Welcome to Gaia! ::

Long animes are always fun to get into. Not only can you see the progressing of the style they use but if you get really into it and don't want it to end like some animes abruptly do then you don't have to worry. With ongoing ones like Naruto or One Piece, its nice to watch them now and then you can do side animes waiting for a few to be released. I'd say get the big ones out of the way first. The other ones aren't going anywhere. My biggest one I couldn't get through though was Detective Conan. The whole every episode is unique and random ones have story parts just got to me. 700+ animes are my downfall. Nothing like looking back seeing you watch over 5000 episodes of anime though lol.

Phantom

If I haven't started it early on then I can't do it. No One Piece for me! But I did hear of Bleach just when it was before the Soul Society arc so I was much more eager to start from the beginning ( theeeen went to the manga because the animation was really awkward ). lol So I didn't get into it when it was very long at all.

Ideally though, I refer 12-26 episodes.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
if it's a new series that hasn't finished yet i don't mind because it's not overwhelming like "whoa there are 200 episodes already", it's like "there might end up being 200 episodes but i'm going to just watch one episode per week when they're released and see how it goes".
but if something looked decent then i looked it up and it had 100+ episodes i'd generally be like 'nevermind, i won't bother'.

i haven't ever actually watched a very long series though because long series are usually things that don't appeal to me anyway.
i've read some long manga (or parts of them and got bored before the end) and usually (not always) they get repetitive or predictable or have too much filler.

also when i find a really good series that i love i feel really sad if it's like 12 episodes because that's way too short.

perfect series length is 25-50 episodes.

Interesting Explorer

3,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Completely understand your sentiments.
I reject any Anime that goes beyond 60 episodes, I give 50+ a go because of FMA, which turned out to be one of the classics.
My prejudice for long Anime is that they tend to have a lot of fillers, they have enough popularity to allow them to do that, and eventually I believe the production tend to get sloppy and lazy.
Short Anime are more compact, but they have to do their best within a few month's time, draw enough fan base to sell merchandise afterwards, or even score a season 2.

Alien Invader

I've never been able to really get into a long series and I've tried. The amount of filler is just a turn off. I know it's possible to skip them, but that just seems kind of crazy to me. Do I skip chapters of a book or scenes in a movie? It just reflects on the overall quality to me and it bums me out. haha I'm kinda jealous of people who can really get into a long series. I think that's probably a testament to the characters of the show like...being able to see a character go through 100+ episodes of possible development is pretty cool. It also just kinda blows my mind like...I saw some gifsets of new Naruto and I was like WHOA! cause the last time I watched Naruto was when it was initially released. Like, holy s**t, this show has been on for half of my life. LOL

Animal Lover

I really couldn't care less how long the series is. I mean one of my favorite anime has 178 episodes. Then I have another one that I love that one has 12 episodes in season 1 and in season 3. Season 2 ended up with 10 for a total of 34 episodes... I suppose it just depends on the anime itself....

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
User Image
You think you have won, and that the darkness will consume me, but you've yet to realize....

I typically have plenty of time on my hands, so I am fine with watching a long series. However, it also only works out for me if I get interested in it rather quickly as I am watching it. But also, there are shows that I like to watch that even I would consider to be "too long". For example, I am currently taking a break from watching Detective Conan (reached episode 562), to start watching something my friend recommended me, called Shakugan no Shana. When I have nothing I want to watch more then Conan, I go back to watching Conan.

that I AM THE DARKNESS!!!!!I can never be destroyed, as I am part of existence itself!
User Image

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
No. I think it's just annoying how the fanbase seems so much more obsessed with the amount of different anime you've seen. -_- With that and the anti-mainstreamers constantly killing the mood by hating in threads, I found ignoring Gaia's AMC allows me to enjoy anime much more without things like the number of episodes being a negative factor. surprised Just wandered in due to a snowstorm trapping me indoors.
It depends for me.

I have watched some long anime and when I say long, I mean long.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn was a very good anime, so it was worth it to sit through 200 episodes.

Mainly I look for anime with good plot as opposed to episode number.
If it is really good, I tend to want more episodes anyway.

yum_puddi

OG GO

10,940 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I kind of like it, I mean it annoys me when there's an anime with only a little amount of episodes and I have to wait for more

Original Character

i completely understand...

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
yeah... wish they didn't but they do

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff