Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Shapeshifter

10,675 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
ok I have to write a compare and contrast paper for English class(college) and I have trouble starting a paper. I chose my topic to be anorexia and bulimia but starting it is the problem. anyone willing to help just a little? sweatdrop crying

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Have you done your thesis for the paper? I ask because without that thesis your paper might as well be an incoherent mess.

Dangerous Enabler

My magic formula for writing papers is to skip the intro completely when I'm starting out: outline your paragraphs and what you're going to include. This works really well if you've already got a couple sources you want to mention. Bullet point it or do a super rough draft.

Then your thesis statement is a one-sentence summary of what you're going to talk about, and you already know it'll be relevant to what you're talking about.

Tipsy Shapeshifter

10,675 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
Sinster InkPen
Have you done your thesis for the paper? I ask because without that thesis your paper might as well be an incoherent mess.
no I have not..

Tipsy Shapeshifter

10,675 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
phantomkitsune
My magic formula for writing papers is to skip the intro completely when I'm starting out: outline your paragraphs and what you're going to include. This works really well if you've already got a couple sources you want to mention. Bullet point it or do a super rough draft.

Then your thesis statement is a one-sentence summary of what you're going to talk about, and you already know it'll be relevant to what you're talking about.
oh I see this helps thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces