Welcome to Gaia! ::

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Okay, so I know the story about Charles Manson planning to marry that young woman has been in this forum.
I figured maybe she wanted to write a book or something.
Turns out it is even tackier. She wanted to display his corpse in her future Manson museum.

Charles Manson wedding off after it emerges that fiancee Afton Elaine Burton 'just wanted his corpse for display'

Serial killer Charles Manson's supposed budding romance with a woman 53 years his junior has been allegedly exposed as a money-making scheme.

According to journalist Daniel Simone, 27-year old Afton Elaine Burton, now known as Star, was hoping that she would gain possession of Manson's corpse through marriage so she and a couple of friends could put it on display in a glass case in LA.

They apparently thought the Lenin's Tomb-esque attraction would draw a huge number of visitors and make a lot of money.

But Manson, 80, apparently got wind of the plan and now no longer wants to marry Burton.

"He's finally realized that he's been played for a fool," Simone told The NY Post.

The tourist attraction was also something of a non-starter because Manson believes he is immortal.

"He feels he will never die," Simone added. "Therefore, he feels it’s a stupid idea to begin with."

Manson and Burton's marriage license expired on Thursday, though Burton apparently remains hopeful that it will be renewed.

Perhaps Manson had the last laugh though - Simone claims he never intended to marry and was stringing Burton and her friends along with the prospect of a wedding as they continued to bring him toiletries and other items.
Wow. He's 80. I thought he died a long time ago and this was all about necrophilia.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Lawl. I knew it. The woman was too sane to be someone who actually liked him, always gotta be a motive.

Dapper Bear

4,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Poor guy
I mean uhh

Woman is crazy as a nutter, so this doesn't surprise me whatsoever.

Hilarious Puppy

That's hardcore crazy.

Kawaii Shoujo

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
When I read the title, I thought he died, but as I look at it, it doesn't really shock me. The woman's just as crazy as he is!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Rogue Destiny
When I read the title, I thought he died, but as I look at it, it doesn't really shock me. The woman's just as crazy as he is!

Oh, sorry. I guess it could sound that way.
I'm not sure how to clarify that in the limited amount of space they give you.
she's crazier than he is! gonk blaugh

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
01 03 PATRIOTS 04 15
agreed and that is saying something:

She is also far less intelligent than him since she actually thought claiming that she thought he was innocent and wanted him free would be enticing to him-he likes being in prison.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
AliKat1988
She is also far less intelligent than him since she actually thought claiming that she thought he was innocent and wanted him free would be enticing to him-he likes being in prison.

I also laughed at the article where it said that when he found out about her idea he thought it was stupid because he considers himself immortal and thus there will be no body.

Relentless Glitch

Well that's inconvenient... rofl
Oh, this scheme did not pan out, how terrible.

Dapper Prophet

...I was wondering what her motive was, but I can't say I would've guessed that burning_eyes rofl

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
AliKat1988
01 03 PATRIOTS 04 15
agreed and that is saying something:

I dunno, by exhibiting his corpse for profit she might have been able to get around the Son of Sam rules that could have applied to a relative writing a book about him and his crimes. Still think she's crazy, but she might be a bit clever as well. Wouldn't it be cool if we could throw s**t at the case, or have something like a dunking chair that would douse the corpse in a pool of embalming fluid so it would stay fresh forever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff