Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Do you remember the old days. Old fashion, post by post replies. No high end expectations. A place for people of all levels. All Races and all character types. My dream, is to bring back that sanctuary. How?
Let's start out with the very beginning...
No profile posting. I don't like it. I don't need it. Let's watch your character development the old fashion way. If You feel you must, do it in your post! You also don't need to wait for my permission to post! Now.. Onto the rules.

1. No godmod. This does include but is not limited to; immortality in fights, controlling another character without permission,the inability to be hit, unblock able attacks. Play fair guys.
2.Respect all. Arguing on the Internet is just stupid. Take it to PMs.
3.Obey the tos.... Romance is allowed but this is not a brothel. Keep the explicit out. Not everyone here is an adult.. Not everyone here is the kid.
4. Keep the ooc to ooc. This is a role play.

((Now for the good stuff))
Lost in the depths of a deep woodland relm, as you wander off the path,unsure of what the day will bring, the air shifts and you slowly seep into a new world. A welcoming, warm light in the distance opens way to a cozy building, constructed of wood and acting the center piece of a clearing equipped with even a small pond for fishing. The door swings open easily and inside the building expands, opens into a cafe several stories tall, Castle like in appearance,with rooms and passages to explore for days. You are greeted by a smiling face of of a women. Her skin is pale, lightly tinted purple. Her hair is crimson and floating around her frame in light, delicate curls. He eyes a brilliant, piercing blue. A set of rabbit ears dorn her head with a tail to match. A lapin..yet human with the air of something monsterous and dark. Her smile is inviting and she offers you the company of the cafe. The choice is yours. Divulge in the sanctuary? Take the invite?

Owner: Phaedra Nyxeria
Co-Owner:
Bar tenders: Phildel (2 open)
Residents:
Room two: Aoikeen
Room three: PhiIdel
(Unlimited)
(Pm for a job or a job suggestion, please bare in mind I can not reply to everyone and I still believe in quotes so you know who I'm talking too! Ready...set... Post. Have fun. Don't wait on me!)

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Time ticked by... Or at least if felt that way. One look at the clock on the wall, old wooden one it was, would show that time seemed to stand still here. A sanctuary you could get lost in. Many people had been consumed by the seamless flow of the Cafe. Only a special type of person had the ability to control it's many walls. Phaedra Nyxeria was that person. She was unique as they come though anyone that knew her called her average at best,maybe a little lost inside of her own head. Today was unlike most days. She felt the turn of tides. She felt the potential of a new opertunity. Food was prepared. Beds were made, drinks wee poured. Beaming,the bunnet woman opened the front door.... Crickets? Well that's not this was supposed to work... This was not at all what she expected.

Lightbringer

"Oof!" came the small cry of a young woman, as she tripped over an exposed root. Being fatigued from her travels, and having a slight tendency to daydream, it was hard to stay focused on her surroundings. She took a moment to heave a sigh into the dirt and grass, then slowly got back to her feet, using the nearby tree for support.

Though she was now specked with dirt, she was a pretty thing. A healthy, fair complexion, large eyes of azure blue, and light blonde hair. A red shawl was wrapped around her torso with a white tunic beneath it. Dark slacks covered her legs, and knee-high leather boots protected her feet. A red beret, lopped to the right, sat on her head. Her appearance alone suggested someone that cared more for style than proper travel wear, but a pair of short swords at her waist implied that she was a combatant of some degree.

The lady dusted herself off, gave a huff, then kept walking. Getting lost was no fun. As she was having second thoughts about her little adventure, thinking that perhaps she should try to turn around and navigate her way back, a light up ahead caught her eye. A campfire, perhaps? She quickened her pace, though taking glances at the ground in case of more exposed roots. After a few moments, she came across something ten times better than a simple fire - a building! The girl's face lit up with glee. She hurried to the front door, and rapped on it thrice. "Pleeease let someone be there, it has lights on and everything!"

((Edit: Uh, I forgot Phaedra was actually standing at the door - pardon that inconsistency.))

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi
((Very much alright. I can work with anything.)
Phaedra squeaked as a young woman pushed past her. She was well dressed, unlike the bunnet woman herself that looked as of she should be somewhere other than in business... She stepped aside as the opening door made way for the traveller.
Oh my, dear-heart. Come in, I come in. Get warm. I've just taken tea off the fire. Fresh and warm. Would you care for a cup? Maybe some warm food for your belly?
Phaedra's voice was soft. Her words annunciated, unique. Thick with an accent from some distant land. Her speech was not quick but calm, soothing like a warm summer breeze. Intoxicating. She motioned to the many tables all with cushioned stools and chairs, mismatched but somehow comforting, inviting. The theme was the same as Phaedra herself. Deep reds. It was all exotic and smiled like honey and cinnamon.
Phaedra herself was just as unique. As inviting. She held the air of something regal, composed but... There was something deep in her smile that was frightening, almost predatory.

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
Warmth, rest, food and water - in the middle of nowhere, these comforts were a godsend. Though the woman, presumably the owner of the building, was admittedly frightening in more ways than one, the girl felt like she would trust a bear right now. It was hard to think properly when the scent of freshly brewed tea danced within her nostrils, and when her legs ached for the reprieve of a squashy chair. "... Anything. All of it sounds nice." She said in a quiet voice. The spike of adrenaline that rushed her to the doorstep was already wearing off it seemed.

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi

Crossing the threshold was a whole other event on its own. It was like a vacuum but at the same time a rush of soothing air. It was addictive as was Phaedra's smile.

The lapin woman pulled out a big, plush chair and scurried over to a pot of tea. It smelled of herbs and and dash of spice.it was warm, relaxing. The perfect drinking temperate. Phae placed a dish with sugar cubes on the table as well as a plate of warm biscuits,butter and honey. Phaedra pulled out a chair for herself as well, a cup of tea already half empty as she was waiting for company.

Please, please have a seat. Be comfortable. Tell me your story... I much like stories. Where are you from? How did you get lost? What do you seek? I share my home, you share you're adventure.

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
The young woman staggered forward, eyes wide and hungry at the sight of so many delights. When she sunk down into the chair, a long sigh of relief passed her pink lips. She closed her eyelids for a moment, but forced them open once more, in fear of falling asleep on the spot. She managed to get herself into a more proper sitting position, then began spreading some butter over one of the biscuits. "Uhh. That's a lot of long questions." She said with a tired smile. "Is there one you want me to start with?"

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi

Phaedra just looked at the woman, her tea cup pressed to her lips, blue eyes starring out, sparkling with raw curiosity. She chuckled.. That chuckle turning into a laugh. A sound out of place. She gave a nod of her head though and placed the cup down.
Very well. Start at the beginning. Who you are and what world you hail from. Tell me this and I'll tell you where you dwell now and perhaps, who I am.
There was truth in the words she had. She tilted her head to the side, her bunny ears flopping to the side as the light in her eyes dimmed as she kept focus on her. How long had it been since Phae had seen another person?

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
That was a bit more manageable. The girl took a large bite of the biscuit first, and the satisfaction was very evident on her face as she chewed and swallowed."My name is Laria. I come from a place called Aether, and from a small town called Alem." She took another bite, and washed it down with a sip of tea. "Most people can't tell I'm from another place - what gave it away?" Laria asked. She took in the hostess' appearance. She was only noticing now that the woman's dress was rather... minimal. Still, aside from the tint of her skin, Laria didn't feel that out of place.

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi
Phaedra tilted her head to the other side, taking on the girls words with complete curiosity and interest. So squeaked at the question.
I could tell because no one is from here. I am from here but not you. You reside between. Just between. It's just me. Always. Then there was you. You are my new company. Do you like the biscuits? I can make other things. Just not meat things. I do not kill the meat. You can. I won't. Now.. You. Who are you? How did you get Between?

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
The woman had a very interesting way of speaking, in a foreign way that brought a smile to Laria's bright cheeks. She reached for another biscuit while the hostess spoke, and was applying some honey this time. The swordsman's movements slowed slightly as the lady's questions began to deepen, however. Laria sensed more concern in the owner's voice, perhaps suspicion... perhaps even hostility? The young lady tried to keep her composure as she took a bite. "I'm an adventurer, or I guess I am now at least. I'm involved in something... bigger, that I don't really understand. I don't really know how I got here, er, in the 'Between' I mean. I remember entering a forest, thinking it would be a shortcut, but then I got lost. I kept walking, and after a while I was so tired that it was hard to think." Laria blinked once, aware of how heavy her eyelids felt. "Then I saw the light here and... that's it, really. Did I do something bad?" She asked, with a sudden sense of worry.

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi
(I do apologize for my absence. Long week.)
Phaedra tilted her head to the side. She lifted a biscuit to her own lips, the taste of food changed her entire personality. The woman in red melted away to a pleasant being clad in white. Her eyes calmed and for a moment, she seemed sane, normal, though her accent did nothing to change. Bad? No my dear. This place is sanctuary. I grew up here. It appears to those lost. More often than not.. They are lost from themselves. You are welcome here. Stay. Eat. Regain your strength.Phaedra smiled as she looked towards the doorway. Her Biscuit almost gone. Though you are the first company I have acquired in what is such a long time now.

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
((Ahh, yeah. Hope you're getting some R&R.))

Laria's body tensed as the hostess suddenly began to shift before her very eyes. She had no idea what this meant - should the young lady be running right now? But, thankfully, it seemed there was nothing to fear. A breath of relief escaped Laria when the woman put her fears to rest. "That's good to hear." The worry drained away from the swordsman's features, and she once again had the look of a simple, tired traveler. She finished off her biscuit, then took a sip of her tea. One really does appreciate the simple things, after enduring hardship. "Your sanctuary is very pleasant - I love the look of it. You say you were born here, so was it a family member that created it?" In the back of her mind she was curious as to how finding one's self hopelessly lost guided people to this place, but she figured it best to take this one question at a time.

Eternal Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Takarashi
Phaedra blinked a few moments. Her pale eyes shone and a close look would reveal the things of reptilian slits.she pushed to her feet and with a wave of her hand, refreshments were refilled and the biscuits replaces with small sandwiches. Tiny, tongue sized and of every kind imaginable. I... Don't remember... Funny how such simple concepts seem so well lost to me. The furthest back I remember was well... But a few years ago. Maybe it was a few days. See? Time differently here.As if to prove prove a point, her eyes drifted to a motionless clock on the wall. It looked strained, as if trying to moves it's longest hand. That ebony arrow, normally the active counter of every second had only moved once during their entire conversation. Seconds in this word, we're hours. Minutes.. We're days. And full days.. Well. That was another story.
Unlike her previous form, this Phaedra dorned reason. A tail, almost draconian twitched behind her as she disobeyed the red version of herself and lifted a sandwich containing well seasoned, then sliced beef. It was sweet, tangy and savory all at once and complimented my a rare cheese. She savored it as the smell wafting from her cup had changed from tea to thick, dark coffee.

Lightbringer

PhaedraNyxeria
For a 'moment', Laria was confused by what the woman spoke of. Did she have a poor perception of time? Perhaps she, too, was quite tired? When the hostess looked away, the swordsman followed the gaze of her curious eyes to the timepiece on the wall. At first she thought that the clock had merely stopped, but as she waited and watched carefully, she did indeed notice the apparent strain of the hands attempting to move. "I see..." Laria said softly.

The young lady glanced once more at the keeper. "You called this place 'in between', or something of that sort, right? Do you know where it is that where are? Or, perhaps, what this place even is?" Laria could feel her curiosity mounting as more things began to fall into place. Maybe this curious little place was somewhere she had been meant to go all along. Since she started her journey, she felt as though an invisible hand had been guiding her to places of oddity and importance. She felt that her arrival here was not coincidence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff