Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
...I'm only human, just a little human. ______________ _________ __ _ ℓ υ c ι α

Lucia opened the single wooden door to the small building in the back corner of the castle where all the guards lived and everyone in the hall yelled out a "GOOD AFTERNOON, MA'AM!" in unison before resuming their eating and chatting. She slipped in between the filled benches to get to the back where the soldiers selected to serve food for the day were stationed. They loaded up two plates with roast chicken, bread, cheese, and even a small side of greens and Lucia took them to a small table in the back where the higher ranked soldiers sat. Grabbing an extra chair, she sat them both down with two lieutenants and while eating had a short, awkward conversations here and there, but at least somewhere in it, they had introduced themselves to each other.

>>>

That night, through a hidden backdoor in the wall, they made their way around to where the note indicated and waited in the nearby grove of trees, the bushes doing a decent job at hiding them, especially with it being so dark. As they waited, Lucia sat against a tree trunk, weaving blades of grass together into a lanyard to pass the time. Before they left the guards' building, she had changed into a clean shirt and replaced her bracers with a pair of black, worn ones. Across her chest was also strapped a dark metal spaulder, covering her left side and neck.
Sophonisba

Sophie eyes widen briefly, but she made sure that there were no other signs to reveal her shock. Now this was a windfall. Although her mother had made sure that she was well versed in the art of espionage, her status as a peer of the realm made performing some of the more thief-like work impossible. The consequences of being discovered simply made the risks far too high. But a handmaiden... There was so much potential there. If Sophie could encourage this girl, be her patron, she could both secure loyalty from her while also gaining a valuable ally. And even if the girl ended up biting off more than she could chew, Sophie could yank her out of just about anything short of an imperial death sentence straight from the queen using her political heft. Her mother had instructed her to start building herself a network.Although she had a list of several possible contacts and starts, it was much safer to train her own agents to sow mayhem in the capital, without allowing it to be traced back to her. Weakening a dynasty was hard work, and would need a variety of agents.

"How simply marvelous Alex! You must let me help. I wish I could meet this future teacher of yours... Sophie trailed off, hoping that between her natural charm and sense of kinship with the girl, combined with the pressure of her siren blood, would be enough to manipulate the girl into letting her meet this thief. If her handmaiden was to be a thief, she wanted to make sure she was trained to be a damn good one.

She could teach Alex what she know of the art of the silver tongue, as well as how to act and blend into nearly any social setting, and some small protective magics and knife tricks, but the confidence and skills of thievery were best taught by someone living the life of a thief. Sophie herself had to make sure that Alex was both protected yet properly trained, and couldn't easily trust that task to some shadowy figure. Her mother's prerogative was too important.
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Once Odeir had his supplies, Ranimadrix lead him outside the mansion, and out the city gates.

"It's not far from here. Our cottage is just a few feet into the forest. My father was injured near the far end of his farm fields."

The half-dragon lead the elderly warrior into the treeline. Once he was sure they were out of sight of the gates, Ranimadrix removed his cloak, letting his emerald green scales shimmer in the sunlight. He folded up his cloak, tucked it under his arm, and resumed leading Odeir. "Forgive me. Truth be told, I don't like wearing this cloak. I find it to be... too restrictive."

Before long, they had reached the cottage, passing it, and arriving at the destination at the end of a moderately sized farm field. The ground at the site smoldered, but showed no signs of a fire. In the center lay a single man, resting on his back. He looked to be fairly old. At least in his mid 50s. His body was lightly smoking, and covered with a series of leaves and herbs. He seemed to be unconscious, having most likely passed out from the pain of the acid burns.

Ranimadrix approached the man. "I'm back, father. I brought a healer, just like I said." He leaned down, tears welling up in his eyes. "You're going to be fine." He then looked back up to Odeir, nearly pleading for his assistance now.

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| »

Alex shrugged, she couldn't stop talking now. "Well, if there are truth to your words my Lady, then you may join me sometime tonight. I will have to withdraw to my chambers first to prepare, however." Perhaps the thief could be able to teach Lady Sophie how to fight as well. Looking back on her conversation with the thief, Alex found her decision rather rash now for the first time--not in the sense of her not wanting to learn anything, but the guarantee of her safety with the man. Bringing Sophie along was looking like a better and better idea--at least in the girl's currently foggy, overly-happy mind. The handmaiden couldn't quite pin the source of her trust for the Lady, but at this point it was too late to reverse her actions. Yes, this will work, the two of them tonight, meeting with the thief. The danger of getting caught was only contributing to the idea of fun.

Alex began to part from Lady Sophie, remembering the time. "Sophie, if you agree with me, then meet me at my door within a couple hours. I hope you do not tell anyone."

With that, the handmaiden made her way out of the room, her excitement building as she hoped for the note to be there back in her chambers.

------

Some time-skip later.....

------

Alex had borrowed some spare pants she had managed to muster from the coal boy that evening. He had offered her one of his extras, when she had dropped by to give an excuse she conjured off the top of her head at the time. The handmaiden would apparently sleep better with pants on rather than her nightgown--a supposed "custom" back in her homeland. Of course the boy would be the only one to believe her.
She had learned that the pants were too big--and had fastening them with a long ribbon tied around her waist. Committing the fashion faux pas of the century. Alex gave a mental note of going to buy something more practical for herself the next time she happened outside the castle.

The handmaiden put a shawl over her head, covering her obvious red hair. Alex would wait for a few moments for her Lady to knock. If nothing were to happen soon, then she supposed she would best be on her way.
Sophonisba

Sophie waited the few hours before she was to meet with her handmaiden in her room. Due to "upsets in the castle's workings" there was to be no formal dinner in the castle this night. Ah well, at least this meant she'd get a proper luncheon presentation tomorrow.

The young heir of the Astarte estates did not spend her time idly however. She took several callers of nobles, but these were no Lady Dormers. The nobles she met with in this time were allied with her mother, and to varying degrees knew of Sophie's purpose in court. They were either going to profit from the schemes to be set in motion, or thoroughly blackmailed or bribed. Only a few were actually on board as true friends of the Astarte, but it was of these that Sophie was most wary.

Eventually, she sent away the last of her callers, and readied herself for the meeting. She adjusted the knife in her sash, and tucked three more into her outfit. Two went to her feet, cleverly disguised as an ornamental part of the sandal straps that circled up her legs, and the other thin, tapered blade, more a large deadly needle than a dagger, was hidden in her light headdress, serving as a kind of hairpin. The cotton bracelet stayed around her wrist. Finally, she covered her face with a dark veil, the type the holy sisters of the death god wore, and drew a loose black cloak over her shoulders. It wasn't much of a disguise, but backed with her siren's blood and natural guile, it'd be enough to ensure none would know it was her. She left her chambers quickly, letting the guard posted outside her doors assume she was just another of Lady Sophonisba's callers leaving for the night.

She reached the handmaidens' wing quickly, and knocked on the door of her Alex. She looked at the tiny quarters and made plans to move Alex to her suite. There was plenty of room, and it'd let her keep an eye on the girl. Impatiently, she rapped on the door again, hoping the girl hadn't lost her nerve

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

In the quiet darkness near the castle there were far fewer sounds of wildlife compared to being back home on the borderlands, Row felt as though she could hear every person nearby, even without enhancing her perceptions. She noticed Lucia braiding grass and thought of an idea herself, partly to pass the time and partly to catch the thief. "Braid it in a loop if you can...like this," she whispered, then demonstrated how she meant and started adding in some flowers to the braid, namely a handful of bittersweet blossoms along with the grass.

"Statur motus, ligare veritate..." she whispered again as she worked on the loop, her eyes glowed faintly golden in the darkness as she enchanted the simple strands of grass and flowers. "This should stop anyone we an get it around, and compel them to answer any questions truthfully while it encircles them. On the border, where I lived, you work with what you have. Sometimes that's cold iron, other times it comes in more natural forms."

Rowan looked out across the area, it wasn't a cold night but she shivered anyway. It reminded her of too many nights as a child, having to stand guard and raise the alarm should a group of bandits appear, or a neighboring country's patrol. It had been a long time since she had felt safe.

((Eyyyy fillerrrr~))

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

Lucia held the finished the loop out to Rowan, "I'll let you take care of that. Knowing me, I'll probably snap it when I swing my sword." She took a slow, deep breath of the cool night air and started another braid of grass, deciding on a different design. "There aren't many plants up in the north and what there is, people pick them quickly before the snow covers and kills it. I was surprised to see how little it snows here. And the amount of grass."

|| Yay I'll filler with you ||

---

Odeir, despite having a slow movement speed in general, kept up decently with the half-dragon and didn't lose his pace across the distance. He had an old, heavy duty fabric bag over his shoulder that clinked and sloshed occasionally. The size made it look like it would weigh as much as a wooden chest, especially with the large iron buckles holding it closed, but he carried it like it was nothing. In fact, he looked more comfortable with it on. Arriving at their destination, he set the bag down in the dirt, not minding since it was already stained with so many different substances, one of them being blood of course. "I see you covered him, well done." He gave a reassuring smile and pushed the leaves off to inspect. With no hesitation, he gently opened his bag and took out a knife, cutting open the front of his patient's shirt so it laid out flat underneath him and got the acidic fabric away from his wounds. With a large flask of water, he cleaned the burns and started applying a strange looking paste to them.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
[ A R T E M I S ] / G E R E T H I V O R Y

Time always seemed to go faster talking with friends, Artemis hardly felt the hours go by while he talked about his time in the castle, and listened to what they had been up to. Well, Ivory and Artemis were really the only ones talking, Gereth was too absorbed translating the black book Artemis had stolen from the castle library. "How's it going over there G, Woa." The part of the bar in front of Gereth had been covered in papers with numerous markings in both common tongue and something Artemis didn't recognize.
"This book is really something, I think it has history from before the Age of Dragons."
"...And that means what?"
"Tell me you're kidding. You should know that when the Age of Dragons ended, almost all information from that time was destroyed. This tomb has information about dragons no one has seen in hundreds of years! For instance: there was once a kind of dragon, a species so powerful both humans and dragons hunted them down and banished all of them to another plane."
"Yeah yeah that's great I don't care. The moon is starting to come up so I'll be getting my day started."
"Wait it is? Already?"
"Yeah, you late for a date or something?"
"Or something, it's been fun, but I've gotta run."
"I'm too curious not to see this 'or something' you're up to." "Fine tag along, I'm just repaying a debt."
"You must have more honor than any other thief I know." Artemis and Ivory headed for the door of the pub, while Gereth began gathering up his papers. He would head back to one of his more private spots and continue reading in peace.

(((Just a heads up, I plan for Artemis to be the last one to the meeting spot.)))

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| »

Alex opened the door the moment she heard a knock, seeing Lady Sophie on the other side. A silent nod with a knowing look. "Shall we, Lady Sophie?" and then motioned for them both to walk toward the side entry of the castle.
For now there was no one in the castle halls aside from the nightwatch. This was about the time most of the castle was fast asleep. Men in armor were clanking around corners with a sort of slow, steady pace. The two women huddled within the shadows cast by their lanterns when they came, and walked toward the opposite direction. Their bodies were pressed against the walls, not daring to breathe for fear of getting caught and having to explain their situation. When the coast was clear, they would run to the wooden door for the side entrance of the castle. This was typically where the servants came from to bring in their fresh fruits straight to the nearby kitchen.

There were a few guards littering the upper balconies when they stepped outside. However most of them seemed to be yawning distractedly at this point. What luck was that? Such a smooth exit for them both, almost like magic. Alex couldn't help but give a quiet giggle, pulling Lady Sophie quickly down the stairs toward the Alaxandria Garden and out of sight of the guards.

"We're close now, he said that we should meet him over there, outside of the far wall." The handmaiden pointed toward the garden wall opposite them, approximately 200 yards ahead now. Alex was becoming a bit giddy with excitement. "Ooo! You ready to go?" she asked, turning to Sophie for an answer.
[ R A N I M A D R I X ]

Ranimadrix sat, eagerly watching Odeir work. His tail began coiling around his leg. A bit of a nervous habit he'd developed. He could almost feel his anxieties building up, and tried to take his mind off it by looking over the damage to the nearby field. The acid damage was undoubtedly going to affect their crops this season, but they'd still have enough to get by on.

It was then that the half-dragon noticed that it indeed had gotten quite dark. "I'll return shortly. I'm just going to grab a torch." As he walked back to the cottage, his mind began to wander. He loved his father, but a family betrayal of this magnitude, his mind just wouldn't let him ignore it. He wanted revenge. He could feel the desire in his blood. At the cottage, he lit up a torch, not really having time to do so earlier in the day. One of the few times he was grateful for his draconic blood, granting him night vision.

His thoughts continued to drift as he moved to return to Odeir and his father, before settling on the images of the sheer numbers of guards he had seen back at the mansion. Even if he did want revenge, he had been raised as a farmhand. He didn't know how to fight. But maybe he could learn...?
Sophonisba

The walk to the meeting place was quite uneventful. Sophie marveled that someone who lacked all of the typical grace found in a handmaiden could walk so quietly and smoothly through the night. Alex might have a natural talent for this kind of thing. As they went, Sophie hummed softly, making sure that a field of drowsiness surrounded the two girls. No guards interfered and before long, Alex turned and pointed out the spot, asking if Sophie was ready.

Sophie stilled the humming, and made sure her knives were all accessible. Her eyes swept the grounds, noting all the spots were observers could be hidden. Luckily, they too would be equally well hidden. "I'm ready," she whispered softly back, her eyes sparkling from behind the veil. As a final precaution, she pulled the white cotton-looking bracelet to the outside of her sleeve, and focused for a second, feeling it activate under her touch. Then she and Alex sallied forth to meet the thief.

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
[ R O W A N ]

Rowan raised her eyebrows a bit, surprised to get anything of the Captain's past out of her, maybe dinner was simply awkward because so many others had been around. "I have never seen snow, but I know the hardships of the cold, to the west in the mountains, every year everything is killed by chill, almost nothing grows, animals vanish, and people turn on each other to survive. It is not a pretty sight, but it does bring groups together for the sake of survival, as long as no one becomes petty or jealous, we usually have enough to last the harsher months. One also learns what is edible and what is deadly fairly quickly. Foolish children who put things in their mouth do not survive to spread their stupidity to the next generation...is that a lantern?"

She grasped the chain and leaned to the side to see if she could catch a glimpse of the light she had seen. She hoped their hushed tones had not already been overheard. She squinted into the fair amount of darkness and considered casting something to sharpen her vision. For some reason her arm began to ache where the strange growth was, and she could sense it was spreading, what a time for it to flare up...she ignored it and continued to peer into the darkness as still as a statue, not unlike hunting dogs would when they smelled prey.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
[ A R T E M I S ] / G E R E T H I V O R Y

Artemis and Ivory made their way out of the Thieves Guild HQ, and up to the streets above. The sun had just set and the moon was beginning it's rise. The two thieves walked quickly along the back roads towards the castle. Ivory looked up and closed her eyes, "Doesn't the night air just make you feel alive?" "Ironic choice of words for a vampire." "Come on, I may be undead but I still have a sense of humor." Ivory looked just like a young girl under the age of fifteen, but in truth she was older than Artemis; even if she didn't act like it. The two were nearing the meeting spot when Iris stopped. "I think I'll get a better view this 'or something' of yours. You won't see me, but I'll be there to laugh at you when your bad luck kicks you in the-" "Just go if you're going!" "Heh heh heh, I'm going." Ivory stepped into a shadow and vanished. I've got to get her to show me how to do that. With the reminder of his bad luck Artemis decided to take a few precautions. Artemis made his way silently to the wall, a few dozen meters west from where he said he'd be, and climbed the wall to a point where he could just see over it. There was a lantern held by one of two shadowy figures heading for a gaudy iron door that led outside the wall. Either there was an unscheduled patrol coming, or the girl had brought a friend. Either way the odds of this being a trap were rising. Artemis thought he saw someone move in some of the brush a ways east of his position. It could have just been a shadow, or an animal, or a young couple trying to get some privacy; Or it could be guards waiting to ambush me. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid. Paranoid or not, Artemis was still hidden by the dark of the night for the time being. The moon was rising and Artemis didn't want to take any avoidable chances. He scaled back down the wall and snuck into the trees. He climbed one with a good view of the doorway and waited as quietly as he could. If the person he was expecting showed up, then he would show himself. If not, then he could easily escape. He let out an almost inaudible sigh, I hate waiting.

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
|alexandra| »

Alex rubbed her hands together, then turned her head forward, and gave a wide grin, her excitement rising. The garden was wonderful at night, she had never been out of the castle this late before. There was a light breeze in which caused the leaves to stir gently, and fireflies were dancing from within the darkness of the garden almost like pairs of floating eyes. Everything was so calming.

The two approached the gaudy large iron door in which would lead to their intended meeting spot. Alex pulled the shawl down a little more to cover more of her face, peering around behind them as an extra precaution. Everything was fine! Her hand stretched out and began to push open the door with all her might--it was quite heavy.

The door creaked open, slowly, and Alex was just able to get it open enough to be able to squeeze the two of them through. The handmaiden began to step outside.
Sophonisba

Sophie hesitated as Alex slipped through the door. She followed her handmaiden through and then stopped. "I don't want to scare your er, 'friend' away." Thieves were notoriously tricky to deal with sometimes. "I'll wait here, by the door, so you can go ahead a little way and meet him. Let him know that you brought a patron, but don't tell him who I am, just that I am wealthy and have enough status to back you, as well as him, if I find him suitable as your mentor." As the girl nodded, Sophie slipped back so she was hidden next to the door, just outside of the archway it was housed in, leaning against the wall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff