Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nafretiti
The thing with Seymour (if he is placed in the game which he should, by right, he was the secondry bad guy in FFX outside of Jecht/Yu (and even then, seeing Yu be in this game would be awesome but I know, it will never happen)) is that if I ever get my hands on this game he will be the one character I basically will never be letting go of, I will be maxing him out in everything and pretty much not even letting him go even then, I love that half breed way too much. XD
I can almost see why they picked Jecht because Jecht = Sin and Sin = the primary evil. But my problem with Jecht has always been that he's not actually evil. Yes he becomes Sin and sure he steadily loses control of himself, but ultimately Yu Yevon is the true evil of FFX. And since, as you say, the body-less, personality-less, interest-less Yu Yevon would be a far more difficult villain to add into the game, I've always seen Seymour as the main villain of FFX because he is the face of evil. He might not be the final final boss, but he stands in your way and aspires to become the greatest evil throughout your entire adventure. He, unlike Yu Yevon, has an ongoing relationship with the party. Jecht has a history with Tidus, but hardly any Sin-on-party interaction whatsoever.

You know what I'd really love to see in Dissidia 3? More assist characters. Say they give us a full 50 playable character set. There are a ton of characters that they could add as assist characters (like they did with Aerith in 012). This is where I could see the not-so-main characters joining the fray, like Minwu, Larsa, Kiros, Cait Sith, Gadot, Sazh, Relm, Eiko, Zeid, Baralai, Kan-E-Senna, etc.
PUT THIS ON PS4 PLZ!!!

AsataniAkira's Love Of My Life

Noob

Please add Aerith please add Aerith
Kuja9113
SO. GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Ahem double post emo

So I read today that the initial release of the game will only contain 14 characters (BAD).

-HOWEVER-

Over time through patches, Square-Enix plans to add upwards of 50+ characters to the total, final roster. (AMAZING). Assuming everyone returns (28 as of Duodecim), that'll make for at least 20 brand new characters including Y'shtola and Ramza!! Who do you think they'll add?? And who do you think will be the initial 14 characters?? Obvious answer is obvious that they'd pick all the Cosmosians from 1-14, but that'd mean Ramza would be patched unless they shaft one of heroes (and after Record Keeper I could see them shafting Shantotto and they should).

012 actually has 30 characters.

WoL, Garland, Firion, Mateus, Onion, C.Dark;
Cecil, Golbez, Bartz, Exdeath, Terra, Kefka;
Cloud, Seph, Squall, Ulti, Zidane, Kuja;
Tidus, Jecht, Vaan, Gabranth, Shantotto, Prishe;
Kain, Yuna, Laguna, Tifa, Lightning, Gilgamesh.
(Bold: Character seen in DFF '15 gameplay videos, along with Y'shtola.)
(Italics: Characters that have official art for DFF '15, but haven't been seen in-game yet.)

-----

I can't imagine that they'd just go Cosmos 1-14 and drop Shantotto for Ramza; but I can't imagine it launching with neither Sephiroth nor Kefka. So I'm thinking a launch roster with 7 heroes:
-WoL, Onion, Terra, Cloud, Lightning, Y'shtola... and Ramza is quite possible for the seventh.

And 7 villains:
-Garland, Emperor, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia... and who knows for the other two, but they will be villains.
Sandokiri
Kuja9113
SO. GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Ahem double post emo

So I read today that the initial release of the game will only contain 14 characters (BAD).

-HOWEVER-

Over time through patches, Square-Enix plans to add upwards of 50+ characters to the total, final roster. (AMAZING). Assuming everyone returns (28 as of Duodecim), that'll make for at least 20 brand new characters including Y'shtola and Ramza!! Who do you think they'll add?? And who do you think will be the initial 14 characters?? Obvious answer is obvious that they'd pick all the Cosmosians from 1-14, but that'd mean Ramza would be patched unless they shaft one of heroes (and after Record Keeper I could see them shafting Shantotto and they should).

012 actually has 30 characters.

WoL, Garland, Firion, Mateus, Onion, C.Dark;
Cecil, Golbez, Bartz, Exdeath, Terra, Kefka;
Cloud, Seph, Squall, Ulti, Zidane, Kuja;
Tidus, Jecht, Vaan, Gabranth, Shantotto, Prishe;
Kain, Yuna, Laguna, Tifa, Lightning, Gilgamesh.
(Bold: Character seen in DFF '15 gameplay videos, along with Y'shtola.)
(Italics: Characters that have official art for DFF '15, but haven't been seen in-game yet.)

-----

I can't imagine that they'd just go Cosmos 1-14 and drop Shantotto for Ramza; but I can't imagine it launching with neither Sephiroth nor Kefka. So I'm thinking a launch roster with 7 heroes:
-WoL, Onion, Terra, Cloud, Lightning, Y'shtola... and Ramza is quite possible for the seventh.

And 7 villains:
-Garland, Emperor, Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia... and who knows for the other two, but they will be villains.
Oh crap, you're right, I totally didn't count Shantotto or Gabranth eek You may revoke my FFnerd card. sweatdrop

Only reason I thought 14 Cosmosians is because the number 14 is too convenient. Plus I could see the arcade game playing from a hero standpoint, but you're probably right in that it'll be split. Though if that's the case, taking Onion Knight over someone like Tidus or Squall would be surprising.

I'd say your villains are probably spot on, with the possible additions of Golbez and Kuja. Or, if we're lucky a villain from 11-14, which they still have yet to add (disregarding Gabranth >.> wink . I would say the 7 heroes and 7 villains would probably each encompass the roster of 1-14, but I find it extremely doubtful that they'd willingly forgo Sephiroth in favor of a different villain because that's just the Square-Enix way.
So it sounds like Ramza will be a part of a future update, and not a part of the starting lineup. Sounds like the 14 Cosmosians is the most likely bet.

Also wiki has them all listed as confirmed. Dunno the actual source of that though.

Also developers say they'd like to bring back everyone from 012 eventually, so they're pretty much confirmed.

Also Bartz & Squall:

Bartz at 46:35. Squall at 52:20.

Headstrong Warrior

User Image

Eeek, Lightning and Squall are my favorite playable characters in the Dissidia series. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff