Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Hero

greeness
*::*

ya thats old news. and tektek has been way behind on items for a while now... its really sad sad

*::*

Oh yeah it's been behind on items forever now. As if I care about that though; I don't have anything new anyway.
But at least you could attempt to build an avatar, now the whole thing is down. crying

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
NotSoDire
Ohhhh!! That makes total sense, but is still really frustrating GAHHHHH gonk

I think they do update it quite a lot, but can't keep up with the influx of items. I do eventually see newer items on there, but it seems like it lags behind quite a bit.

You are right about layering, but I think they have categories and sorting down far better than gaia does.
I wish I could make avatars the old fashioned way but my skills are like zip.
Please show me your ways emotion_kirakira

I know right? Especially when there's item names I can't remember, tektek is the first place I go to so I can look for it. emo
That's a good point. It doesn't help that Gaia poops new items every other hour 24/7. lol
Oh, I just use the search function in the dressing room honestly, as well as a bit of help/suggestions from people in the Avatar Talk forums.
It was hard for me at first since I also used to depend on tektek to make avatars;
so the transition took a while to get used to. But after I got used to using the Dressing Room it grew easier for me to use.
It really just takes a bit of time for one to adjust. 3nodding

zbrahh's Partner In Crime

Coloring Trash

I didn't really use it anyways cause it was so out of date
DevilMinakoChan
That thing needs work.. It tells me I have 9 of one item when I only have 1 then it tells me some of my high priced items are 0.. I don't think I've ever gotten an actual worth out of it..

I think it says 0 when it's been recently added and not many people have bought it in the marketplace or there aren't any to buy from the MP at the moment. Since it'll usually go by the average, if there's no average currently there's nothing they can do with it.

Ruthless Lunatic

NotSoDire
Zombie Pulse
NotSoDire
Zombie Pulse
I am. I want to make new avatars.

I know, right?! Although I do love yours, I'm sure your just like me and itching to make a new one!
I actually tried to make one the old fashioned way and it was just sad. cry

Why can't gaia's avatar editor be more like tektek?
Thank you 4laugh
I agree. I would love it if you could look up items by color like tektek.

You can search by color, but it's not as accurate and doesn't pull up the most minute poses of the specified color that are part of an item of a different color, like tektek does.
And not only that but all of the categories! Gloves, jackets, tails, wings, etc etc
Well sure, but it's crap.
It doesn't show everything.
But yes. That would be neat.
And there really wouldn't be a need for tektek.

Magical Hero

Brohibit
ngl i dont see why people rely on tektek still
it's always behind bc gaia has a bajillion new items coming out and tekton has recolor.me to maintain

like, i have 3.6k items to use and i make avis just fine surprised

ngl I rely on tektek because: I use gaia intermittently with months or years of inactivity in between and therefore have no recollection of any of my items or the poses contained therein. It follows from there that I don't have any of the new items it's missing anyway. And the sorting is out of this world - sort by color, price, release date, CS, GS, MCs, and it analyzes each pose as to how it's equippable with such specification. And I had no idea about this recolor.me thing until this very second.
How do you remember every single color and pose of those 3600 items?
It's so annoying, it kept on lagging out for me before it stopped working. They just need to fix it asap

Magical Hero

B O O !
I never relied on tektek so..

Sucks for you that do. sad

Yes it does.

Magical Hero

Zombie Pulse
NotSoDire
Zombie Pulse
NotSoDire
Zombie Pulse
I am. I want to make new avatars.

I know, right?! Although I do love yours, I'm sure your just like me and itching to make a new one!
I actually tried to make one the old fashioned way and it was just sad. cry

Why can't gaia's avatar editor be more like tektek?
Thank you 4laugh
I agree. I would love it if you could look up items by color like tektek.

You can search by color, but it's not as accurate and doesn't pull up the most minute poses of the specified color that are part of an item of a different color, like tektek does.
And not only that but all of the categories! Gloves, jackets, tails, wings, etc etc
Well sure, but it's crap.
It doesn't show everything.
But yes. That would be neat.
And there really wouldn't be a need for tektek.

That's what I'm saying, you can search by color but it's crap and doesn't show everything like tektek does.
It would be very neat. It would be a dream come true for me whee

nah fam's Wife

I only used tektek to find items in the market. It was faster to look there than spend all of my time on the market. Now I'm kinda pissed that it's down because I want to find a new outfit and I don't wanna take forever finding one scream

Magical Hero

Zolaika Balaika
Yup, entire tektek site is down pretty much.
I'm severely annoyed because building avatars blind upsets me. Especially after being gone a year lol

I know, right?
I'm such an intermittent user that I can't remember all my shiz and what it does!

Shirtless OTP

21,475 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not really upset
cause servers dying and/or crashing happens sometimes.
Lyfe.

Magical Hero

Hypothetical Situation
I don't use tektek, the layering could never be trusted.

I got past that a long time ago now, and know I know better than to trust it.
But the categories and sorting features!! And I'm mostly in it for the way it shows all the poses you have instead of just all the individual items you have.

Magical Hero

-l- Mi-tan -l-
NotSoDire
Ohhhh!! That makes total sense, but is still really frustrating GAHHHHH gonk

I think they do update it quite a lot, but can't keep up with the influx of items. I do eventually see newer items on there, but it seems like it lags behind quite a bit.

You are right about layering, but I think they have categories and sorting down far better than gaia does.
I wish I could make avatars the old fashioned way but my skills are like zip.
Please show me your ways emotion_kirakira

I know right? Especially when there's item names I can't remember, tektek is the first place I go to so I can look for it. emo
That's a good point. It doesn't help that Gaia poops new items every other hour 24/7. lol
Oh, I just use the search function in the dressing room honestly, as well as a bit of help/suggestions from people in the Avatar Talk forums.
It was hard for me at first since I also used to depend on tektek to make avatars;
so the transition took a while to get used to. But after I got used to using the Dressing Room it grew easier for me to use.
It really just takes a bit of time for one to adjust. 3nodding

I'm so rarely on here I can't even remember what items I have much less what poses are inside! D':
What is this dressing room you speak of?
Oh I totally depend on tektek to make avatars and I don't know about this whole transitioning thing... ninja

Magical Hero

Cray Button
I didn't really use it anyways cause it was so out of date

OutOfDate is my middle name mad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items