Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

User Image
    User Image

Lucia rolled onto her back and sniffled, the sound bringing out a tiny chuckle at how pathetic she was. Why was she even crying now? Nearly a decade had passed since then, was there any point to be upset by it now? She took a couple of deep breaths and closed her eyes. They were beginning to sting from the wind.

”Ugh...where am I now…” She gasped at the voice behind her and flipped onto all fours. The forest was gone, replaced with a bright white plain that seemed to go on forever. It was deadly silent and the floor underneath was as cold as the color. A couple of yards ahead of her sat a man with his back to her, hunched over, rubbing his neck as if out of exhaustion. Lucia got up into a low crouch and began to approach him, slowly, hesitating. He didn’t have his usual armor on, like she had been so used to seeing, and just had a plain shirt and pants, but after years of riding into battle behind him, she knew that back anywhere.

She reached out a hand towards him, ”William…?” almost there...The moment her fingers brushed against his shoulder, he spun around with a sweeping kick and knocked her onto her side with a thud that echoed all around in the empty space, along with her breath. He pounced her and wrestled her onto her back before throwing a punch at her face. She heard a sick crack and instinctively brought both her arms up to block as the pain shot from her nose, feeling blood beginning to pour out. Blindly, she grabbed his neck and flipped him off her with a backwards roll. ”Fine, I deserved that.” Getting up in the process, Lucia pinched her nose to squeeze some of the blood out and shook it off her hand as she watched William. He glared at her, his stance low and ready to attack. ”The first time it caught me off guard, but that disguise isn’t going to work anymore.” ”What are you talking about…?” He twitched when she spoke and she immediately took a step back, her arms up again to block. ”It’s me, Lucia! I swear!” He scoffed, ”You didn’t even bother hiding your tattoos this time.” She looked at the ink that now covered her skin and, realizing what was going on, sighed. Carefully, she held her hands above her in a surrender position and lowered herself back onto the floor, crossing her legs, never breaking eye contact with him. She put her hands together in her lap. ”Is this a new game?” She shook her head, ”I just want to talk.” ”And I don’t want to.” ”Please?”

William narrowed his eyes and looked ready to unleash a string of profanities but instead sat down like she did. ”Where am I?” ”I don’t know. I thought this was just a dream but I am absolutely certain this pain is real.” She wiped more blood onto her shirt, ”All I know is Aidan transferred your soul to me so that might have caused the scenery change.” ”And who are you? A fellow b*****d?” Lucia gave a half smile, ”I may as well be with what I did to you.” He looked away for the first time. ”How can I prove it’s really me?” There was a silence. ”What happened at my last jousting tournament?” ”I told you to keep your lance up more for the final round and you didn’t listen so you got pushed off your horse and broke your foot.” He cracked a small smile and looked down at his hands. ”But I’m guessing you still don’t believe it’s me.” William shrugged, ”We’ll see.”

Lucia opened her eyes to the forest and sat up. She looked around, a little dazed and confused, but was thrown into reality when pain blossomed in her face. Her hands pinched her nose lightly, her eyebrows knitted together. ”For God’s sake…!”

|| Sorry, using orange for him too cuz there aren't that many colors to pick from ||

x

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image
I've got a one way ticket to destiny.
A one way road to my future...
And an intersection that will seal my fate...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rowan heard faraway whispers as the vision of the next shrine lifted her away in her minds eye. They were too numerous and too soft to understand but they seemed urgent as the scenery flew past her, she saw the sun rising over the coast when it finally stopped and she groaned inwardly. The whispers quieted as she saw an island off the coast. She could not seem to travel any closer, as if a barrier blocked her way, but she sensed where the shrine was, once again deep beneath the earth, but now without a clear path it would be much more difficult to reach it she feared. She felt the scenery slowly fading to black as her eyes opened, but in that last second she felt such a sadness, like grating stone, calling out to anyone who might be able to hear. It was so poignant and so painful she woke to G's words with tears in her eyes. She wiped them away on a sleeve and took a breath.

"I know where we have to go..." She stood up and dusted herself off, with a sigh she looked sadly down at her now transformed body. She did rather like the shade of her scales, but that much purple just felt...flamboyant. "...but you will not like it. We should leave this place, Ash needs to be somewhere warm and comfortable, not lying on the cold floor. Do you have another of those secret bases we can make our way back to? I have no idea what time of day it is above either, we still have to get out of the castle..."

Rowan fretted over the present and the future as they made their return. Ash was still in a magical backlash coma and wasn't much help when they re-emerged to a slowly awakening castle. Much like in her vision of the coast the sun was just beginning to turn the sky from the deep velvet of night to the pale wash of morning with pink clouds stretching across the horizon. As the last stars faded from the sky the band of thieves slipped back out the way they had come in, albeit with more splashing and getting damp than when Sophie had conjured a liquid staircase for them.

Once back in the thieves hideout she cleaned Ash up as best she could and tucked him into one of the beds before returning to the area they had originally planned their break in. She took a seat across from G and folded her now scaled hands.

"The next shrine is in the east. On what could only be the Astarte Estate." She awaited the inevitable fallout such a bombshell could elicit.

((you can have orange, i'm gonna switch Ash to teal i think))

______________________________________________________________________________________________
You didn't have to offer your hand...
For since I've kissed it I am at your command...
...but you did.
User Image

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
User Image
User Image

Alex was looking back at the forest behind her, her wide panicked eyes seeing the dark figures of the three bandits keeping up with her somehow.

"Come back little girl! We only want to play" One of them called out, sending goosebumps up her spine.

"Leave me alone!--oof!"

A collision. Alex was knocked back onto the floor and landed on her a** with a gasp, as she looked up at the tall, towering figure booming words down at her. She flinched as she shut her eyes tight and expected the bandits to thank this man for stopping her, and taking her away to her fate. She felt their shadows draw near, and heard their voices come up close behind her.
              This is it. This is the end.

But they didnt. Instead they got whooped in a manner of seconds and the handmaiden opened her eyes hesitantly to find them paralyzed on the ground.
              Alex looked up again and saw the hulking man staring down at her, talking. She jumped up abruptly, adrenaline running through her veins again--what had he done? How had he done it? Was she next?

Her legs were shoulder-width apart, getting ready to dash, and silent at his words. "Th-thanks..." she murmured quietly. Alex cautiously watched him make his way to the woods, noticing that he was not bothering to look back at her, and when he had disappeared completely within the shadows, Alex tiptoed in the opposite direction....then continued her run.

--some time later--

"Am I...am I lost?" Alex wondered aloud, stopping into a clearing that looked all too familiar. She had sworn she had already seen that marked tree...and the trampled long grass on the otherside wasn't because she had already been there, was it?

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

User Image
    User Image

Lucia had gathered her things from the ground and headed off in the general direction she felt the thieves' hideout was. She had a tiny smile on her face now, knowing her conversation with William wasn't a dream, and her nose finally stopped hurting, so that was a bonus. As she wasn't very far from the clearing, she heard Alexandra's voice easily and turned around to meet her. Stepping into the clearing, Lucia looked at the teenager with a confused brow. "I thought you went back to the castle...?"

x

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
User Image
User Image

"YOU!" Alex exclaimed, pointing accusingly at Lucia as she turned toward the source of the new sound.

The handmaiden grabbed a nearby branch that was about the size of a toy sword. She would use it like one now as she pointed it at the woman, "Why are you following me?"

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
A R T E M I S / G E R E T H / I V O R Y / C H U R C H

Church was walking on alone when the sun began to creep up over the eastern horizon.

"My my, is that the time already? I'd best be on my way to the meeting spot, Gereth doesn't approve of being late; perhaps it's for the best that the young lady didn't come along. I might have fallen into the trap of conversation for quite some time." Church headed off towards the main part of the city at a good paced jog.

--Meanwhile at Gereth's Beta Base--

"The next shrine is in the east. On what could only be the Astarte Estate."

There was a tense silence around the table. Even Artemis knew that "dangerous" was the understatement of the year for their next destination.

"It would appear that our time together has come to an end." Gereth could almost feel the tension snap at his words, but before anyone could explode with the wrong emotion he continued. "As you may know, the Astarte hate everything in-human or magical in nature. Or it would be more accurate to say that they despise anything they cannot control with their Siren abilities. Such beings pose a threat to their subtly expanding dominion. For myself, Ivory, or you, Rowan, to go anywhere near the eastern shores would mean committing suicide. No, I won't risk my friends' lives, or my soul, for this endeavor. The guards that patrol the cities of the east are all experienced in both physical combat and lesser magic. The Eastern shores will be guarded by only the best of those guards. No, not all the stealth or magic in the world could get us there. We can't help you anymore." Gereth gave a pause for dramatic effect and to set up the timing for the next part.

He picked up again right as Rowan was about to speak. "We cannot help you... but he can." Gereth motioned to the door where Church was just entering.

"Sorry about the delay-" Church noticed Rowan sitting at the table, someone he didn't recognize, so he thought it best not to call Gereth 'Gereth' "-G. I arrived in Capital City sooner than I had planned so I thought I'd take a walk in the woods. Guess I lost track of time." He rubbed the back of his shaved head; he had a slightly embarrassed smile on his face.

"I'll forgive you this time, I myself only arrived a minute ago. I cannot remove the splinter from your eye, while I have a plank in my own."

Church walked over to the table and set a small satchel bag down under his chair, "Been reading up on your divine literature I see. I've been praying for you to find the peace you've been looking for, I hope it's been helping."

Gereth placed one hand on his forehead, "Oh but where are my manners? Church, this is Rowan, an acquaintance of mine with in a rather peculiar condition. Rowan, this is Church, a priest of the nine divines."

"A pleasure, Miss. What's this about a "peculiar condition"? And what do you have planned for me, G? You wouldn't be telling me this unless I had something you needed."

"You know me too well Church. She needs to go East, to the estate of the Astarte Family."

"You know that's crazy right? The mage guards would find you as soon as you entered eastern territory! And their not the type of people who ask questions before attacking, if you know what I mean."

"Not if she were traveling with a priest to seek a cure from the divines for her stone skin disease."

"But she doesn't have -- Oohhhh."

"Ooohhhhh."

"Ohhhh? Am I the only one who doesn't get it?"

"Moron, Church takes Rowan to the Temple of the Nine, from there to the Thieves Guild East branch headquarters, and from there to beneath the Astarte Estate."

"Oooohhhh."

"What are you looking for under the Astarte estate?"

"A dragon shrine. There will likely be a door that responds only to Rowan's presence, beyond that there will a large chamber with an egg and an ornate wall with a portion of dragon speech written on it. I need you to copy it down exactly."

"A door? Would this door happen to have a lot of runes engraved on it, be completely unopenable, and have some purplish crystals around it?"

"That sounds like our door, but how do you know about it?"

"Well, the guild back east was looking to expand some of the tunnels that lead near the Astarte castle; as you know they're some of our best clients. So while the guild was excavating a new tunnel, they found the door I described. Nobody could open it, nobody could dig around it, so the boss made it into a sort of betting tool. Five silver pieces to try and open it, whoever gets it open wins the pot. That door has humiliated more people than I can count."

"Well, that simplifies matters. If there's nothing else, you two should get going. The three of us have other things to begin working on."

(((hey Q, if you have any objections/opinions on where the door is, lemme know and I can change it. I don't want to over step my bounds here.)))

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
”Following you?” Lucia looked around, certain this was where she had parted with Alexandra earlier; her blood was even on the grass to the side. ”This is where the bandits ambushed us. I have been here since.”

Alex peered around, her face showing her extreme confusion. ”I...I came...you’re telling me...I came...full...circle?!” She stared at Lucia for a few moments, before finally falling down on her knees. Exhaustion completely settling in. She was tired, so tired.
The handmaiden laid down on the grass further, her cheek now on the floor. ”I don’t even care anymore.”

Lucia sat down on the grass close enough to Alexandra to talk comfortably quietly, but still at a distance. ”Not even if I told you I talked to your brother earlier?”

Alex gave a muffled “mmph” in response, her eyes closed. Sleepy. ”You don’t have to say things just to make me feel better.”

”I would not lie about that.” The ex-captain had a small smile on her face, ”He thinks it’s not me, though, and he broke my nose.”

Alex gave a small muffled laugh, ”Good. What else did he say?”

Lucia shrugged a little, even if Alexandra couldn’t see. ”I didn’t have a chance to really say anything to him...but...you believe me, then?”

”Isn’t it funny...I actually trust the demon more than you at this point.” Alex said, opening her eyes.

”I don’t blame you.”

”As you should. I am, after all, very trustworthy.” Aidan appeared then, laying on his stomach, resting his cheeks in his hands, his elbows propped up on Alex’s back. ”Is this what it’s like to be trusted? I may tear up from the emotion just bubbling up.”

Alex grumbled, mostly to herself, Speak of the devil...,” then rolled over away from him, in a way that demonstrated her irritation. Hopefully it would be enough to knock him over.

”Oh, you flatter me. The Devil is a very respectable man, I would love to introduce you t-” With his armrest suddenly gone, Aidan caught himself by slamming his hands onto the grass, avoiding a faceplant in the dirt. ”How rude.”

”Aidan, what did you do to William?”
”Hm? You’ll have to be more specific, dear.”
”Why is he so paranoid? He didn’t believe who I was.”
Aidan chuckled to himself, ”I may have messed with him a little.”

Alex raised her eyebrows now, pushing herself up onto her knees. ”So, you aren’t lying then? Where is he? I don’t see him?”

Aidan rolled his eyes at her, ”I already told you I’m honest. Why do people always doubt me?” He moved to lay on his side, propping his head up with a hand. ”How are you supposed to see someone who doesn’t have a body? I thought we went over this already.” He picked up a random leaf and began rolling it between his fingers.

”He’s kind of...in...me? Contained in me?”

Alex gasped, walking up to Lucia now suddenly, placing her hands on her shoulders. ”Is he in there right now?! Can he hear me?!” she asked desperately, her eyes searching the ex-captain’s.

”Uh…” Lucia’s hands flew out behind her to keep her from rolling back onto the grass, ”I...don’t know. I don’t understand how all this works.”

”How could you not understand?” the handmaiden answered. Alex pulled away after making a frustrated noise. She stood up now instead, pacing. Her thoughts in a disarray. It was then that she suddenly felt the necklace around her neck turn piercing hot, in which caused Alex to snap out of her movements with a loud yelp.
”Ahhh! Get it off! Get it off!” she struggled frantically with the necklace stuck halfway up her head, finally ending it by throwing it onto the grass floor. There was a sizzling sound as the necklace glowed red with heat, then calmly settled down to its original state.
There was a pause as the girl stared at it for a few moments, the silent seconds ticking past.

Lucia jumped to her feet when Alexandra burst out and reached to help but the girl had already gotten rid of the necklace by then. She watched the gem carefully, expecting something to happen but it just laid there, fading back to its worn appearance. She picked it up carefully and flipped it a few times in her palm. Suddenly, her vision flipped to the white room she spoke to William in, but she was alone. She spun in a circle, her eyes searching the endless void around her. ”William!”

Back in the forest, Lucia appeared to be spacing out while staring at the necklace, staying still for a little too long. With a sharp gasp, her body jumped back to life rather violently. She breathed as if she had almost drowned and looked around with a panic in her eyes. ”Where am I...What…”

Aidan smirked and stood up slowly, ”Oh? This is interesting.” All he got was a glare in response. ”What are you doing here?”

Alex turned to Aiden now, rubbing the sore spot on her chest that was still stinging from the slight burn. ”Did you just happen to notice Lucia just now or something?”

He simply pointed at Lucia’s...body. ”That, Lexi, is your dear, sweet William. Prettier than the last time I saw him.”

Alex rolled her eyes, ”Ha ha. Very funny.”

”Lexi...Alex?” Was it really his sister? She was so...tall. ”How long have I been gone?”

Alex took a few cautious steps toward Lucia, eyes slowly narrowing with each step. ”Let’s just say If I were to entertain this...idea.” Her head was tilted, her stance like that of someone approaching something deadly, like a tiger. ”Where is...Lucia now if not in...there?”

”Lucia? In where?” He looked around, not seeing the woman, but was suddenly distracted by the long black hair getting in his face. He looked down, touching the hair, noticing the tattoos all along his arms...and he had...a chest? ”She was telling the truth...” he muttered in disbelief and looked up at Alex. ”What happened to Lucia? Why does she have these?” He gestured at the tattoos.

Alex’s eyes widened, and she took a step back, ”Will?! Is it really you? It...can’t…” The girl took a deep breath, parting her feet so that she anchored herself to the forest floor, holding her ground.
”If you really are Will…--” she started, pointing a threatening finger, but then was interrupted by his question about tattoos, ”--I don’t know and I don’t care!--Anyway, if you really are Will...then tell me about what you did when I spilled jam all over the armor father gave you that day.”

He crossed his arms, ”Easy, I made you wear it, and called you the jam-queen that day.”

Alex smiled, ”Idiot. Only you would’ve come up with that response.” Her eyes roamed and found Aiden, which caused her mouth to turn sour again. ”This is all probably some sort of sick joke to you, isn’t it?”

Aidan shrugged, ”It’s certainly different, and in my line of work, different is fun.” He crossed his arms like William, ”At least Lucia is still in there so at least I didn’t lose a reaper. However...” He began casually pacing, ”She can’t exactly do her job if you’re going to be randomly taking over her body, so here’s what we’ll do: you find a way to give Mr. Knight a body and I’ll supervise.”

Alex crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at him, ”So its as simple as that? Why don’t we visit the morgue or something?”

”Because I don’t have a way to put that soul into a body in a...functioning way. If I did it, his soul would just float around in the body like a firefly in a jar. How this,” he gestured at the Lucia/William combo, ”happened is beyond me. Besides, if you grabbed a body from the morgue, it wouldn’t look like William, would it?”

She answered with a frustrated growl and threw her hands up in the air as she started to stomp towards Lucia. ”Well then I don’t know! How on earth am I going to deal with this!” she gestured at Lucia at the last word, an accusatory gesture, ”Do you know how much torture this is for me? My brother is wearing the face of someone I hate! And not only that, he has…” Alex gave a pause as she inhaled, ”...boobs!”

After her rampage was done the young girl sat back down onto the grass, exhausted. She curled up her legs so that they were held up to her chest, and she placed her head down onto her knees.

William couldn’t help but look down at the mention of ‘boobs’ and his hands came up slightly as if to check if they were real or not but with a shake of his head, he disregarded those thoughts and sat down by Alex. ”I’m sorry this is hard for you...what happened between you and Lucia?”

Only the muffled whine of Alex could be heard as she refused to lift her head up. ”Because she is the one to blame for all this” she continued to say, her voice the tone of complaint.

”Is that what she told you?”

”She didn’t need to.”

He sighed, though the odd femininity of the sound confused him for a second, ”It isn’t her fault, Alex.”

Alex stubbornly ignored him.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
”Actually, if you’ll excuse me for a while; I have some things I need to take care of on my own. A few errands to run, so to speak.” Gereth stood up from the table, picked up his bag and left his base. He needed a few things for his experiments, and he had to wait out some time before heading back to the castle to pick up a job from the Astarte woman. He needed to first check on his ongoing projects back at his Delta base, the one that had been compromised. There was delicate work that he had been forced to leave unfinished. As Gereth was walking through the woods behind the castle he heard voices. Familiar voices. He moved silently towards them and waited behind a tree to learn anything he could from the conversation. But he was a little late to get much off of those conversing. It was odd, he could only hear two voices; but from what he could gather, there was someone else involved that was both silent and invisible.

But there was something wrong. The two voices Gereth could hear were those of Lucia and Alexandra. But something was… off about Lucia’s voice. It was definitely her voice, and with a peak around the tree he was hiding behind, it was her body as well. But she was speaking as if she were someone else, the emphasis, phrasing and inflections were different, among other things. Gereth focused, tapped into the ambient magic around the clearing. And there it was: there was a soul inside of Lucia’s body that wasn’t her’s. And it sounded like that soul was currently in charge of her body

I may have just found a new test subject for my homunculus project.

Gereth stepped out from behind his tree and took a few steps towards the two girls in the clearing.

”You have something that doesn’t belong to you. Tell me, Lucia, what are you doing with someone else’s soul inside you. Been dealing with demons, have we?”

Lucia stood up in a defensive stance, eyes narrowed as she listened to the stranger speak. He knew a little too much about the current state of affairs and this was just at the first second of meeting. ”What is it you want.”

”Before we get to business, why don’t we start with simple introductions. Those who know me, call me G, What may I call you? Seeing as how you certainly aren’t Lucia.”

”For now we’ll stick with Lucia. It is her appearance, after all.”

”So be it then, Lucia. What I want is to make you an offer. You have a soul without a body of it’s own. I happen to have a body with no soul, and the means to integrate one into it. I can even manipulate it to look however I desire. You wouldn’t happen to be interested, would you?”

”And what would you be expecting out of all this, should I take your offer? I certainly have nothing to give you.”

”What makes you think I expect something in return? You don’t know me, I could just be doing this out of the kindness of my heart.”

”In this world, there is nothing done out of kindness for strangers.”

”True enough, you sound like you’re speaking from experience. I have my reasons though.”

Alex had her head perked up the whole time from the moment the strange man had stepped out from the clearing. However she had somehow managed to remain silent this long, at least up until William had chimed in with his doubts.
”Lucia--Will. Lucia?” she said, confused on what name to use anymore, ”What choice do we have here? What do we have to lose?”

If only you knew little girl, if only you knew.

”You trust him?”

”I mean, I’ve seen him with someone else whom I trust, does that count?” she answered thoughtfully, thinking of the thief.

Lucia raised her eyebrow, wondering what the hell had happened since he ‘left’. ”He’s suggesting to take my soul and put in something he created and that doesn’t sound suspicious or risky?”

Alex’s tone went up an octave as she tried her best to relay her thoughts, ”Oh I’m sorry, did you want to be trapped as a...as that--” she gestured at him, ”--forever?! I want my brother back.”

”Alex of course I want to be back in a body but this is a little haphazard…! And Lucia’s not a...nevermind.” She sighed, already exhausted from this conversation and the events, and turned to the man, ”...Fine. When and where?”

”Right now, follow me.” Gereth walked away, whether the others followed was up to them, the destination was the same for him either way. He reached his Delta base in about five minutes, unsealed it from his concealment magic and walked in and down the stairs. He turned the knob on the black door at the far left of the small hallway at the bottom and walked in, leaving the door open.

Inside the darkened room were two large slanted tables one of which had a featureless human shaped body strapped to it. The body had no face, hair, or other defining features. There were a number of small tables around the operating tables with many beakers filled with odd liquids and tools ranging from scalpels to bone saws and everything inbetween.

Alex followed behind the man eagerly, in awe of the magical door and now peering around the room in wonder. It wasn’t until she noticed the strange disfigured body that she let out a disgusted ”Eugh!” that she took a few steps back, ”What on earth is that thing?!”

Her brother entered as well, face distorting in disgust. Leaning down by Alex’s ear, a quick whisper, ”You’re telling me you trust this man?”

Alex turned to the side and whispered back at him in a hiss, ”Do you have a better idea?”

”To answer your question, that is a homunculus. An artificial human body, it’s current appearance is nothing more than an unfinished masterpiece. A piece of chiseled stone, and I am it’s sculptor. If you can provide a picture, or description of the person who will inhabit this body, I can alter it to look as close to them as I am able. After that, once the soul is inside it, it should even itself out to look even more like it’s host soul.” What he didn’t tell the two ladies was, In theory anyway. I’ve never managed to actually fuse a soul to a homunculus body without destroying both. But that was when I was attempting to rip a soul from oblivion and use it here. With a soul that’s been brought here by a demon, I’d estimate a 12% increased chance for success.

”Um...blond hair, a little over six feet, a knight...”

Hearing how hard, and how slow, it was to describe, Aidan gave a very impatient sigh and snapped his fingers. Out of nowhere, a piece of paper came into existence and floated down into the scientist’s hands with a detailed sketch of William.

”Interesting, I assume we have your demon friend is responsible for this. Well either way, this speeds things up a little.” Using the sketch, Gereth cast a number of spells on the body, altering it to look like a slightly disfigured William. The body was the right height, had the right hair color, but the facial features were only similar to that of the picture. the body also had no gender specific parts. ”That’s as close as I can get it. Once your soul is integrated, it should even out to become as close as possible. Go ahead and lie down on this table.” Gereth motioned to the empty table next to the William homunculus.

A discontent glance at the body later Lucia walked over to the table but before even touching it, she had a thought. ”And what will happen to Lucia’s body?”

”Good question. I can’t really feel her soul inside, it’s more than likely she’s become a reaper in a deal with whatever demon brought you back from oblivion. In all likelihood once your soul has left her body she will regain control of it. Although her condition is questionable, I haven’t had much experience with reapers before. From what I do know, how long and well she functions on her own is more or less up to the demon that has her soul.”

”Reaper…” Lucia muttered, shooting a glare at Aidan who was now leaning ever so casually against the door frame, watching with an amused smirk. ”I’ll deal with that later.” She hopped up on the table and laid down, her heart rate shooting up instantly.

Alex walked over to Lucia, placing a hand on her arm and saying steadily, ”This will work. It has to.” before retracting her hand to make way for Gereth.

”I’ll have to strap you down for… safety. If you start moving once we’ve begun there could be… complications.” Gereth used ties on the table to strap Lucia’s arms and legs to the table. Once both bodies were strapped to their respective tables Gereth folded his hands and began the spell to transfer William’s soul to the Homunculus. He gathered his magic and began to focus. Lucia’s body began to glow blue-green.

”Are you sure this will work?”

”Ah ha ha ha ha, I HAVE NO IDEA! It was very rare that Gereth ever displayed any emotion, but this was a special occasion, Gereth actually laughed out loud. And before anyone could object to the mad man’s experiment it was too late. There was a flash of blue-green light and a bolt of energy flew from Lucia into the homunculus. Then there was a rather violent shockwave that knocked everyone standing up onto the floor. If it worked it was most likely excruciatingly painful for both Lucia and Wiliam.

From his place on the floor, Gereth looked up at the two bodies. Back to emotionless mode he asked, ”Well, that went better than expected. Nothing exploded this time.”

Lucia had been laying on the floor of the white space, unable to sleep, nothing to do, no one to talk to this time. She pondered where exactly she was and if this was what William had been going through all these years. To go a decade in a place like this would’ve driven her mad and from the way he had reacted to her, worse had happened to him. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, unsure of how to pass the time nor how to get out, when she felt a stab at her chest. She bolted upright, clutching the source of the pain, feeling like she couldn’t draw a breath for fear of her chest ripping open.

On the outside, her body convulsed and shook, her limbs pulling at the straps as she tried to escape. A blood curdling scream ripped through the room, drowning out any noise the transfer would have made, but just as quickly as it had come, it fell silent, save for Gereth’s comment.

The William Homunculus accepted the soul transfer and began to shift it’s skin. It’s skin tone and facial features changed quickly to match William as he saw himself. It was a much smoother transition due to having a head start.

”Fascinating.”

In moments, William opened his eyes but immediately squinted at the light in the room. He could feel his head pounding from his heart beats, the straps tight against his skin, and smell whatever strange substance was in the room. ”Did...it work?”

”’Work’ is a relative term.” Gereth stood up, ”It worked in that your soul is now in the Homunculus body, It didn’t seem to change as much as I had thought it would. And there’s no way to tell how Lucia faired.” Gereth unstrapped William and handed him some pants. ”How do you feel?”

Alex let out a small gasp as she watched her brother take shape right before her eyes, interrupting Gereth for that moment. ”W-William?” her eyes were wide with wonder as she stepped toward him, hands hovering, completely unsure on whether a single tap would break him into a million pieces. She kept her eyes away from a...certain spot as she continued to watch him cautiously.

”Alex?” William answered in the same wondering tone, ”Is that…--Everything is so bright.” He was squinting hard as he tried his best to blink away the bright torch perched above him. Even though the room was rather dark for everyone else. It was a reaction akin to someone being reborn. He brought a hand up to shield his eyes as best as he could.

”Oh thank goodness!” Alex exclaimed as the young girl went to hug him tightly, causing William to let out an “oof!” as she collided hard with his stomach.
”Eeeeasy there kiddo,” he said, ruffling the top of her head affectionately, ”It’s good to see you too, now let me get up now to get myself a bit settled.”

William quickly took the pants and pulled them on, his mind subconsciously taking note of some...missing parts, and stepped over to Lucia’s side. He unstrapped her while glancing at her face every so often to check for any changes. ”Lucia?” he called in a soft voice, his hands light on her shoulders, but no answer. ”Lucia?” he tried again, his fears beginning to come true as she continued to lay there, still. ”Wake up!” William gave her a few shakes, his eyes searching for signs of life in a panic, going for another call when all of a sudden she took a breath and her eyes sprang open. She sat up, in shock, as she had in her white world, and looked around, dazed and confused. Seeing someone standing by her in her peripheral, she hesitantly looked over, gasping at who she saw. ”You’re...but this isn’t…” William kneeled down to get to eye-level with her and took her hand, ”It’s a little complicated...but, uh...hi.”

”H-...hi.”
”I’m sorry I punched you in the face.” he said in a low, awkward voice, met with a chuckle of disbelief from Lucia.

”Well this has been quite the adventure, now I’d appreciate it if you would all get out of my house. There are some things I need to take care of. Volatile things; and it sure would be a shame to lose the body you just got.”

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

User Image
    User Image

When the thief spoke, Lucia realized she was still staring at William and snapped back, looking around and seeing Alexandra. She quickly withdrew her hand from the girl’s brother and cleared her throat. ”Y-yes, of course. Thank you for your help, if there is anyway for me to repay you, please let me know.” Lucia slid herself off the table and though she felt dizzy, she caught herself with the edge and continued towards the door. ”I will take them to the other hideout, if that is alright with you.”

With a nod from him, Lucia made her way out, back into the dark forest, and took a huge breath to calm herself. Unfortunately, it only made her chest and throat tighter. It was a moment she had only dreamed about for so long and yet even when it's come true, she didn't feel as...ecstatic as she had thought. Her stomach twisted with the thought of talking to him now that her initial shock had worn off. "Maybe I could just apologize like he just did...Not that it would make all of this better." As if having Alexandra hate her for all of it wasn't enough, Lucia couldn't even begin to imagine how William would react. For now, it seemed like he had either forgotten about it or his memories weren't all there from the soul transfer. "But how long could I drag it on for?" She sighed again.

x

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
User Image
User Image

Alex's smile faded as she watched her brother interact with Lucia, but then brightened up again once he turned to face her.
              "Oh, I sure hope this isn't a trick or anything," she stated softly, reaching up to place two hands on each of his shoulders as she tried to turn William toward her. "It almost seems too good to be true, Father will be so pleased that I wonder if I might see him cry for the first time."

"I promise it is me kiddo," William answered Alex with a half smile, then he bent down with a twinkle in his eye, "And if its not, then I give you permission to--" it was at that point the man tried to lift Alex up onto his shoulders, much like old times. but was caught off guard by her weight, "--oof oh my, but you have gotten heavier with time."

Alex let out an annoyed huff, "Not heavier, taller, now put me down you old geezer!"

The two began to laugh as they walked out into the forest after Lucia. Nothing but bliss as they didnt bother to turn to Gereth on their way out, assuming that the man wanted nothing but his own company at that moment.

Their laughter paused as they saw Lucia, William noticing her sigh,
              "Oh come on, why the long face?" the man asked teasingly, the smile still on his face. Alexandra's had faded as she watched him walk over to her, a shadow crossing her face. William placed a hand on Lucia's shoulder and gestured broadly out into the forest, "Chin up! Life is grand! I am alive once again!"

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

User Image
    User Image

Lucia's shoulders tensed when William touched her and looked up at him, "I just-" Alexandra's expression caught her eye and she quickly ducked out from his hand to set out to go around the back of the hideout towards the other one. "We should get going; it's already so late and I'm sure you need your rest after all of...that." She rested her hand on the hilt of her sword and began to lead the way at a rather brisk pace.

x

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
User Image
User Image

William frowned, a bit hurt by Lucia's curt responses. He stood there and watched the girl walk into the forest. Alexandra walked up and took his hand silently, looking up at him with a smile. It made him feel a little better.

'Well brother, I suppose it is time we showed you the wonderful land of...The Capitol!" she exclaimed with the slightest hesitation. Yet the handmaiden excitedly began to pull him along after Lucia, a spring in her step. Her jovial movements seemed to mask the smallest vibration in her necklace....

Back at the castle, in an old dusty bedroom...a jewelry box's encrusted ruby glistened and glowed with light.

What once was lost...

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

User Image
    User Image

"Right...if Alexandra isn't back, it may be suspicious..." Lucia made a sharp left to begin the short walk back to the castle, not turning to explain or look at the Tinels following behind her. She lost herself in her thoughts as they traveled, William's presence behind her making her more and more nervous. Her hand gripped her sword tighter as her stomach clenched with anxiety. All she wanted to do was be in Alexandra's position, to hold his hand, wrap her arms around him but despite helping to bring him back, she didn't feel like she deserved it. She had thought for just a moment that perhaps this would be her redemption but upon seeing the young girl's expression back at the hideout, she realized she couldn't be so easily forgiven, if at all.

The faint glow of the castle torches snapped her from her self-loathing and she stopped a ways from the tree line where it opened into the field surrounding the capitol. "This is as far as I can go." She stepped to the side and gave a short bow with a hand to gesture them forward. "Lady Alexandra...Sir William."

x

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
A R T E M I S / G E R E T H / I V O R Y / C H U R C H

Gereth was busy gathering all of the research materials from his smaller hideout, it's position had been made known to too many people and it had to be decommissioned. As he was going over his homunculus experiment notes he began to think aloud to himself.

"Yes, there are definitely more flaws in the creation process that still need to be worked out. Hmm, it would appear that I should have spent some more time experimenting before offering a false body to a conscious soul. I never quite got the durability quite right... Ah, I remember now; almost all of the successful humonculi failed to last even a week before they began suffering random fluctuations. The symptoms ranged from sudden and rapid aging to spontaneous decay of flesh and organs. The body I gave to that "William" will likely suffer the same fate, a shame to be sure. If he's lucky though he could last a few days with his loved ones. Or who knows, perhaps it won't last that long at all; or the inverse could be true. With demon energy involved it could stabilize the physical manifestation. Although demonic energy is known for being chaotic in nature... it could just as easily burn out the body even faster. I'll have to keep an eye on him and collect the relevant data. Is this a dead end? Or an answer to the question? I'll wait and let time tell for me. However it's long past time to move out."

Gereth finished gathering his research notes into his bag and left the black door room, he used a transport spell to move everything of value from the storage room to a different location. When everything was done, he cast a fire spell in each of the four rooms and left. In a few hours there would be nothing left but a burnt out cellar beneath an old collapsed shack. The clearing it was in was large enough that the forest wasn't in danger of catching flame, so Gereth made his way elsewhere; his own strange agenda evolving in his mind.

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
User Image
User Image

William was simply grinning from ear to ear, happy to listen to his little sister once more. He paused and looked at Lucia thoughtfully at her words as they waited, "On second thought...I think I'll stick around here for a bit first kiddo, I'll catch you later?"

Alex's face didnt change, but on the inside, well...
              "Sure. I'll see you later." she answered curtly, her mouth in a tight line.

The young handmaiden had turned on her heel once before stopping right away, looking at her surroundings for the first time. "On second thought...can I get an escort?" she said suddenly, "Specifically from...where's that old man?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff