Welcome to Gaia! ::

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
((Also meninism, its guilty by association))

If you draw out the debate, of why you need xy or z, you're actually taking the long route to getting there. You can do anything you want within reason. If you dont like your situation get out of it. And AVOID people who entrap you in abusive relationships. Arguing for why is a guaranteed path to "not even knowing anymore".

Can someone tell me why this seems futile? My reasoning is.. Well we already have one foot through the door, so whats stopping you from going all the way?

Tipsy Smoker

I don't think you understand oppression, slavery, or abuse. Also, first world problems are not the only problems. You can't simplify the suffering in this world.

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
Chahklet
I don't think you understand oppression, slavery, or abuse. Also, first world problems are not the only problems. You can't simplify the suffering in this world.

Is it necessary to use feminism to say "respect my rights"?

The nuances of feminism are so broad, so easy to overstate, understate, or misinterpret. What if it actually does more harm than good~~~

575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
I change my mind. You're right. Feminism is way more provocative. If you rebranded it as something more "flexible" it wouldn't carry the same weight, it would be diluted.
first world feminism is pointless, a slight cry for attention. that being said, feminism is needed in other countries such as India or Afghanistan.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

"Meninism" is trolling, and anyone that takes it seriously on either side is an idiot.

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
Tactical Nord
first world feminism is pointless, a slight cry for attention. that being said, feminism is needed in other countries such as India or Afghanistan.
Highly agree.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Yes, it's excessive, but so is MRA.
We need to either tear both down or wait it out, since they'll destroy each other soon enough.

Procurements
"Meninism" is trolling, and anyone that takes it seriously on either side is an idiot.

What about MRA? That's pretty damn serious.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
nitznitz
We need to either tear both down or wait it out, since they'll destroy each other soon enough.

Procurements

If the MRA isn't a some sort of in joke I swear to science I will initiate the nuclear winter.
Because if we're as stupid to have even a single person take it seriously the species as a whole don't deserve to live.

*Cough*

Anywho, I don't find feminism to be excessive.
I find certain feminists could easily be, but the overall ideal is perfectly fine.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

nitznitz

Procurements

They are, and a lot of them are the idiots I referred to that take the whole meninism thing seriously.

I don't think the two are going anywhere. Too many radfems entrenched in academia, and too many angry MRAs as a backlash to their indoctrinating.
Chahklet

LOL! USA, while a shithole on many levels for many reasons, has great gender equality laws. OMG, as a woman in USA, you've got the same rights as men! USA is a great place to be a woman. Canada is the best place to be a woman. And all these radfems are from Canada and USA, whining about how hard they have it as a woman.

Send them ******** radfem whiny whores to India to see what it's really like to be of an inferior sex.

Oh, and btw, in India, feminists are pro-life, not pro-choice. You want to know why? Because there, if a woman's first pregnancy is a female, her parents and in-laws can force her to abort to try again for a boy, and they will beat her until she has the abortion.

I mean, sure rape does happen in USA, but that's not the government's fault. There are bad people everywhere. And in USA, if you, a man, rape a woman, you will be punished under the law for that. And in USA and Canada, people in prison for crimes against women and children are more likely to be killed in jail. This applies to female prisons too. Women in there for beating their kids will get attacked by the other prisoners.
Tactical Nord

Yeah, and all the radfem live in Canada and USA which have excellent gender equality.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

remourleia
Tactical Nord

Yeah, and all the radfem live in Canada and USA which have excellent gender equality.

They're all over the UK and Sweden, too.
Procurements
remourleia
Tactical Nord

They're all over the UK and Sweden, too.

which also have excellent gender equality.

Procurements's Princess

Loved Fox

remourleia
Chahklet

LOL! USA, while a shithole on many levels for many reasons, has great gender equality laws. OMG, as a woman in USA, you've got the same rights as men! USA is a great place to be a woman. Canada is the best place to be a woman. And all these radfems are from Canada and USA, whining about how hard they have it as a woman.

Send them ******** radfem whiny whores to India to see what it's really like to be of an inferior sex.

Oh, and btw, in India, feminists are pro-life, not pro-choice. You want to know why? Because there, if a woman's first pregnancy is a female, her parents and in-laws can force her to abort to try again for a boy, and they will beat her until she has the abortion.

I mean, sure rape does happen in USA, but that's not the government's fault. There are bad people everywhere. And in USA, if you, a man, rape a woman, you will be punished under the law for that. And in USA and Canada, people in prison for crimes against women and children are more likely to be killed in jail. This applies to female prisons too. Women in there for beating their kids will get attacked by the other prisoners.

See, in India daughters are viewed as a burden on the family. Especially if the family is poor, because of the dowry system, though illegal, it's still practice in more rural areas because families with boys feel entitled to the dowry from the family their son is marrying into. On top of the dowry, the family that has the daughter will also lose the daughter, so she will not be there to take care of her aging parents. The Husband's family can demand almost anything from the wife's family as dowry. Land, money, appliances, cars, ANYTHING. It's ludicrous at times what these families will demand from the Wife's family to take their daughter off their hands. So a Son is viewed as boon, money to come in once he is of marrying age.

So there is tremendous pressure on the Wife to bear sons as daughters are a lifelong burden. This is why female infanticide is insanely high, almost to the point where the boys are starting to outnumber marriageable girls. It's the same problem happening in China, where the men are outnumbering the women. (In China, men are now resorting to kidnapping to find wives, even going as far as to kidnap women from neighboring countries.) So the population imbalances are becoming noticeable. The Indian government is taking notice, there are laws against having ultrasounds for the sole purpose of identifying gender. (But like any system you have corrupt doctors that will tell you the gender for a price.) There are now also safe rooms where families can leave unwanted daughters instead of just out and out murder.

Pakistan is also having a problem with infanticide, passages from the Koran even say to value your daughters as you would your sons. But again the want for a son is so high that baby girls are being killed because they are expensive to feed.

We have feminism in the US. Lucky Ducky us. But we need this frothing insane activism in other parts of the world, where female lives are slaughtered in the hopes for bearing a son.
What kills me is that these SJW/Tumblr-activist are privileged white women, blogging in the comforts of their upper middle class homes, where their lives matter for something. But they are too busy calling every CIS White Male they encounter a rapist, scum-laden shitlord, while turning a blind eye to the real injustices against women in the world.

They don't care about 3rd World Women problems, nor do they care about the poor, even in the US where we have hunger striking 1 in 6 americans. I've seen the face of poverty, I volunteered for the Chicago food pantry, Northern IL Food Pantry, charities in my area. I'll tell you what, I guarantee these SJWs aren't out there on the front lines of real Social Justice work. (Humblebrag, I know, but I am trying to show you that I know my s**t in these areas.)

So serious ******** this Privileged White Women that claim to be fighting the injustices of the world. I really hope they find a why to choke on their free trade mud coffee. I really do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff