Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Nerd

So recently I was thinking, "why is Dainty Dragonslayer called Dragonslayer? There's nothing about it that fits the theme...I mean it's obviously a reference to the Pokemon Sylveon..."
Like a couple of days later it hit me that Sylveon is a fairy type and in the Pokemon world fairy types are strong against dragon types XD

You guys ever derp like that?
Not too affected since I'm not into Pokémon and can't afford the item anyway.

Luca and Oishi's Princess

Light Warrior

42,675 Points
  • But it Refused 500
  • Pokekaiju Contest Extraordinaire! 500
I had a similar issue with Pebbled Heart and Underground Sound. They're supposed to be Nana references, but I was like "I don't get it".

But pebble=stone (black stones is a band name in the manga) and heart probably just refers to the big ol heart on Nana's one jacket.

I guess underground sound is just a overall nod to the fact punk rock isn't very mainstream.

When I heard the name dainty dragonslayer I was expecting frilly bloody armor or something. I was much more pleased it was a sylveon item.

Stellar Succubus

Only when Ive realised names are not written how I thought they were. That Id been misreading an items name for ages. I am glad no one can hear me say some of the item names... Id blush eternally.
I actually had the exact same revelation regarding the exact same item last night XD

King Noob

- - -
Everyone seems to have understood Chyaku Norisu but me. emo

I didn't realize the Dragonslayer's Sylveon reference until the recolor/shiny version came out.
- - -

Angelic Enchantress

22,000 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Zaade

- - -

I didn't realize the Dragonslayer's Sylveon reference until the recolor/shiny version came out.
- - -

Chyaku Norisu is the japanese pronouncation of Chuck Norris.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I understood the reference right away.
(I still don't understand why Sylveon's got the title of "Dragonslayer" though. For Sylveon to even be remotely in OU tier, you need Pixilate + Hyper Voice and invest like half your EVs in HP. Otherwise, my Goodra eats your Moonblasts for breakfast and vomits Sludge Bombs at you. /end pokenerd rant emotion_c8 )

I had a derp moment with Digital Music Mystery Drama.
Until I looked at the first letter of each word. emotion_facepalm

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Zaade

- - -

- - -

Say "Chuck Norris" in a stereotypical, badly dubbed Kung-Fu movie voice.

Tiny Alchemist

It took me way too long to figure out why idiot hair came with a white flag. I loved Hetalia then too.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Zaade

- - -

- - -

LOLLLLL

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Nah I knew what it meant instantly.

Demonic Lover

Anything that's a pun usually flies past me, I mean puns as in pronunciation stuff x ox; I just never ever get to talk in English so stuff like that is just not even processed until someone spells it out for me XD

fxxkin demon

I don't usually get anime/manga references. I can tell when it's an item based on something but that's about it.. Like when the Death Game came out I was pretty sure it was a reference to something anime related. And sure enough another user pointed out it was from a new show.

The pokemon stuff was easy to pick out though. Through my travels on tumblr I've seen artwork based on the pink fairy dog/bunnies.

Questionable Man-Lover

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces