30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
[NPC] President Diedrich
koneko66
[NPC]President Diedrich
Prez? Is it you? >,<

YOU DID IT! Did you know that you solved my entire scavenger hunt?

Did you like my Pink Scarf? I'm sorry you had to buy it yourself. I love you!
Did you like my Red Rose Wristlet Corsage? It is very tasty but please do not eat it.
Did you like my Engraved Silver Pocket Watch? It is only a little borrowed from Lin. We will give it back some day.
Did you like my Zebra Print Polyester Necktie? It is almost like my necktie but mine is not zebra and I do not have a human neck.

If you loved all my things as much as I love all of Gaia, you will love My Special Present!

I had to be very sneaky and travel through time to get it. I hope you like it very much and also that it will protect you from danger. There is much danger. OK Happy Valentine's President's Day. I love you and being your president. OK! Bye now! Bye!
Today, Lance received a mysterious letter with a missing package attached.

[NPC] Lance

There was a mysterious letter shoved into my bag. Whoever the sneaky person was that managed to stuff it in there didn't even put a stamp on the darn thing. Now, how am I supposed to hand this out without a stamp? We have a system for a reason, you know.

Anyways, I can't say I'm too worried about it getting into the right hands. It's just addressed "To You" so I guess that means either me, your humble delivery man, or, well, the formal You. Like, all of Gaia at once. Pretty bold statement, am I right? Anyways, here's the letter:

The letter in question said the following:
The Letter
Dearest Gaians,

I have left some treasures for you to find around Gaia. Follow the clues before you if you wish to learn my identity and your hard work will not go unrewarded. Have fun!

Sincerely Yours,
Your Secret Admirer

HMMMMMMMM!

Clues?

SOUNDS LIKE A MYSTERY, GANG!

Edit: 10:02 PM EST

SEEMS THE CLUES LEAD TO A MYSTERIOUS ENGRAVED WATCH!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit 2 11:44 pm:
NOTICE:

DO NOT HARASS Dark Heart of the Wood OR THE PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT RELATED IN THIS EVENT.

THOSE ARE THE PERSONAL ACCOUNTS OF THE STAFF MEMBER RUNNING THIS EVENT FOR US.

DO NOT HARASS HER

She made a legitimate mistake by using her personal photobucket account here, and we should not punish her for making an awesome event for us.

I'm off to bed, but I will be certain to update tomorrow morning if any new clues are found! Good luck everyone!

edit: 7:32 PM 2/16
THE MYSTERY DEEPENS!

I'm tryign to keep the clues section up to date!

Most Recent CLUE CAN BE FOUND HERE

I will let you make your own deductions.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
CLUES

So far the only lead we seem to have is the letter addressed to us:

[NPC] Lance
Aw crud, guys.

There was totally a package in here too. I guess I must've dropped it somewhere along my route. Where have I even been today? Uh...here's what my day's looked like so far:

Woke up
    Took a shower
    Followed a standard personal grooming procedure (It took about two hours.)
    Got dressed (The uniform is a privelege!)
    Read the latest Announcements
    Skimmed the latest in Gaia Community Discussion (You're all great.)
    Visited a friend
    Ate a sandwich
    Went shopping at Skin Tyte
    Handed out packages at the Love Cafe Flash Space
    Took a second shower (I get a little sweaty out on the route)

...and now here I am!

It doesn't seem like a big list of places to lose something, but I guess I'll start tracing back my steps. Let me know if you find anything! If someone else has the package, you should probably try to get in contact with them. Good luck, Gaians!

And a mysterious missing Package..... I think we can probab,ly find the package if we go through Lance's Day
[NPC] Lance
Aw crud, guys.

There was totally a package in here too. I guess I must've dropped it somewhere along my route. Where have I even been today? Uh...here's what my day's looked like so far:

Woke up
    Took a shower
    Followed a standard personal grooming procedure (It took about two hours.)
    Got dressed (The uniform is a privelege!)
    Read the latest Announcements
    Skimmed the latest in Gaia Community Discussion (You're all great.)
    Visited a friend
    Ate a sandwich
    Went shopping at Skin Tyte
    Handed out packages at the Love Cafe Flash Space
    Took a second shower (I get a little sweaty out on the route)

...and now here I am!

It doesn't seem like a big list of places to lose something, but I guess I'll start tracing back my steps. Let me know if you find anything! If someone else has the package, you should probably try to get in contact with them. Good luck, Gaians!

So the friend is Roonie Steele

Ronnie Steele
It's weird because I wasn't expecting a package at all.

User Image

I'm not gonna open it until I'm sure it's for me. It doesn't even have a name on it.

Lance is on his friend's list. and he found a package here. The image is also hosted by Gaia.

Devin saw Lance today!
[NPC] Devin
Did anyone happen to grab a photo or something? I didn't realize the security cameras were off. Maybe it's time to make another gBay purchase...

Rina updated her journal
"Dear Journal, I've been super duper busy these last few days with all the customers at Buttercup Cafe! I've also been practicing with my new band (I TOTALLY aced the auditions by the way!) Everyone's been buying tons of flowers, candies, and all sorts of yummy things for Valentine’s Day! One person, it might have been Rin? I'm always too embarrassed to ask. Either way, some customer wanted to know if I sold watches. Isn't that sooo classic? What a cute Valentine’s Day gift idea! The bad part is that I didn’t have quite what he wanted at Buttercup Cafe. I sure hope he finds what he's looking for! Meanwhile, I've been updating my Dropplr like crazy. Like insanity. Like super duper omg a lot. Kanoko doesn't seem to get it, but it's just a matter of time, y'know? "

[NPC] LIN made a post
[NPC] Lin
I've heard the best time to do so is directly after Valentine's Day ends, in order to get a good bargain.

I'm not sure if the gift I purchased is very timely, although I tried my best to pick something distinctive. Having a signature look comes somewhat naturally to us who tend to appreciate traditional Otami garb. Are there any particular adornments you would purchase to accentuate your unique style this year?

Response in Lance's thread (There is an item link)
Ronnie Steele
I hung out with him today too!

You know, he left a weird package here. I wasn't gonna open it, but a bunch of people told me it was important.

You know what was inside?

The weirdest thing.

Now I just feel super creepy about opening it. This wasn't what you ordered off gBay, right?

In Lin's signature, there is a link to a grant.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*may be in reference to user Einsteinium 99, a user with two non-existant items on his equipped list (much like Ronnie)
They both also seem to share a photobucket.

Dark Heart of the Wood also shares this photobucket account.

NOTICE: DO NOT HARASS Dark Heart of the Wood

Lex saw lance get a sandwich
[NPC] Lex
Hey Gaians. Don't go spreading this around, but I was taking my lunch break earlier and I saw Lance getting a sandwich over at Buttercup Cafe. To be honest, it was a little odd seeing a delivery man not delivering. It was kind of like watching a dog walk around on its hind legs really gracefully. Rina was acting strange, though. I wonder if something happened? I'm not normally one to gossip, but I can sense a good gamble from a mile away. I bet there's something going on around here.

Rina posted in response to Lex's gossip
[NPC] Rina
OF COURSE I was acting strange. Have you ever met anyone other than Lance who would order a peanut butter and green olive sandwich with hot sauce?! It was so so so so gross! The ickiest thing I've ever seen someone eat! Ever!!

What's the grossest recipe you can think of, Gaians?

Einstein's signature update at 3 pm
User Image
15-49-19-21-18-9
The numbers relate to the periodic table of elements, spelling PInKScArF
Pink scarf's item description has changed!

"A basic écharpe to accent your outfit and keep you warm."

French... Like LOYAL who POSTED
[NPC] Loyal
Everyone so curious about a mystery admirer, and not a one realizes that a performer must always be in the spotlight? I'm no secret admirer. Non, I admire all my darling Gaians proudly!

Ah, I did see Carl meandering about earlier. He was chewing on something a tad more unique than usual.

Stein seems to be missing something....
[NPC] Stein
I seem to have misplaced something somewhat precious of mine. Has anyone happened to have seen it? It's a bit embarrassing to share exactly what it was, but.... well, suffice to say, it's around here somewhere.

Cindy broke the news~!
[NPC] Cindy Donovinh
Beloved and feared town shopkeeper Carl the Elk was seen stomping through Barton and chewing on what witnesses are calling a "highly stitched" pair of underpants. Someone seems to have left their laundry out on a line a bit too long, and a bit too close to Carl, notorious for loving the taste of fine fabrics.

More on this story as details surface. That's all for now, Gaians. Please note that the Community Update for this week has been delayed, due to some trouble in locking down an interview with one of our guests. Please expect it later this week, once all the mysterious happenings around Gaia have begun to slow down. Thank you for your time. This is Cindy Donovinh, with Gaia 9 Actions news, signing out.

Kanoko posted
[NPC] Kanoko
I HAVE to text Rina about this!

IVAN
Time traveling edits?
User Image
Fibonacci sequence

1123581321 Fibonacci

Final item grant

I hope you all enjoyed the Rick-Roll

I for one quit Gaia forever

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
He mentioned waking up and taking a shower.
Are we supposed to go to our Houses?

Fox Bakudan's Waifu

Princess Felidae

This is a really cute idea. Trying to suss it out now!

Do you think we're meant to visit his house?! O_O

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
We found the package at his friend Ronnie's house:
Ronnie Steele
It's weird because I wasn't expecting a package at all.

User Image

I'm not gonna open it until I'm sure it's for me. It doesn't even have a name on it.

Here is the thread where the package was found:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/i-got-mail-today/t.95948173_1/

Gatekeeper

ronnie steele has it. but i dont know what we are supossed to do

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Paperworm
I was thinking something similar. Try giving it a try

Sexy Glitch

I really want to participate but I have to head to class!

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Well, I tried to follow his footsteps (except the creepy parts, I just don't roll that way), so I went to Announcements and read the first few community announcements (we haven't had a featured one for ages), then went to GCD, then went to Skin Tyte and talked with Devin, then went to the Valentine's Day flash space. I did seem to see some mysterious squares on the ground, black with magenta stripes, but I was not able to click on them to pick them up and walking on them did not transport me. sweatdrop
Yeata Zi
Paperworm
I was thinking something similar. Try giving it a try

Would make sense. He is in the House in the beginning,
and returning in the end.

Reddel's Wife

Hot Wench

on his friend page i hazer said he brought a suspicious package for -42k...could that be a clue?

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Yeata Zi
So far the only lead we seem to have...

... is the package itself, which we located by Page 2.

Because I'm too good for Gaia's mysteries. razz

Supernatural Sweetheart

;w;
waits patiently

Kurd Jam's Significant Otter

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
Sounds fun!

Quick Reply