. Study show that it's because of the greater amount of estrogen. However, doesn't that mean we would see more women than men?

Sometimes, complicated problems have fairly simple solutions! For instance, a TEDTalk I watched spoke of a man having a defect in a passive gene that rendered him immune to HIV (because virus needed two binding locations, but his defect rendered one of those binding sites useless, so the virus couldn't bind to his cells at all). Research has shown that introducing T cells with this mutation can potentially cure HIV (but its effectiveness and efficiency are still being researched). I know Timothy Ray Brown underwent this treatment, and it helped him fight HIV. But here you have an example of a really complex problem being fixed with something as simple as introducing mutated T cells. :'D

---

Wait, won't you be transferring to a US school? Which means you can still use that site to gauge at where your professors stand. Sticking with a professor isn't necessarily bad, because at least you know how to deal with them!

But imagine someone with a Southern accent coming up to Vermont (kinda like someone speaking joual going to somewhere that doesn't): The Southerner wouldn't be forced to give up their accent just because it doesn't fit into that of the native region's. Or is my understanding of joual funky? :'D

Pfft, bows all the way! I will be stalking their battle should they ever decide to face off against each other in the future. Don't give them ideas! Chi likes to have dramatic fights and not hide behind a lamp post from a barrage of silverware. On second thought, throwing utensils past a certain distance would be pretty hard without some sort of contraption (like a sling or something).

Nevertheless Canada is still doing better than the US, who just speaks English from corner to corner. That, and broken Spanish/French.

True. But still, that nagging voice in my head just makes me go ಥ_______ಥ
And good points. I haven't thought of that. Must take notes.
I'm insanely curious, but who has Chinatown?

Bashful Widow

Utsuha Moon

HELLO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE CHI BUG SAGE?
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY CHI WOULD EVEN GO TO ALLIANCE TERRITORY, BUT I AM FLIPPING LOGIC THE BIRD, SO HELLO.

Yes that sounds wonderful!
Sorry I was so afk lately. Work >.<

Toxic Regular

esude
BofaDeezeNutz

I got the profile PM but ive been a lazy bum and didn't put it up putting it up now please post away

but I've never gotten a PM with a question :C

It's all good, I understand how it gets. ^_^

And about the question, I may have sent it to the wrong person. x_x

But it's okay because I answered it for myself anyway. ^_^

Energetic Bunny

19,650 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • The Sweetest 250
Dangerosa

I'll put up my cropped image of Judah once I finish his profile! c:

Shy Wargle

Hey, Wargle! I'm currently applying for Judah the Cherubim, and
I'm still trying to think of his information right now, ahaha. Judah and
Eva probably won't get along either way LMAO, but I will definitely
have to plot with you. emotion_dowant

Ranko-twin

If Seraphim's controller agrees with me that Judah and Seraphim
have been friends for years, then Eden will definitely know how
he used to be-- his old personality is very similar to his outward one,
but she would know his depressed state? If that makes any sense.
He will definitely react to Eden's attempts though, haha.
Yeah he would probably answer that-- but in a more lighthearted way.
He would probably ruffle her hair or something LMAO.

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Ms Seven Sins

THAT'S OKAY!
I will have the post done some time tomorrow. c:

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
i broke my language setting on my laptop
so now im typing in a weird font
[insert cackling]
C8

Vineuse's Princess

Trash Unicorn

Utsuha Moon
[insert cackling]
C8

beautiful

Phantom Charms's Husbando

Divine Faun

Utsuha Moon
[insert cackling]
C8

A+ job

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100

Yo, Saints peoples! Mind if we do a bit of plotting?
      Let's see if I can quote everyone from memory...
      esude
      Cat
      mrotsy
      Ennis
      pastel rabbits
      Judah
      Immris
      Izzy
      Ranko-twin
      Eden
      Think that's all... ninja

Taylor’s profile is done and just need to try to figure out relationships and stuffs.
      She’s the Malakim or “messenger” so that’s basically the role I’m hoping she
      has in the Saints. Like a liaison position or someone who would help with
      information gathering (especially given her connections). Anywho, if you guys
      wanna plot just let me know~

Utsuha Moon

Even if the secretion of the growth hormone doesn’t stop, the fact that it does
      go below a certain level would be cause enough for some people to survive
      below a certain age and those above that age to have a higher chance of
      death, no? I mean, yea if we factor in the immune system and the fact that
      there would be more women who survive than men (at the moment it’s fairly
      even in the rp. Although based on what I’ve noticed, role-plays tend to lack
      males and have an abundance (or over abundance) of females) then I guess
      the growth hormone idea wouldn’t really work too well. (And am I the only one
      who thought of General Hospital when reading GH? xD). From what I looked
      up, the other hormones you mentioned all seem super important orz. Like you
      said, a decrease or increase of one of them would have not too good side
      effects. Which does seem the same with most of the other hormones I decided
      to look up (well the ones i could remember off the top of my head —
      adrenaline/epinephrine, thyroid hormones). The one thing I did note was that
      Melatonin doesn’t really seem to cause many problems? Well at least when it’s
      taken synthetically. And it’s apparently good for the immune system in some
      studies.

Why… hasn’t that TEDTalk received more press? You’d think by now there
      would be someone out there who would catch onto this. Unless the
      pharmaceutical companies are making a killing selling those cocktails and don’t
      want anyone to catch on. Or there’s some nasty side effect/other illness that
      could result from the mutated T-cells that is just being discovered.

Oh yea if I get in, I’ll be transferring state-side. But this is one thing I’m trying
      not to be too hopeful about. If 3 MSU students are sent here, then they only
      send 3 of us down to MSU. And they only exchanged 1 student last year crying
      While it might not be bad because you know how to deal with them, there’s
      also the “why the heck am I stuck with you again?” thing. At least there is for
      me. Even more so when you still don’t know how to read them.

That’s true but if someone applied for a job and when they went to the
      interview was only capable of speaking Jamaican patois and was very reluctant
      to speak “proper” English, then they would have to change. At least… I’d
      assume so cause most customers/clients/general public wouldn’t be able to
      understand.

And you were warning me not to give the Saints any ideas lol Just watch them
      build a catapult or those cool Medieval tower barrage contraptions and use
      them for attacking the Infected xD

(At least the parts of the country that speak more Spanish/French aren’t trying
      to separate every few years xD)

And Based on the Map of Manhattan, The Royals probably have Chinatown.
      It’s an 8 minute walk from the Court House xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces