Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caring Sweetheart

13,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
I don't know I only want like one game off my old system on my new one.
If you don't transfer. Can my nintendo network id work?

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

If it's anything like the way WiiUs are set up, you will have to do the transfer to use your current Nintendo Network ID.

You are only allowed to use that ID on ONE WiiU and (I'm assuming) ONE 3DS. The transfer will remove that account from your current 3DS and transfer it to your new "new" 3ds.

Questionable Creature

Mir Teiwaz

If it's anything like the way WiiUs are set up, you will have to do the transfer to use your current Nintendo Network ID.

You are only allowed to use that ID on ONE WiiU and (I'm assuming) ONE 3DS. The transfer will remove that account from your current 3DS and transfer it to your new "new" 3ds.

That's what I hate about Club Nintendo shutting down. No systems limit and also has a record in your Eshop of what you bought. If the new reward system is Nintendo id related, it's all system limited and whatnot.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Naya Merai
That's what I hate about Club Nintendo shutting down. No systems limit and also has a record in your Eshop of what you bought. If the new reward system is Nintendo id related, it's all system limited and whatnot.

Club Nintendo has nothing to do with how they decided to set up their online structure. The only connection CN had to your NNID was for granting you coins on digital purchases.

I do still find it incredibly frustrating that they tie your account to the console. With any other platform I play on (PS3, PC) I can easily just log into my account from a separate system and have access to everything I've paid for.

Questionable Creature

Mir Teiwaz
Naya Merai

Club Nintendo has nothing to do with how they decided to set up their online structure. The only connection CN had to your NNID was for granting you coins on digital purchases.

I do still find it incredibly frustrating that they tie your account to the console. With any other platform I play on (PS3, PC) I can easily just log into my account from a separate system and have access to everything I've paid for.

Before they made 3DS's sign up for Nintendo ID or if you chose not to, your club Nintendo being logged in instead would know what you already bought in the past. And I don't believe Club Nintendo had a system limit

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Naya Merai
Mir Teiwaz

Except Club Nintendo didn't have anything to do with your purchases except getting coins from it.

You could never download your games on more than one system because the licence to play it has always been tied to hardware, not an account. Even if you put your memory card into another 3DS, it wouldn't recognize anything there.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
Your ID can only be on one 3DS device at once and you can't transfer digital games between systems in any other way than system transfer.

Questionable Creature

Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Mir Teiwaz

Except Club Nintendo didn't have anything to do with your purchases except getting coins from it.

You could never download your games on more than one system because the licence to play it has always been tied to hardware, not an account. Even if you put your memory card into another 3DS, it wouldn't recognize anything there.

No I'm talking about how your club Nintendo could be used on any system. So no you wouldn't have your old paths, but you could always re-download on any other system and start new if the game was bought before. But with Club Nintendo gone, you can't redownload and have different new paths on any system. I'm pretty sure the only thing tied to your system was the path itself, club Nintendo would've allowed multiple downloads but without your old path.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Naya Merai
Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Mir Teiwaz

No I'm talking about how your club Nintendo could be used on any system. So no you wouldn't have your old paths, but you could always re-download on any other system and start new.
If by "start new" you mean "repurchase anything you purchased before", then yes.

If you purchased games on System A, you can't use them on System B unless you did the system transfer from A to B. If System A breaks, you can't just redownload them on System B because they're all locked to System A.

Club Nintendo literally had nothing to do with your purchases and ownership of games short of getting coins for purchasing them.

Questionable Creature

Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Mir Teiwaz

No I'm talking about how your club Nintendo could be used on any system. So no you wouldn't have your old paths, but you could always re-download on any other system and start new.
If by "start new" you mean "repurchase anything you purchased before", then yes.

If you purchased games on System A, you can't use them on System B unless you did the system transfer from A to B. If System A breaks, you can't just redownload them on System B because they're all locked to System A.

Club Nintendo literally had nothing to do with your purchases and ownership of games short of getting coins for purchasing them.

It kept a history of what you bought if it was connected to your eshop and didn't limit the amount of signed in systems. You could sign into club Nintendo on another system and start a new path there. Unless I'm wrong and there was a limit to systems signed in through Club Nintendo. Otherwise, only Nintendo Network id blocked multiple system adds.

Again, I could be wrong and pointlessly arguing, never tested it. But I always thought logging into another system with your old club Nintendo, that it'd have your digital purchase history, that it wasn't blocked from being logged into on numerous systems unlike NNID

Friendly Cultist

Naya Merai
Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Dei Gratia Raven
Naya Merai
Mir Teiwaz

It kept a history of what you bought if it was connected to your eshop and didn't limit the amount of signed in systems. You could sign into club Nintendo on another system and start a new path there. Unless I'm wrong and there was a limit to systems signed in through Club Nintendo. Otherwise, only Nintendo Network id blocked multiple system adds.

Again, I could be wrong and pointlessly arguing, never tested it. But I always thought logging into another system with your old club Nintendo, that it'd have your digital purchase history, that it wasn't blocked from being logged into on numerous systems unlike NNID

The only way you could download a game you bought onto another 3DS is if you system transfer, it's never been any other way.
System transfer is unfortunately necessary. If you do not transfer before signing in on the new system, it will lock you out of the old one permanently, also disabling game transfers. For the love of god, please transfer. The gamestop website, kotaku, nintendo, ign, and several other websites have easy to follow video instructions.

Thankful Citizen

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Battle: Mage 100
system transfer is required for NID purposes, but once you do that you can re download games you purchased from the eShop.
Eshop account is a data (you bought a digital game is add to the list that you can re-download anytime with this account.).

BEFORE TRANSFER:
3DS system A (current eShop data A) arrow 3DS system B (new eShop data B)

AFTER TRANSFER:
3DS system A (new eShop data C) arrow 3DS system B (current eShop data A)

3DS system B is a target that's you want to transfer, but 3DS system A will be delete forever as brand new.

You noticed that eShop data B will be delete after transfer. Same thing to Nintendo Network ID account.

You can swap memory card to new 3DS from old one.

Dapper Shapeshifter

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mir Teiwaz
Naya Merai

^this point is pretty valid, though what most people don't consider about it is that f someone managed to steal or hack your account info they wouldn't be able to use it, since it's tied to your systems. While it is inconvenient on things like system transfers and all that, it's pretty much the ultimate account security

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff