Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

When did you find the wonderful land of Gaia?

2003-2004 0.36009174311927 36.0% [ 157 ]
2005-2006 0.31880733944954 31.9% [ 139 ]
2007-2008 0.20183486238532 20.2% [ 88 ]
2009-2010 0.073394495412844 7.3% [ 32 ]
2011-2012 0.029816513761468 3.0% [ 13 ]
2013-2014 0.0045871559633028 0.5% [ 2 ]
What is this place? 0.011467889908257 1.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 436 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 >

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

demonduck
Ami Satomora
demonduck
Ami Satomora
I can't find my oldest avis ANYWHERE gonk emo All I got is art OTL

But what I do have is a screen of my avis back when the outfit slots were fairly new
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't think I could go back there. My avatar has evolved so much that it's kinda hard to go back to my older outfits. I mean there's shades of then into now, but man I didn't really know what I was doing then D:

User Image
i think thats what is rather charming about older avatars.
they didnt really match.
colors of items weren't made to go with others per-say and people often just wore items they liked and didnt care if they made sense.

Well it isn't because my outfits have to match. When I first got on Gaia I just dressed in what fancied me. Over the years here, focus has kinda shifted more into considering what my avi would wear as a character.

User Image
oh okay.
so you imagine plausible stories with your avatar sort of thing?

i just noticed that over time more of people's outfits and what became more considered a "better" avatar seemed to follow more of a cohesive color scheme. and general concern for item's colors to match increased as more items were released.

Yeah something like that. Though I will admit matching does have an influence over my choices as well. It's so odd thinking about it now since I had never imagined I'd be on Gaia as long as I am on now sweatdrop

User Image

IRL Conventioneer

25,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Aw, nostalgia! I actually happen to already be wearing a nostalgic avatar here. The only newer addition is the green arm band. I never changed my hair or eyes, though I do use wigs and such now.

I'm definitely a fan of older items, since most of the new ones aren't so much clothes that you can mix and match as poses. I find that a lot less fun.

I try to save every avi I've made, though I think I may have missed a few here or there over the years. I keep 'em on a crazy page here. I should say, I started in December of '03. I missed that first letter, and it took me until just last year to finally get a nightmare scarf.

Menstrual Cramps's Partner In Crime

Fashionista

Oh goodness. This avatar brings back many memories. I was "The Dark Gentleman" for years until I abandoned my old account and changed the name. It's unfortunate that many of the users I knew when I first became active are no longer members.

Space Traveler

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Adrien Ludovic Gilles

Oh goodness. This avatar brings back many memories. I was "The Dark Gentleman" for years until I abandoned my old account and changed the name. It's unfortunate that many of the users I knew when I first became active are no longer members.

Lookin' real wealthy with that nitemare headband ;D
I'm also really bummed by how many people are no longer active on the site. I get birthday updates from time to time and see that they haven't logged on in years.
heart~<3

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
<3

I'm really loving the avi's in this thread. xD!
Brings back good memories.

Beloved Shapeshifter

I'm clicking through pages and going I THINK I REMEMBER YOU a lot. XD

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
demonduck
Avendasora
Funny I would spot this thread today... since I had a bit of MP luck, and after having been here since 2003, and never even having wishlisted them despite being a huge bunny fan, because they were so unattainable...

This morning I FINALLY got my hands on the original bunny slippers.

This is such a huge deal to me you have NO IDEA.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can put together an avatar with them that's actually appealing, but I'm happy just to have them. =)
congrats!

your avi now is quite adorable.
im sure whatever you make with those bun slippers will be super cute!

Thank you!

I was playing with the slippers yesterday and came up with something I actually liked... but today for this thread I decided to actually switch back to what I used to use as my avatar back in 03-05ish. When I didn't have luxury items like bunny slippers... these bunny ears were my pride and joy, hahaha.

I even changed my hair back. Problem was, I knew from the start that I wanted to change my avatar's hair color with the seasons, because she was a tree spirit, and the white/grey option for this hairstyle is not even CLOSE to white/grey... so every winter I got ticked off and had to decide whether to use one of the other styles that I didn't like as much as this one, or suck up the awful color. razz

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

I remember religiously wearing MoMo or Gwee when they came out.

Also the Pink Virgin dress was my first bought item xD I thought it made me look like top s**t back then. Oh to be 13 again

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
Well, I didn't even last a day looking like the Old School had thrown up all over me... but it was fun while it lasted. xd

For posterity's sake, this is what I had on until I folded and went back to a more "modern" Al...

This is the look I really think of as "classic Al", though. It's too recent to be Old School, being the look I started using in early 2008 after I finally got ahold of the white body dye, but it's still old enough to look pretty dated by our current standards. Al was still an Angel Imp under there, but the dye hid his wings.

And just for chuckles, here are a few of the other old outfits I have images of from around that same time. Sadly, the Great Halloween Hard Drive Melt-Down of 2007 took out everything I'd kept a screen of before these. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Festive Investigator

I'm to lazy to change my hair and race and I think I was bear foot but these are the items i bought to make my first avatar after toss on stuff they give you when you start. Someone was doing a comic and made up everyone using TekTek so when I started the site I duplicated his version of myself. I played a lot of pin ball to get the assassins' guise. Looking back it was adorably casual.

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
demonduck
aiduchi

Those are one of my oldest avis, I try to wear the bustier always
User ImagevUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And this is one before I turned grombie... I try to match my avies even back them and fit my most expensive items in there, something I still try to do XDD
User Image
your old avatars look familiar too.....
did you have a different user name years ago?
nop, I always had the same username, I used to lurk a lot here, I think I'm a more active poster in the DCD nowadays than before, but I spent more time before overall in gaia. I used to post a lot in the entretaiment forum too.

I used to spend a lot of time with the same avi, and change it to something similar, so maybe that's way they are familiar smile

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
I Asche I
MingSao
aiduchi

Uhh it makes me feel like a creep for saying this, but I recognize every avatar the both of you posted. All of them. But I don't think I've ever spoken to either of you. lol

More on-topic:
I have many, many items just kind of rotting away in my inventory...
But I'll never let them go! Haha. I've actually tried making avatars with old items, but I never ended up using or saving them. :x I'm still super partial to my were feet though; I'm fairly certain that's my favorite item on Gaia.

Here are a handful of older-ish avatars of mine.. All in the form of stupid screen-caps.
I'm Oh So Dramatic and Suffocating Lace. I'm giggling so hard looking through these. Why did I think it was cool to add s**t with MSPaint?
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

don't feel like a creep cause I remember you too, I remember you as Suffocating Lace, I think the avi with the suspenders and the scarf is kind of memorable, cause the same moment I saw it I remember it XD. I still lurk in the GCD and remember some people, but specially the siggys, sometimes I saw a sig and say, I knew that one. But as you say. Didn't usually speak with most people :S

Sparkling Supporter

demonduck
Starzel
I'd probably be proudly rocking something like this. Even changed my base back, good times.
The thing is though I would probably be too poor to afford this when it came out. I had to buy my older stuff when they got cheaper, after they were slightly less cool.
i've bought a handful of things lately too that way.
especially gold shop items. Like the other day i just bought some of the old kimonos and other more expensive shop items.
9k was a big deal way back when. now that is what you loose between the cushions.
A couple months ago I spent maybe a couple million on shop items. I never would be able to justify it before, but now you see it from the chance carts. Kinda crazy. It was a good choice though, I have so many shoes now!

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I perfected resting b***h face on Gaia.
I also really liked pumpkins. I still really like pumpkins.. and orange.
The rest of my old avatars are here.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
demonduck

First off, Hey you <3 whee

Actual discussion type stuff:

It took me until the past year or so to finally upgrade my avi.
I still have all the old items gathering dust though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff