Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the OCC thread for the Milkyway Academy for the Supernatural/Gifted RP!
This thread is for OCC talk and brainstorming about plot twists/ideas for the roleplay.

Join the RP! //click here

Post your character profiles that have been accepted by rainbowzcolor or Draotia here! //click here

MewMewMocha's Princess

Devoted Muse

12,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Hi! So I was thinking about enrolling two teachers and it says classes, what types of classes are there? I mean is it just a normal high school but replace humans with supernatural beings or is a full blown, "let's control our abilities" sort?
HalflingPuppeteer
Hi! So I was thinking about enrolling two teachers and it says classes, what types of classes are there? I mean is it just a normal high school but replace humans with supernatural beings or is a full blown, "let's control our abilities" sort?

It's kinda like a normal high school but there are additonal classes and such like brewing or helping students with their abilities like flying/fighting, whatever you can think of. C:

Lightbringer

Hey there. This is a bit of an odd question for an OOC thread, but I figure that I might as well try it somewhere. Don't feel pressured to have an answer, I'm just taking a 'try something crazy' approach.

I consider myself to be a pretty capable writer, but when it comes to RPing, I tend to only put out one to two paragraphs. They usually consist of my characters thinking about something that happened or was said, and then perform an action and/or make a reply. I know I can beef my post with a description of the surroundings or some such, but there's only so many things in a scene that you can describe before it becomes redundant imo. So, to ask in a roundabout fashion, what do you do to give your posts more length?

Also I'm asking this since I'm interested in joining but don't wanna try joining if I can't reach the bar.
Takarashi
Hey there. This is a bit of an odd question for an OOC thread, but I figure that I might as well try it somewhere. Don't feel pressured to have an answer, I'm just taking a 'try something crazy' approach.

I consider myself to be a pretty capable writer, but when it comes to RPing, I tend to only put out one to two paragraphs. They usually consist of my characters thinking about something that happened or was said, and then perform an action and/or make a reply. I know I can beef my post with a description of the surroundings or some such, but there's only so many things in a scene that you can describe before it becomes redundant imo. So, to ask in a roundabout fashion, what do you do to give your posts more length?

Also I'm asking this since I'm interested in joining but don't wanna try joining if I can't reach the bar.

Oh, no worries, no worries!
It doesn't have to be three paragraphs (i think i said three). I just prefer if it was three.
Last time I tried to do a Schoop RP like this, I said one paragraph was fine but then eventually everyone started to do one paragraph with like hardly anything and the rp eventually died off.
I prefer it to be three because I don't want people getting lazy or just giving people really bad replies.

>.<;; sorry, i should have clarified!

Lightbringer

RainbowZ Color
That's understandable and good to know, but I'm more interested in knowing what sorta stuff that you (and others really) do to give more meat to your posts, since I wanna be able to give back more when I'm given replies of such lengths. If you don't mind me asking, of course.
Takarashi
RainbowZ Color
That's understandable and good to know, but I'm more interested in knowing what sorta stuff that you (and others really) do to give more meat to your posts, since I wanna be able to give back more when I'm given replies of such lengths. If you don't mind me asking, of course.

I like describing my character's reaction and emotion to some super cool event that just happened. C:
Or if it's just a back and forth conversation with another character, I like to bring up ideas that my character is thinking about asking the person they're talking to if they want to hang out some place.
I mostly like to describe the surrounding or the actions of my character but with more cool details.
It's kinda hard to exclaim but that's kinda what I do. ;-; ''''
//sheepishly twiddles thumbs

Lightbringer

RainbowZ Color
Yeah, I imagine it's difficult for most people to explain since it's so natural for them, and is part of what makes it hard to determine what it is that I tend to lack. But that is very helpful, thank you.

So, with that said and done with, what kinda time period is the RP set in? Modern day?
Takarashi
RainbowZ Color
Yeah, I imagine it's difficult for most people to explain since it's so natural for them, and is part of what makes it hard to determine what it is that I tend to lack. But that is very helpful, thank you.

So, with that said and done with, what kinda time period is the RP set in? Modern day?

modern day ^-^
oh gosh, I should put that too xD
though most people would assume it's modern day and not back in the revolutionary war, haha

Lightbringer

RainbowZ Color
When 'fantasy' comes up I find it always gets murky. If there's not much filtering, there's people running around in suits of armor alongside people wearing kevlar and such. Hence why I ask to be sure. cx
Takarashi
RainbowZ Color
When 'fantasy' comes up I find it always gets murky. If there's not much filtering, there's people running around in suits of armor alongside people wearing kevlar and such. Hence why I ask to be sure. cx

haha, okay C:
I hope to see you join, though! ^-^

Lightbringer

RainbowZ Color
Aye, I'm working on a profile right now. Fingers crossed.
Takarashi
RainbowZ Color
Aye, I'm working on a profile right now. Fingers crossed.

Can't wait!

wait did you send a reserve first because if you did, i didn't get it? ^-^;;;

Lightbringer

RainbowZ Color
Oh, uh, I know it's backwards to the purpose, but I prefer to have my profile complete before sending in a reserve, since I tend to make a lot of changes to my characters as I make them. But I can put in the reserve now if it puts your mind at ease.
Takarashi
RainbowZ Color
Oh, uh, I know it's backwards to the purpose, but I prefer to have my profile complete before sending in a reserve, since I tend to make a lot of changes to my characters as I make them. But I can put in the reserve now if it puts your mind at ease.

oh, no, it's fine because at first I thought you skipped out on that rule, haha
it's all good! ^-^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas